1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do to keep ready to do Gods will

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by gus4pm, May 10, 2007.

1. What do you do to keep ready to do Gods will

I have been doing a home study on being able to Love people the way God wants us to love.
    Part of the study involved learning to recognise I/ we have a spiritual tank, emotional tank and physical tank that all need to be kept full. for example; If your spiritual tank and physical tank are full but your emotional tank is low or empty you can not Love others like Jesus wants us too.
    (1 affects the others)

I thought it would be cool to see what you guys and gals do to stay full and ready.

What do I do that helps me stay functioning well?

Spiritual stuff (my relationship with God)
    1) Prayer or talking to God
    2) Discovering truths in Gods word that sets me free
    3) Thinking and believing positively about Jesus Christ as my saviour
    4) Being disciplined by Gods word and spirit

Emotional stuff (having Joy and balance)
    1) Joining my kids in their world of play and fun
    2) Watching a new movie
    3) Reading my Bible or a good book
    4) Fishing
    5) Shopping
    6) Cooking something new
    7) Gardening
    8) Making my home look nice
    9) Shower and shave
    10) Kicking my soccer ball

Physical stuff (health and work)
    1) Regular check up with my doctors
    2) Taking my medicine and praying “God bless these tabletsâ€
    3) 1 day a week doing some manual work for others and learning to not want anything in return, just for me to know it is for God's purpose
    4) Walking Claire my Dog
    5) Swimming

2. A very good thread, Gus~
    Spiritual, Physical and Emotional~~~
    That is a good way to look at and understand it;
    Keeping those things full or complete.

Reading my Bible
    Actually studying the scriptures
    Being part of a Christian forum
    Spending alone time with my husband
    Quality time talking and listening to my children
    Teaching my children
    Long walks
    Reading Blogs of like-minded people
    Family meals
    Keeping (trying my best) organized
    Practicing patience
    Being humble
    Serving others
    Praying throughout the day
    Offering words of encouragement
    Eating healthy
    Appreciating nature/God's art
    Lots of fresh air

No particular order, and only the tip of the iceburg, but I've listed some things
    [​IMG]

3. this is my simple answer- if you fellowship with God , stay in His Word and keep your heart in total submission to the leading of the Holy Spirit you will always do the will of God - if you are Spiritually filled and renewed in your mind your body will follow this is the way demonstrated to us by our Lord Jesus Christ and He was our perfect example of what a man can do when walking in this complete harmony with God-

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
    Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1Th 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: to be sanctified is to be purifed and set apart for God's service

4. Yes but the point I was trying to make is that we do live in a physical body and for the body to work, so the spirit can work also, the body and mind does need looking after.
    If we neglect our physical body too long, no matter who you are, you are not going to be doing God's will.
    We need food. We need to love people. We should be enjoying the very nature of our universe that God our father made.
    Our bodies do get tired and sick and it is our duty to do our best at keeping healthy and ready to do the will of Him who has called us.
    We are emotional human beings and i believe our emotions, whether we recognise it or not, do affect our relationship to God and people.
    We can have joy and fun in this world Rom 12:2 tells us not to be like the world we live in when it comes to sin. Don't conform to sin it does kill and destroy.
    There is great emotinal, spiritual and physical benefit in enjoying the things in this world that are not sinful. Nature- God's art. People- God's creation. Pets- gifts from God. etc; These are acceptable enjoyments given to us from God are they not to help make us a more balanced joyful person while on earth?
    Set Christ first in our life, don't conform to sin, enjoy and thank God for all good things come from God, pray and seek, know the truth and it will set you free.
    This is what gives us strength and joy in our walk with Jesus
    Jesus was a people person.

5. only sick people need doctors,the spirit can cure you!

6. Hello SC,
    yes, what you said is true, but does not God expect some responsibility on our part?
    We can't live on fat and sugar, get drunk 3 nights a week, etc....and just expect that God will heal us.
    We do have some responsibility in and with our lives.

7. depends how you look at it violet.

8. God puts it in this order
    Spirit
    Soul Body
    Spiritual communion with God gives me wisdom in my soul and that leads me to take good care of my body, my body no matter how healthy won't really function to it's best capacity without the very source of life indwelling it- a gasoline car won't run right on deisel- at least not for long.
    God has always given me strength to do what He calls me to as long as my heart is prepared-
    This is my lifestyle and the way I operate I am more than sure that God deals with each of us differently

9. Hello again, SC,
    Explain how it depends on how you look at it.
    Yes, what Boanerges said is true.
    I don't think we should neglect putting some effort into our own health.

10. The Scripture declares:

1Ti 4:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

God is not against us taking care of our bodies, after all He is the original manufacturer- we can consider it good stewardship

11. God never gave us burdensome commands,so i enjoy what i like.im not making up new rules for him.

12. I used to teach a class of preschoolers in sunday school we sang a little song that went kind of like this:
    We reap what we sow !
    We reap what we sow !
    What you should know know know is
    What you reap is what you sow!
    :D