What do I do?

What do I do?

Hello people, I'm 21 currently studying to be a minister via internet. Because I am visually impared, and not exactly rich...meh...I spend a lot of time at home.

Sometimes I get worried about my future and how things will work out. I've tried to persue other careers, but the door always shuts. I attended a community college for a year and my instructor told me that while I have a talent in the field, it would be hard for me to suceed because of my disability and lack of passion for the field. I really wasn't interrested in what I was doing...

Truth is, the only thing I'm interrested in is ministry (well that and video games) Thats really all I know. Sometimes I feel like I'm always going to be doing what I'm doing now...not progressing. I'm looking for a job to make some money and save and all that good stuff. Any advice or encouragement?

I would like to take an opportunity to welcome you to CFS Duddy316- as far as your request I will be praying for you and believing for God to open the door He wants you to go thru- many blessings brother Larry

Hi and Welcome.
The first thing that came to my mind is for you to prayerfully find someone you trust and respect, as a mentor in the ministry.

Yeah that's funny you should say that because that's one thing that I have been praying for is supportive friends and a mentor to learn from. Not to sound like a crybaby, but I never really knew my own father

Best of luck Duddy316. Perhaps you could turn your ministering ability into a job? What opportunties are there in this area?

Could you start your own web site. Not sure if you can make a great deal of money from this, considering the vast amounts of other free sites available.

The personal fulfillment is payment enough though.

Perhaps you could write books, or e-books and sell them online?

Just ideas, hopefully they might help.:)

Hello people, I'm 21 currently studying to be a minister via internet. Because I am visually impared, and not exactly rich...meh...I spend a lot of time at home.

Sometimes I get worried about my future and how things will work out. I've tried to persue other careers, but the door always shuts. I attended a community college for a year and my instructor told me that while I have a talent in the field, it would be hard for me to suceed because of my disability and lack of passion for the field. I really wasn't interrested in what I was doing...

Truth is, the only thing I'm interrested in is ministry (well that and video games) Thats really all I know. Sometimes I feel like I'm always going to be doing what I'm doing now...not progressing. I'm looking for a job to make some money and save and all that good stuff. Any advice or encouragement?

Dear Duddy,

May God be with you!

Are you going to church? Are you active in your church? I would start there. As with any career, showing that you have some experience is vital. Begin by volunteering, then maybe work at becoming a youth minister or faith formation director - something that will give you experience and allow you to grow in your field and get known.

God bless you!

Back