What Do I Do With My Tarot Cards?

The term "occult" is such a broad term, I don't think it means quite what you think it means.

From dictionary.com: Occult: 1. beyond the range of ordinary knowledge or understanding; mysterious
2. secret; disclosed or communicated only to the initiated.
Demons have knowledge humans don't. It is mysterious since alot of people are unsure if magic is true. It is a secret because I don't know how to access the demons and don't wanna know. The demons communicate with those who initiate with them. Exactly what I mean't

Glomung and deeezbeats, you guys are missing the point. I didn't say demons don't exist or don't do anything. I said that things like Ouija boards, tarot cards, spells, incantations, etc. are ineffective. Could a Ouija board be used by a demon to influence a person? Sure, but no more so than a doorknob or Big Mac.

And that's my point. There's no more reason to fear or be suspicious of Ouija boards or tarot cards than there is of doorknobs or Big Macs. As soon as you start treating these things differently, you've given them power that they don't otherwise have. It's just like if I believe that every time I touch a doorknob, a demon is using it to enter my body, so I never touch doorknobs, campaign to get them banned, and tell everyone that doorknobs are evil. All that does is give an otherwise inert object a power over me that it never really had.

It's the same as what I said about the first Commandment earlier. God didn't tell us to not have any other gods before him because there really are other gods. He told us that because if we start worshiping another god, we would be giving an otherwise non-existent entity a power over ourselves (the power to move us away from God) that it never really had (because it doesn't exist).
Big macs are meant for eating. Door nobs are meant for opening doors. I'm not gonna buy a oujia board To eat it and I'm not Gonna get tarot cards just to play Goldfish or Uno. How else would people come into contact with demons? What do you mean by "non-existent entity"? How can something that doesn't exist have any influence over you?

Big macs are meant for eating. Door nobs are meant for opening doors. I'm not gonna buy a oujia board To eat it and I'm not Gonna get tarot cards just to play Goldfish or Uno.
Ouija boards have "For entertainment purposes only" (or something similar) printed on them or the box they're sold in. Plus, neither Ouija boards or tarot cards are made to interact with demons. Tarot cards are made to give "readings".

How else would people come into contact with demons?
Are you saying that demons can only contact people via things that are specifically made for that purpose? That it's impossible for a demon to use a doorknob to contact a person?

What do you mean by "non-existent entity"? How can something that doesn't exist have any influence over you?
That's exactly my point! The only way a golden idol, piece of wood with letters on it, or cards with pictures printed on them can have influence over you is if you let them. And you grant them this power once you believe they have it. If you don't, then they are no more powerful than a doorknob or Big Mac.

RiverJordan - that is where you are so wrong.
The ONLY PURPOSE of a Ouija board is to talk to spirits. That is it's sole purpose.
It is the intent that makes it dangerous.
A person becomes subject to demons by inviting them into their life.
Playing with a Ouija board or Tarot cards is just this sort of invitation.
You just can't do that with a Big Mac.

RiverJordan - what you refuse to accept is that demons can and do affect objects and people.
They don't tend to do it under circumstances that would make it obvious even to agnostic observer that they exist.
They do their best work while making folks believe they don't exist.
Why would they show their hand when they can cause endless havoc from the shadows?
You attitude shows a complete ignorance and disregard of the actual situation.

If they are so hidden, how did you come to know they exist? How did you become aware of the "actual situation"? The point is, if you can't test the hypothesis "demons are real and exist here on earth", then you can't possibly know whether it is true or not. Unless you have personally witnessed demons at work, your belief is arbitrary and you might as well believe that there is an invisible spaghetti monster in the sky. If you point to the bible as the basis for your belief, then you must take every word in the bible literally, in which case you believe the earth is 4000 years old and women were created from a mans rib. If that is the case, then you might want to look up what the term metaphor means.

I personally don't believe that anything exists that is %100 evil. The reason for this is that good cannot exist without evil, dark without light, life without death. If there was no brilliant light in the sky, there would be nothing to cast a shadow.

Demons have knowledge humans don't. It is mysterious since alot of people are unsure if magic is true. It is a secret because I don't know how to access the demons and don't wanna know. The demons communicate with those who initiate with them. Exactly what I mean't

well you said "do you believe in the occult?" which could simply mean anything hidden from view. I just meant occult is a very broad term and doesn't imply demons necessarily. Freemasonry is technically "occult" but is a christian order.

So let me give an example of this "made for/intent" thing some of you are promoting.

I have two pieces of wood. I cut the first into an egg shape, sand it, paint it black, and then put number and letter decals on it. Then I drill a small indent in the back and use it to hang on my wall. I call it a piece of woodworking art. That's what I made it for.

I take the second piece of wood, cut it into an egg shape, sand it, paint it black, and put number and letter decals on it. I lay it on a table and put an upside down small glass on it and use it to "contact the spirit world". I call it a Ouija board. That's what I made it for.

According to what you guys are saying, there is a massive, major difference between these two objects. The second can and will be used by demons, whereas the second can't and won't. Even though the two look almost exactly the same and are made with the exact same materials, one is dramatically different than the other because of the intent with which it was made.

I find that notion hilarious.

Ouija boards have "For entertainment purposes only" (or something similar) printed on them or the box they're sold in. Plus, neither Ouija boards or tarot cards are made to interact with demons. Tarot cards are made to give "readings".

Are you saying that demons can only contact people via things that are specifically made for that purpose? That it's impossible for a demon to use a doorknob to contact a person?

That's exactly my point! The only way a golden idol, piece of wood with letters on it, or cards with pictures printed on them can have influence over you is if you let them. And you grant them this power once you believe they have it. If you don't, then they are no more powerful than a doorknob or Big Mac.
"readings" huh? Ok. Entertainment my booty. Well I'd assume that demons cant just visit you whenever. It seems more like for their to be some form of technology made for getting in contact with them. I don't know why a demon would visit someone using a doorknob. How can you grant something that doesn't exist power? You're under the impression that demons don't have a means/mediator between them and humans to contact them.

So let me give an example of this "made for/intent" thing some of you are promoting.

I have two pieces of wood. I cut the first into an egg shape, sand it, paint it black, and then put number and letter decals on it. Then I drill a small indent in the back and use it to hang on my wall. I call it a piece of woodworking art. That's what I made it for.

I take the second piece of wood, cut it into an egg shape, sand it, paint it black, and put number and letter decals on it. I lay it on a table and put an upside down small glass on it and use it to "contact the spirit world". I call it a Ouija board. That's what I made it for.

According to what you guys are saying, there is a massive, major difference between these two objects. The second can and will be used by demons, whereas the second can't and won't. Even though the two look almost exactly the same and are made with the exact same materials, one is dramatically different than the other because of the intent with which it was made.

I find that notion hilarious.
Well how do you think that demons can come into contact with people then? If their arent any instruments/rituals to intiate it? How were the people in the bible possessed by demons?

"readings" huh? Ok. Entertainment my booty.
Oh, I see. You're all about "It's the intent", until it doesn't match up with what you want, at which point you then wave it all away.

So which is it? If the intent is the all important factor, then how do things with entertainment and readings as their intent have anything more to do with demons than doorknobs or Big Macs?

Well I'd assume that demons cant just visit you whenever. It seems more like for their to be some form of technology made for getting in contact with them. I don't know why a demon would visit someone using a doorknob.
IMO, demons don't require technology to do whatever it is they do.

How can you grant something that doesn't exist power?
How many times do I have to answer this? You grant them power by believing they have it. If you still don't understand, then please answer the question I've asked you several times now: Why would God make the first Commandment "You shall not have any other gods before Me" if there are no other gods?

You're under the impression that demons don't have a means/mediator between them and humans to contact them.
No, I'm saying that if that's how they operate, they can use anything for that purpose, even doorknobs and Big Macs.

Well how do you think that demons can come into contact with people then? If their arent any instruments/rituals to intiate it? How were the people in the bible possessed by demons?
Scripture doesn't really say. The Gospel accounts describe demon-possessed people, but doesn't say how they became so.

Oh, I see. You're all about "It's the intent", until it doesn't match up with what you want, at which point you then wave it all away.

So which is it? If the intent is the all important factor, then how do things with entertainment and readings as their intent have anything more to do with demons than doorknobs or Big Macs?

IMO, demons don't require technology to do whatever it is they do.

How many times do I have to answer this? You grant them power by believing they have it. If you still don't understand, then please answer the question I've asked you several times now: Why would God make the first Commandment "You shall not have any other gods before Me" if there are no other gods?

No, I'm saying that if that's how they operate, they can use anything for that purpose, even doorknobs and Big Macs.

Scripture doesn't really say. The Gospel accounts describe demon-possessed people, but doesn't say how they became so.
I'm not the guy that mentioned intent. How do you know what demons do or don't do? You don't. What do you mean there are no Gods? The bibles mentions gods. They just aren't worthy of worship. All glory belongs to Jehovah.

I'm not the guy that mentioned intent.
You posted, "Big macs are meant for eating. Door nobs are meant for opening doors. I'm not gonna buy a oujia board To eat it and I'm not Gonna get tarot cards just to play Goldfish or Uno."

If that's not about the "intent" of an object, what is it about?

How do you know what demons do or don't do? You don't.
Then neither do you.

What do you mean there are no Gods? The bibles mentions gods. They just aren't worthy of worship being All glory belongs to Jehovah.
What other gods are there?

You posted, "Big macs are meant for eating. Door nobs are meant for opening doors. I'm not gonna buy a oujia board To eat it and I'm not Gonna get tarot cards just to play Goldfish or Uno."

If that's not about the "intent" of an object, what is it about?

Then neither do you.

What other gods are there?
Acts 14:11-12"When the crowds saw what Paul had done, they cried out in the Lyc·a·o′ni·an language: “The gods have become like humans and have come down to us!”+12 And they started calling Bar′na·bas Zeus, but Paul Her′mes, since he was taking the lead in speaking"

Jeremiah 51:14"I will turn my attention to Bel in Babylon,And I will take out of his mouth what he has swallowed.+To him nations will stream no more,And the wall of Babylon will fall."

Acts 19:41"Hearing this and becoming full of anger, the men began crying out: “Great is Ar′te·mis of the E·phe′sians!”"

C.S. Lewis' Screwtape Letters provided some food for thought in the way demons may operate. None of the cases involving items like tarot cards or spell books.

Praise God that you destroyed them! Now study John 14:6, John 3:16-17, John 3:3, John 5:24, then confess Romans 10:8-13 in faith believing. Afterwards, rejoice with us in Ephesians 2:8-9. Remember: WE add zero, zilch, nada to what God has done through Jesus, our Savior and Lord.

He is a jealous God. His arm is sufficient. Its like a drug dealer who give the first dose for free just to get you hooked. The devil will give power and for awhile it will be all good but then when your starting to take these occult powers for granted then boom the devil will want you to do something for him and if you don't then he will just have to take away that power, that now you hold so dear. And if you do what he wants then you will probably get more power and then bam he's got something a little worse for you and then a little more worse and if you keep doing it you will grow in leaps and bounds when it comes to occult power but you will have to commit evils that you never imagined probably in secret ritual, but you may get use to it as you are initiated. You may even gain the whole world but lose your soul. I am not Moslem but I read somewhere that they believe that when someone uses divination, astrology and such that God will not answer that persons prayers for 40 days or something. Hmm I wonder what the bible says about that.
What am I doing wrong then that my prayers don't usually come true?
He is a jealous God.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.-Matt. 6:33 KJV

KingJ,

You claimed that there were "billions of demons on earth". I asked where they are. I didn't say demons don't exist. Your black/white thinking is messing you up again.

Back