What Do I Do With My Tarot Cards?

You can't just rate a post as dumb without explaining Lysander. Unless your only goal is to insult.

As much as men would like to think that they can test anything with "science",
it is not possible to scientifically test some things.
There are a whole host of beings who absolutely refuse to be crammed into a test tube.

Take St. Michael for example, I would think he'd be a touch offended.
And you REALLY don't want to offend him.

As much as men would like to think that they can test anything with "science",
it is not possible to scientifically test some things.
There are a whole host of beings who absolutely refuse to be crammed into a test tube.

Take St. Michael for example, I would think he'd be a touch offended.
And you REALLY don't want to offend him.

Expanding on that, there are even things that everyone, theists and atheists alike, regard as valid that can't be measured by science. Mathematical and logical truths can't be measured by science -- they are presupposed in scientific reasoning.

They could definitely do that! I heard a testimony of an evangelist who went to some villages in Zimbabwe. He said the power of the witches was un-deniable. Everyone in the village lived in fear of them. This made preaching easy as all he had to do was bind her / show all that Jesus is greater and the whole village would convert / listen to him preach all day long :).

Really? The magic they did is the same like Harry Potter magic? I don't really believe that. But if it's true, did Severus Snape still started existing after I did all the rituals and made the wish that Severus Snape would exist before I was Christian?

Really? The magic they did is the same like Harry Potter magic? I don't really believe that. But if it's true, did Severus Snape still started existing after I did all the rituals and made the wish that Severus Snape would exist before I was Christian?
No, creation = Creator God. Something falling = fallen angels. Fictionional Snape = JK Rowling.

No, creation = Creator God. Something falling = fallen angels. Fictionional Snape = JK Rowling.

Okay... But if the Harry Potter and other fairytale magic exists, then wouldn't it be possible to make fictional characters real because that would be like fairytale magic? In Harry Potter there was still spell named serpensortia that makes a snake exist by just using the wand... But I still don't believe that fairytale magic doesn't exist.

actually .. tarot cards, Ouija boards etc .. do work .. and is a favorite means of demons to enter a person and most likely why Polly has had problems .. I know because it happened to me as well ..

No... Polly doesn't have demons. We don't live in the middle ages people.

about 7 out of 10 cases of demonic possession start with a Ouija board or other scrying device

The board is just cardboard and plastic. The trouble starts when the user(s) entertain the intent to contact
spirits, they have just broken the "law of invitation". Which roughly stated, is that if you "ask for spirits you get them."
Demons are the only spirits that go for such requests as they are looking for any excuse to get into someones life.
Once they have you permission to get involved with you things tend to go downhill from there.

The "Exorcist" is fairly accurate on this point. The movie was based on the possession of a boy in the US during the 1930s.

What a great statistic! Did you do a survey of possessed people to figure that out? You seem to know an awful lot about "demons", I learned that they are like vampires and need to be invited to come in! Is this in the bible somewhere? I must have missed it on my last read.

But wizardry is not real, only witchcraft is. Have you ever seen someone casting Expelliarmus on an object and then the object falls without touching it, or magick that doesn't match the scientific laws?

Witch craft is real, but not the way you're probably thinking of it. A witch, or "wiccan", is simply someone who practices nature worship. There are no witches that fly around on brooms and worship the devil, that's stuff for the movies. I just saw someone else said the same thing, so I guess I'm being a little redundant here.

MichaelH, don't be deceived that witchcraft and magic from Satan is nothing more than fiction. While it's not nearly as powerful as God, it is still real and one of the many other reasons why we need God.

Practicing false religious acts to non-existent gods is wrong because it's a rejection of the true God who does indeed exist. Practicing witchcraft or even blatant Satanism, while it is also a rejection of God, it is a connection with something that actually is real with the sole purpose to drive you away from Him.

In fact, I think it's extremely dangerous to think something like witchcraft doesn't exist as it can render you more vulnerable.

If one believes in the Holy Trinity, one will also believe in the existence of Satan. And if Satan, the demons, and Hell are real, then how is it a silly notion for witchcraft to be real when the idea is that it comes from those existing sources?

To be fair, the bible says a lot of things that should not be taken quite literally. Case in point, the bible tells us that thought occurs in the heart. The kidneys ("reins") are the seat of conscience .(Note: This is not merely a poetic use of these terms, as is now claimed. In early times, it was actually believed that various body organs other than the brain were responsible for our thoughts, feelings, actions and the like. The heart was believed to be the seat of thought processes and beliefs, while the kidneys were thought to be the seat of conscience.) The bible was written over 2000 years ago, so it is not surprising that some of the thinking of the time is reflected in it. I don't mean this to say that the bible shouldn't be believed or followed, but that common sense should be used in interpreting it.

Witchcraft, in the real world, is at the bottom of a very long list of concerns. I am much more concerned about the growing gap between the rich and the poor, the destruction of God's Earth, and how man treats his fellows who might hold different beliefs than him.

Witchcraft etc in Africa is totally different to what we think of witch craft, especially when people call it Wicca and bring up harmless "White Witches" who do only good.

Juju and Voodoo are very real and powerful, of course people think its the Shaman, witchdoctor, Witch or whatever who has special powers, but they do not, just as Christians do not have any power. All power comes from the spiritual realm, GOd, Jesus Holy Spirit Satan and Demons, so things that happen are down to demonic powers at work.

The things that go on are very powerful and disturbing and it is obvious why people live in fear of these witches. It is very plausible that a Christian on an missionary trip there would end up blinding the witches to show Gods power is superior, of course the blinding would have been done by God.

Come out from among them, and be ye separate saith the Lord; and touch not the unclean things, and I will receive you. Simply get rid of such things. We cannot put our trust into the hands of God and into the hands of sin at the same time.

To be fair, the bible says a lot of things that should not be taken quite literally. Case in point, the bible tells us that thought occurs in the heart. The kidneys ("reins") are the seat of conscience .(Note: This is not merely a poetic use of these terms, as is now claimed. In early times, it was actually believed that various body organs other than the brain were responsible for our thoughts, feelings, actions and the like. The heart was believed to be the seat of thought processes and beliefs, while the kidneys were thought to be the seat of conscience.) The bible was written over 2000 years ago, so it is not surprising that some of the thinking of the time is reflected in it. I don't mean this to say that the bible shouldn't be believed or followed, but that common sense should be used in interpreting it.

Witchcraft, in the real world, is at the bottom of a very long list of concerns. I am much more concerned about the growing gap between the rich and the poor, the destruction of God's Earth, and how man treats his fellows who might hold different beliefs than him.

Indeed that the Bible is a collection of books, some literal, some figurative, some poetry, some instruction, etc. etc.

I'm not accounting for witchcraft as the foreground issue against peoples' souls. Ultimately, the rejection of God is in the foreground of that, but witchcraft is not an exception from that either. The real damage witchcraft has on someone is it leaves their souls vulnerable for Satan.

I only mean to respond to the subject at hand.

When something is made for the sole purpose of reaching demons, it is more then a rock! this is hardly rocket science, my gosh!!!!
?????? Can you show me where in the manufacturing process the "made to reach demons" part comes in?

You imply nothing happens when there are billions of demons on earth? :eek:
There are? Where are they?

Do you reject scripture that teaches of angels, the fallout and them sent to earth? You don't believe in the devil?
I would bet not at all in the way you do.

If you do accept demons are here... you assume they have aboslutely no power and are on earth merely to float around? Did you miss my question on the Egyptian sorcerers?
Like all our other exchanges, this comes down to you being a black/white thinker and absolute literalist, and me being more of a "shades of grey", put things in context person.

This kind of stupidity may make you good freinds with atheists. We don't want to step on their toes with conservative views of scripture :rolleyes:. But, it makes you look really stupid amongst any Christian who knows scripture, especially those in the mission field.
You sure are getting angry lately. One of the traits of fundamentalists is that they have very little tolerance for opinions or views that differ from their own. Is that what's going on here?

Really? Humans < angels. A demon is much smarter then you. He has no interest in being on national tv. It is not their time in the sun yet. Wait for the anti-christ to come. Then you will see very bold demons.
Who said anything about national TV? And of course, like so many other things...."the evidence may not be on my side now, but just wait until the end times!!" :ROFLMAO:

Denounce your Christianity, go to a satanist gathering, burn some bibles and see what happens.
Why? Since you've obviously been to something like that and can speak as an authority, what happens?

?????? Can you show me where in the manufacturing process the "made to reach demons" part comes in?
I have not heard of any using an Ouija board for scrabble.

There are? Where are they?
Rev 12:7-12 answers that: And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them[a] in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”

I would bet not at all in the way you do.
Cast to earth = cast to earth.

Like all our other exchanges, this comes down to you being a black/white thinker and absolute literalist, and me being more of a "shades of grey", put things in context person.
Rejecting scripture is not shades of grey, its black.

You sure are getting angry lately. One of the traits of fundamentalists is that they have very little tolerance for opinions or views that differ from their own. Is that what's going on here?
You are a difficult fish indeed River ;). I have to reach deep to try help you reject your opinion and accept scripture. I am open to correction from scripture! We should all be!

Who said anything about national TV? And of course, like so many other things...."the evidence may not be on my side now, but just wait until the end times!!":ROFLMAO:
Yes, because if we apply some lateral thinking we can conclude...that if the devil will do miracles in the last days, why not now too? Re-read Rev 12:7012. The devil's presence is a ''woe to us''.

Why? Since you've obviously been to something like that and can speak as an authority, what happens?
Have you watched much you-tube testimonies? Here is a good one:

What a great statistic! Did you do a survey of possessed people to figure that out? You seem to know an awful lot about "demons", I learned that they are like vampires and need to be invited to come in! Is this in the bible somewhere? I must have missed it on my last read.

All mockery on your part aside. I have studied Demonology and the Occult for more than 30 years. The statistic was from the Catholic Church in the US during the 1970s. Since Protestants are essentially worthless when it comes to doing exorcisms (except for the Lutherans) it is left up to the Catholic Church to bear the burden. You can invite them into your house, it is a blatantly stupid thing to do, but some do so.
You would be absolutely amazed what is NOT in the Bible, about 99.99% of reality.
It' not a math book, chemistry book, physics book, geology text, not even much of a history book, only covers a very small time period for a very small part of the world.

The Bible is about SALVATION and practically nothing else.

I have not heard of any using an Ouija board for scrabble.
????? Answer the question. At what point in the manufacturing process is the "made to reach demons" function put in?

Rev 12:7-12 answers that: And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them[a] in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”
Gee, and there's absolutely no history at all of Revelations being misinterpreted, is there?

The verses right before that say, "Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth."

Do you believe that? Do you literally believe one third of all the stars in the universe were flung to the earth?

Rejecting scripture is not shades of grey, its black.
Sure, but no one here is rejecting scripture.

Yes, because if we apply some lateral thinking we can conclude...that if the devil will do miracles in the last days, why not now too? Re-read Rev 12:7012. The devil's presence is a ''woe to us''.
And one third of all the stars in the universe were swept to the earth. :confused:

Have you watched much you-tube testimonies?
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. "YouTube testimonies"....right on par with objective testing. You really want to start basing your version of reality based on what people put on YouTube? Really? :ROFLMAO:

But the fact that you apparently do that does explain a lot.

Back