What Do I Do With My Tarot Cards?

MichaelH - you are missing the point entirely.

The are witches because they follow Wicca, that is the definition of a witch.
If you are talking about how Disney and Hollywood define witches, then I agree with you, there is no such thing.
As far as Hollywoods view on magic, again it does not exist.
However, there are those who make pacts with demons, this practice is called sorcery.
There is no "magic" in the person, but they can accomplish things by occult methods just the same.

MichaelH - you are missing the point entirely.

The are witches because they follow Wicca, that is the definition of a witch.
If you are talking about how Disney and Hollywood define witches, then I agree with you, there is no such thing.
As far as Hollywoods view on magic, again it does not exist.
However, there are those who make pacts with demons, this practice is called sorcery.
There is no "magic" in the person, but they can accomplish things by occult methods just the same.

You are correct. And they don't even mention the Devil or anything evil except the bad spells like Avada Kedavra or Crucio etc. in Harry Potter. The magic they do in Harry Potter only comes from the wand, potion, or some other magical item, but the wizards and witches in Harry Potter don't seem to believe in any evil stuff, but then again, I don't know about Voldemort... But they do mention some mythology deities, like the Norse, Greek, Egyptian, etc. But they only say that the magic in Harry Potter comes from their wands, potions, or some other magical items...

ok first of all let me just say, witches do exist, demons, wizards, spells and the like. i was born in africa where they actually practice that. so i know its there. one word for them all ...EVIL. Im currently undertaking a warfare where witches are deliberately seeking to destroy me in Christ okay. all the harry potter stuff, tarot cards, ouija boards and the like have to be done away with. you see the thing you dont understand is they open portals for demons to manifest, influence and destroy your life. they are if you like the gates to the underworld. as a christian, you should know better to abstain from devils. throw those profane things away. they will buy you a first class ticket to hell as you are joining a rebellion which Gods wrath is coming to destroy, taking you with them. if you wish to burn in eternal fire, then keep them and use them. if you wish to live with Christ in the next life , burn them and have nothing to do with them. the choice is yours!!

ok first of all let me just say, witches do exist, demons, wizards, spells and the like. i was born in africa where they actually practice that. so i know its there. one word for them all ...EVIL. Im currently undertaking a warfare where witches are deliberately seeking to destroy me in Christ okay. all the harry potter stuff, tarot cards, ouija boards and the like have to be done away with. you see the thing you dont understand is they open portals for demons to manifest, influence and destroy your life. they are if you like the gates to the underworld. as a christian, you should know better to abstain from devils. throw those profane things away. they will buy you a first class ticket to hell as you are joining a rebellion which Gods wrath is coming to destroy, taking you with them. if you wish to burn in eternal fire, then keep them and use them. if you wish to live with Christ in the next life , burn them and have nothing to do with them. the choice is yours!!

well said ..

You are correct. And they don't even mention the Devil or anything evil except the bad spells like Avada Kedavra

Abracadabra is actually Hebrew ..
and means to speak into existence ..

avra k'davra = by speaking I create ..
(it's reversed)

biblical Hebrew would look like this ..
bara' = to create (H1254)
dabar = to speak (H1696)

but it went into a transliteration in Latin and then a transliteration into English to get it's current spelling ..

the reason it is reversed (above) is because Hebrew goes right to left ..

thus abracadabra is translated:
"by speaking I create" not "I create what I speak" ..

Really? Have you seen a witch use a spell like Expelliarmus on an object for example and then the object falls for example without touching it with hands?

I'm going to ask once again: If all these things (Tarot cards, Ouija boards, spells) really work, why don't they ever, ever, ever, ever, work in objectively controlled situations?

I'm going to ask once again: If all these things (Tarot cards, Ouija boards, spells) really work, why don't they ever, ever, ever, ever, work in objectively controlled situations?

They don't always work, but sometimes they do (at least the spells can and have -- ). But the misleading part is thinking that the ability comes from the individual when it really comes from demons. But whether it be changing hair color or something along those lines via witchcraft, the real danger is just bringing in division between one's self and God.

These aren't the same faux mystic abilities James Randi has been exposing, this is something a bit more dangerous. My wife's friend used to worship the false goddess, Diana, who's followers practice witchcraft. Diana is clearly not real, and witchcraft can't come from something non-existent, but she was attacked and even needed an exercism. That's the ultimate danger -- the vulnerability it renders people to existing evil beings.

They don't always work, but sometimes they do (at least the spells can and have -- ).
But again, they never, ever, ever, ever, ever work under objectively controlled situations. Ever.

There's a very obvious explanation for that and a lot of people here seem to be avoiding it.

But again, they never, ever, ever, ever, ever work under objectively controlled situations. Ever.

There's a very obvious explanation for that and a lot of people here seem to be avoiding it.

Regarding if they objectively work or not isn't quite the point. I think a lot of people are mixed on this one, and it's neither here nor there. I'm open to the possibility that they do only because I believe in Satan and demons, their abilities, and that they can and have many times manifested themselves in people. But maybe they don't, but the activity they promote still leaves people open to evil manifestations.

Whether the spells have actually gone in the direction intended by those casting them is something I personally can't say. I don't know. I know people who claim to have actually experienced it, and maybe they've misread what has happened (like the Crossing Over John Edwards approach where it was really nothing at all). In terms of their objective uses and whether they've actually worked is something I'd say I'm agnostic on. This is of course addressing the material objects vs. what they can conjure up.

I don't think you're appreciating what I'm talking about when I say "objectively controlled situations".

People claim these objects, spells, incantations, etc. "work" (they allow one to speak to spirits, predict the future, change behaviors or outcomes, etc.). We know from other established studies that humans are susceptible to the power of suggestion (placebo effect) and confirmation bias (placing more emphasis on successes than failures). So in order to find out if these objects, spells, incantations, etc. work, we control for the power of suggestion and confirmation bias, thereby minimizing their effect on the outcomes. And every single time we do that, they all fail.

Do you understand the significance of that? These things "work" only when suggestion and bias are not accounted for and fail every time they are accounted for.

That's about as clear and obvious an indication of what's behind these things as you can possibly hope for.

When something is made for the sole purpose of reaching demons, it is more then a rock! this is hardly rocket science, my gosh!!!!

You imply nothing happens when there are billions of demons on earth? :eek:

Do you reject scripture that teaches of angels, the fallout and them sent to earth? You don't believe in the devil?

If you do accept demons are here... you assume they have aboslutely no power and are on earth merely to float around? Did you miss my question on the Egyptian sorcerers?

This kind of stupidity may make you good freinds with atheists. We don't want to step on their toes with conservative views of scripture :rolleyes:. But, it makes you look really stupid amongst any Christian who knows scripture, especially those in the mission field.

Last edited:

Really? Humans < angels. A demon is much smarter then you. He has no interest in being on national tv. It is not their time in the sun yet. Wait for the anti-christ to come. Then you will see very bold demons.

Denounce your Christianity, go to a satanist gathering, burn some bibles and see what happens.

Really? Have you seen a witch use a spell like Expelliarmus on an object for example and then the object falls for example without touching it with hands?

They could definitely do that! I heard a testimony of an evangelist who went to some villages in Zimbabwe. He said the power of the witches was un-deniable. Everyone in the village lived in fear of them. This made preaching easy as all he had to do was bind her / show all that Jesus is greater and the whole village would convert / listen to him preach all day long :).

Lesson = dabble in any kind of witchcraft as a Christian and you are tempting God's discipline / making Him jealous. It is all from demons! The beginning and end of a Christians ''spiritual'' power is in using the name of Jesus.

Having powers appeals to our pride. It is pefectly understundable why so many get involved! Anyone who has been bullied, low self confidence or bored of life. But Jesus can help with all that and properly with no 'sell your soul to the devil' strings attached (y).

Last edited:
I don't think you're appreciating what I'm talking about when I say "objectively controlled situations".

People claim these objects, spells, incantations, etc. "work" (they allow one to speak to spirits, predict the future, change behaviors or outcomes, etc.). We know from other established studies that humans are susceptible to the power of suggestion (placebo effect) and confirmation bias (placing more emphasis on successes than failures). So in order to find out if these objects, spells, incantations, etc. work, we control for the power of suggestion and confirmation bias, thereby minimizing their effect on the outcomes. And every single time we do that, they all fail.

Do you understand the significance of that? These things "work" only when suggestion and bias are not accounted for and fail every time they are accounted for.

That's about as clear and obvious an indication of what's behind these things as you can possibly hope for.

You have a reference to these purported studies.

Whether they work or not according to their purposes is hardly the concern. I don't think that's where the problem lies.
Rate my post as dumb by all means, but show me the courtesy of at least saying why. I don't see anything I said as dumb. Please I am open for correction. Just don't bring Rivers means of explaining or any religious dogma.

Rate my post as dumb by all means, but show me the courtesy of at least saying why. I don't see anything I said as dumb. Please I am open for correction. Just don't bring Rivers means of explaining or any religious dogma. Bring actual scripture or go home.

???

Back