What Defines God's Word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know that Jesus didn't simply reveal Himself to her for her own private revelation of who He is? He is doing this all over the place these days. She is not exempt from the Great Commission.
You just adding sugar to the madness. You guys actually think you are helping her?

Brother, until you're in her situation you're just being rude.

I apologize for the ''rofl''. But not that post you qouted. She is taking flak from people not believing what she is saying. Those guys in the video Euphemia provided take flak for preaching Jesus in a Muslim area. You don't see the issue? You guys are not helping her.

I apologize for the ''rofl''. But not that post you qouted. She is taking flak from people not believing what she is saying. Those guys in the video Euphemia provided take flak for preaching Jesus in a Muslim area. You don't see the issue? You guys are not helping her.
Just because you don't believe and wish to put God into a box you can control doesn't give you the right to judge or mock others. You don't believe in the power then so be it, but the word of God is filled from cover to cover of unexplainable events and you believe them, yet you don't believe God does these things any more, today, and still God does not change, can't you see that? Open your spiritual eyes and repent of your doubtful heart. Whatever will you do when the spirit is poured out on all flesh, are you going to believe then?

I am sure that you are aware that from the 9th verse on in Mark 16 is not included in all the manuscripts.

Also notice verse 14.........."Afterward He appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat...............".

That event was also before His assention when He went to heaven and sat down at the right hand of God and is there today as our advocate. I also know that you realize He sent the Holy Spirit to earth because He was not on the earth but in heaven.

I know that is not what you will accept, and that is perfectly fine with me my brother, but it is what I believe.
Brother I know you should know that Jesus is not only sitting on the right hand of God, but he is also living inside the believer.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

The "greater" works does not mean "better" works, as Jesus would come back to live inside his Saints, after his resurrection there by continuing working miracles through them.
Greater in numbers, not greater in better.

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Of course, there is no limit to what God can do.

At the same time, we must be careful when it comes to visions and the interpretation of visions. We must keep in mind that the Bible is finished, and it tells us everything we need to know. The key truth is that if God were to give a vision, it would agree completely with what He has already revealed in His Word.

Visions should never be given equal or greater authority than the Word of God. God’s Word is our ultimate authority for Christian faith and practice. If you believe you have had a vision and feel that perhaps God gave it to you, prayerfully examine the Word of God and make sure your vision is in agreement with Scripture. Then prayerfully consider what God would have you do in response to the vision.

James 1:5.......
"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him."

Everything God does is never contradictory to His word. Just because something may not be detailed in the word, doesn't mean God hasn't done it, either.

My dear sister. Why are you making it appear that I am the enemy??? I do not remove any Scriptures and attempt to explain them all. I did not say that I had any problems with the passage or that I wanted them removed or that they did not apply.
All I said was that is you accept them then they are a package deal. If you accept one of the gifts you must do so with all of them because that is the way they are presented to the eleven.

I said that "I am sure that you are aware that from the 9th verse on in Mark 16 is not included in all the manuscripts."

Abdicate then accused me of ......."Now you can't accept the word of God".

Why would both of you, well educated and born again say things that I did not say? It has now become a pattern.

What I sated was a commonly known theological fact. I did not say it was my opinion or what I wanted or what I believed. I just stated what is a known fact and all of a sudden because I do not agree with you guys, I am the enemy.

I accept every word God speaks in His word, as well as every single gift given to men and women and children by Holy Spirit as mentioned in scripture.

What was your point in mentioning the passage of Mark 16 except to minimize its importance or even nullify it? We are well aware of the fact.

I did not write but again, here it is.........

1 Corinthians 13:8-10...................
"Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away."

My dear sister, I think that you know as well as I do that the "dreamer" or person with a "vision" is sometimes perpetuating a hoax intended to deceive people into following them. They claim their visions or visitations from God gave them special authority to form their new movements and teachings. One of the best examples of that is Joseph Smith, the founder of the Mormonism, who claimed God and Jesus appeared to him and told him all the churches on earth were false. He was to form a new church and preach the "restored" gospel. However, the church he formed and its teachings are wholly unbiblical which proves Smith received no visitation from God. God does not contradict Himself.

If you want to believe this visionary ability is valid.......Wonderful for you. I do not and will not and that is pretty much it.

I will see you down the road because there is nothing I can add that will change your mind and the same goes for you to me.

God loves it when we dream. Abraham was given a dream by God! We ought to exercise that great faculty God has given us and allow Him to infiltrate it. Immediately in a knee-jerk reaction going off to the heretic, Joseph Smith, is not the wise way to approach this topic.

You will not experience this part of the spectrum of God's dealing with us in our relationship with Him simply because you WILL not---just as you have said. The human will is very powerful, and stands strongly against God's will.

I don't agree. People who clamor to shut down a person for sharing what he or she claims God has done for him/her, are unruly and judgmental.

Brother I know you should know that Jesus is not only sitting on the right hand of God, but he is also living inside the believer.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

The "greater" works does not mean "better" works, as Jesus would come back to live inside his Saints, after his resurrection there by continuing working miracles through them.

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Wheee! Welcome back, brother!

Yeah, you were sayin'!

After almost 40 years I finally found a brick and mortar Church to attend, and as you already know when you are filled with the Word God you need a outlet to share with others. This forum has been my outlet for a while. The Church I attend keeps us pretty busy. :) When I need to release some Word, I will come here. I also have returned to "JT" to, but there has not been much activity there lately.

After almost 40 years I finally found a brick and mortar Church to attend, and as you already know when you are filled with the Word God you need a outlet to share with others. This forum has been my outlet for a while. The Church I attend keeps us pretty busy. :) When I need to release some Word, I will come here. I also have returned to "JT" to, but there has not been much activity there lately.

Welcome, friend! That your new church takes up your time is all good!

Well look at this............Nice to have you back Curtis !!
God Bless
Jim

Is that TJ ? lol

KingJ have I told you to put the dead heads of chickens on your fingers and demanded that you to go to Syria to preach the REAL 10 apostles in a finger puppet show? No.
Have you told me to go to Syria to kill myself?

Whether you believe me or not, please try and restrain yourself and live in Christ according to the word. If I may, I would like to remind you of how to walk in Christ;

Mark 9:38-39
John said to Him, "Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we tried to prevent him because he was not following us." But Jesus said, "Do not hinder him, for there is no one who will perform a miracle in My name, and be able soon afterward to speak evil of Me.…

It is not uncommon for people to think God has lost his power, but that is what faith is about.

Please consider that there is real human being writing this, that is deeply hurt by your words, please wield yours more thoughtfully.

In peace.

@Major I agree that you are not the enemy... but why make a statement like that? That statement just causes fights and hurts. If this verse (Mark 16:9-20) is in the Word, reguardless of what the theological debate is, then God must have wanted it in there, do you agree? And if it is there then if one believes every Word of the Bible as the Written Word of God, then it should be believed correct?
And if you agree then the devil used you as a tool to cause strife. And as i know that is not your heart or your intention to hurt others....we must be careful to relay the thoughts that come into our mind. To find out what our purpose is in what we say, before we say it.

I believe that every believer should be operating in the fullness of the "whole package," but doesn't that take training and believing? If one does not know that they have that authority in Jesus name, or they don't believe that God has comissioned them for that purpose, or that any of this is for today, then they will not allow the power of the Holy Spirit to flow through them. And thus cannnot operate as God intended.

In my mind you are my elder and undoubtedly should be treated with respect, because that is what our Bibles and my dad has taught me. Plus you do have a lot of biblical knowledge, and years of experience. And i apologize if this is disrespectful, for that is not my heart or intention.

God Bless you abundantly! And always

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back