What Christ Looks Like

I just had fresh run in with this idea: what Christ looks like now. What He is now. Jesus came down as the Word in flesh...but then he died and rose again....and this is what He is now....

"When I turned to see who was speaking to me, I saw seven gold lampstands. 13 And standing in the middle of the lampstands was someone like the Son of Man.[h] He was wearing a long robe with a gold sash across his chest. 14 His head and his hair were white like wool, as white as snow. And his eyes were like flames of fire. 15 His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and his voice thundered like mighty ocean waves. 16 He held seven stars in his right hand, and a sharp two-edged sword came from his mouth. And his face was like the sun in all its brilliance. 17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as if I were dead. But he laid his right hand on me and said,“Don’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the living one. I died, but look—I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave." Revelation 1:12-18.

It makes me shiver up and down inside with excited adoration (yes, that is now a thing)! What a God we serve! What a Lord and Christ that overcomes in us - He is the pinnacle of Power and Glory! God is EXCITING - and so is all He has planned for us! "Those who are victorious will sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat with my Father on his throne." Revelation 3:21. "If then you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. 3 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God." Colossians 3:1-3.

Christ revealed in Revelation is pretty awesome - but I think it vastly helpful to remember as we live our day to day lives in Christ - witnessing His overcoming in us. :) Knowing that this life and the narrow path we are on is just the beginning. Knowing again what an awesome God we are in - knowing the AWESOME God Who loves us and who we love also.....

Just thought I would share! :)

Back