What Are "works"?

As long as you are helping them in a Godly manner; with a Godly purpose: YES. All things 'good' are of God...

Are we not commanded to be fellow servants to our brothers & sisters?

Now if you are helping them rob a bank-that may be a different answer! :D

We have a tendency to over complicate the simplicity of the Word in our own imaginations.

DRS Posts: Now if you are helping them rob a bank-that may be a different answer! :D

The funny thing is no ne robs a bank for fun. Greed, desperation, lack of the green stuff. Rofl - but I get your message. The Christian would be trying to help by showing the robber what is really in his best interest to do - not rob a bank. And that wouldn't be just "get a job" either.

As long as you are helping them in a Godly manner; with a Godly purpose: YES. All things 'good' are of God...

Are we not commanded to be fellow servants to our brothers & sisters?

Now if you are helping them rob a bank-that may be a different answer! :D

We have a tendency to over complicate the simplicity of the Word in our own imaginations.

I think we must all accept the servant role. But to Glory in it IS divine. I think God asks us to do what is reasonable to us and that may differ from person to person. It IS hard to give up ego/pride but is it that which makes us humble? It's one thing to give a foot massage to the Lord but it is another to give one to our fellows. But he tells us it is the same. What can he mean by this?

I think we must all accept the servant role. But to Glory in it IS divine. I think God asks us to do what is reasonable to us and that may differ from person to person. It IS hard to give up ego/pride but is it that which makes us humble? It's one thing to give a foot massage to the Lord but it is another to give one to our fellows. But he tells us it is the same. What can he mean by this?

Are you referring to 'foot washing' in the Gospels at the Last supper? That is my assumption....

There are many layers to that; one of which you already touched about being the servant.

Dig a little deeper and think of this way-what is the dirtiest part (physically) of someone who has bathed and has to walk through the desert? THEIR FEET!

Christ WASHED the dirtiest part of the cleansed disciples? Mean anything to you?

As this is the example-as we are to be the example, everything physical has a spiritual component-in my opinion. So washing the filthiest parts physically is symbolic to washing away the filth SPIRITUALLY!

As we are supposed to followers and examples-we are called to help our fellow man wash away both physical (worldly) and spiritual filth....

DRS - I was alluding to both the prostitute and the last supper. Strange isn't it? But both messages mean - you must get down and dirty - to do God's Will

DRS - I was alluding to both the prostitute and the last supper. Strange isn't it? But both messages mean - you must get down and dirty - to do God's Will

While there are many worthy organizations out there where you can just send in monetary support for their cause, I do think that God's intent was that we put ourselves out there as well and not just send money for someone else to do all the work.

We started our missions conference yesterday and visiting missionaries Pastor Furan and Pastor Harris just about knocked out spiritual teeth out about having burdens for people; about what 'sacrifice' really means and getting involved for the Gospels sake. We have a small Church, but with truth preaching like that-we are either going to scare everybody off -or- to the Glory of God start seeing some of the wayward sheep come home. Can't wait to see what happens tonight!

www.fbbc-medina.org

While there are many worthy organizations out there where you can just send in monetary support for their cause, I do think that God's intent was that we put ourselves out there as well and not just send money for someone else to do all the work.
Not that I don't think giving $ doesn't do good - it is never so good, both for you and "them" that you do God's work yourself. If someone sees the flame burning in you, they "catch it better. :)

Back