What are we doing?

Directly from my newest blog post! My blog is linked in my signature!

A question for a lifetime. The question of a lifetime. What are you doing? What are any of us doing? Maybe it is time to ask the really important question, are you doing what God has called you to do?

Take a minute and think about your schedule this week. What does your life look like? Are you busy doing God's work or just busy work? This is a hard question that many Christians do not ask themselves. The thing is your life is but a blink of an eye. One day you are here and the next you are gone. You have no idea how many days you have left on this earth. When they are over what will you be remembered for?

Luke 4:18-19 18“ The Spirit of the LORDisupon Me, Because He has anointed MeTo preach the gospel tothepoor;He has sent Meto heal the brokenhearted,To proclaim liberty tothecaptivesAnd recovery of sight totheblind,Toset at liberty those who areoppressed; 19To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.”
God has chosen you, he has chosen me. I am to carry on Christ's mission. Before I can do that I need to check my schedule. I might need to prioritize because my time is so precious I will not waste it.

The time has come for all of us to really look at our lives and ask are you Christ aware? Do you see his presence and purpose in the choices you make? We all know those people out there who are very Self Aware. These Self Centered people are prevalent through history. We remember them in fact many of them are unforgettable. They arise throughout history with a purpose. They strongly believe in their purpose and dedicate their lives to it. They change the world. Who you ask am I referring to?
Adolf Hitler
Attila the Hun

Osama Bin Lad
en
Ruhollah Khomeini
Ivan the Terrible
Vlad the Impaler (the legend of Dracula is based on this guy)

Josef Stalin

This list is incomplete and only made up of men, but you get the idea. They all stood for something. They believed it to their core. Some of them died for what they believed. However, the difference between them and I is not believing strongly in something. It is not my passion about what I believe or even that I am willing to stand for something no matter what the consequence. It is simply that I am Christ Aware not Self Aware.

I've said it before and I am sure I will say it again. Some things are worth dying for. In this country where we take our very rights for granted it is very easy to become complacent. I refuse to go with the flow, because I am not a dead fish. If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything. I refuse to be naive or misguided. When I center myself on the one who truly matters I realize that not every fight is worth fighting. Not every battle must be won. However, his battles and victories I will celebrate to the depths of my soul!

In final consideration God did not call everyone to the same purpose. Honestly I love to sing. I would sing in choir, on stage, anywhere; but I am tone deaf to the core. God did not call me to sing. I also love to speak in public. I enjoy working at seminars and conferences. I know that I have a stage presence and I am not boring to listen to, at least not all the time. However, if this were God's plan for me I would be given opportunities to do this. God doesn't always give you the purpose you want. Being Christ centered means you have to set aside what you want for the purpose God has. Do not be caught up thinking I wish I could serve God in the way _____________ does, but instead serve him in what he has called you to do with your whole heart and mind. God doesn't call the worthy, but instead he makes worthy the called.

God has Chosen Me
God has chosen me, God has chosen me
to bring good news to the poor.
to bring new sight to those searching for light:
God has chosen me, chosen me:

Refrain
And to tell the world that God's kingdom is near,
to remove oppression and breakdown fear,
yes, God's time is near, God's time is near,
God's time is near, God's time is near.

to set alight a new fire.
to bring to birth a new kingdom on earth:

God is calling me, God is calling me
in all whose cry is unheard.
to raise up the voice with no power or choice:
God is calling me, calling me:

Directly from my newest blog post! My blog is linked in my signature!

A question for a lifetime. The question of a lifetime. What are you doing? What are any of us doing? Maybe it is time to ask the really important question, are you doing what God has called you to do?

Take a minute and think about your schedule this week. What does your life look like? Are you busy doing God's work or just busy work? This is a hard question that many Christians do not ask themselves. The thing is your life is but a blink of an eye. One day you are here and the next you are gone. You have no idea how many days you have left on this earth. When they are over what will you be remembered for?

Luke 4:18-19 18“ The Spirit of the LORDisupon Me, Because He has anointed MeTo preach the gospel tothepoor;He has sent Meto heal the brokenhearted,To proclaim liberty tothecaptivesAnd recovery of sight totheblind,Toset at liberty those who areoppressed; 19To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.”
God has chosen you, he has chosen me. I am to carry on Christ's mission. Before I can do that I need to check my schedule. I might need to prioritize because my time is so precious I will not waste it.

The time has come for all of us to really look at our lives and ask are you Christ aware? Do you see his presence and purpose in the choices you make? We all know those people out there who are very Self Aware. These Self Centered people are prevalent through history. We remember them in fact many of them are unforgettable. They arise throughout history with a purpose. They strongly believe in their purpose and dedicate their lives to it. They change the world. Who you ask am I referring to?
Adolf Hitler
Attila the Hun
Osama Bin Laden
Ruhollah Khomeini
Ivan the Terrible
Vlad the Impaler (the legend of Dracula is based on this guy)
Josef Stalin
This list is incomplete and only made up of men, but you get the idea. They all stood for something. They believed it to their core. Some of them died for what they believed. However, the difference between them and I is not believing strongly in something. It is not my passion about what I believe or even that I am willing to stand for something no matter what the consequence. It is simply that I am Christ Aware not Self Aware.

I've said it before and I am sure I will say it again. Some things are worth dying for. In this country where we take our very rights for granted it is very easy to become complacent. I refuse to go with the flow, because I am not a dead fish. If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything. I refuse to be naive or misguided. When I center myself on the one who truly matters I realize that not every fight is worth fighting. Not every battle must be won. However, his battles and victories I will celebrate to the depths of my soul!

In final consideration God did not call everyone to the same purpose. Honestly I love to sing. I would sing in choir, on stage, anywhere; but I am tone deaf to the core. God did not call me to sing. I also love to speak in public. I enjoy working at seminars and conferences. I know that I have a stage presence and I am not boring to listen to, at least not all the time. However, if this were God's plan for me I would be given opportunities to do this. God doesn't always give you the purpose you want. Being Christ centered means you have to set aside what you want for the purpose God has. Do not be caught up thinking I wish I could serve God in the way _____________ does, but instead serve him in what he has called you to do with your whole heart and mind. God doesn't call the worthy, but instead he makes worthy the called.

God has Chosen Me
to bring good news to the poor.
to bring new sight to those searching for light:

Refrain
And to tell the world that God's kingdom is near,
to remove oppression and breakdown fear,
yes, God's time is near, God's time is near,
God's time is near, God's time is near.

to set alight a new fire.
to bring to birth a new kingdom on earth:

in all whose cry is unheard.
to raise up the voice with no power or choice:
God is calling me, calling me:

My dear believer............
Your comment was..................................
" I also love to speak in public. I enjoy working at seminars and conferences. I know that I have a stage presence and I am not boring to listen to, at least not all the time. However, if this were God's plan for me I would be given opportunities to do this. "

Now my my encouragment to you is to find and join yourself to a Bible believing church. After a time of them getting to know you, VOLUNTEER
TO TEACH A BIBLE STUDY CLASS!!!!

Do not say you can't....look at your own words above............."God doesn't call the worthy, but instead he makes worthy the called. "

I actually do volunteer at my church and I teach the 3 year old class every Sunday. I honestly do not believe God is calling me to speak in public in the manner I enjoy, however I do teach middle school at a public school and the bible study at my church. Additionally I am part of a small group that meets once a week.

Back