1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

What Are The Consquences For Those Us Who Are True Believers On The Judgement Day?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by 福井舞, May 19, 2014.

1. I know I am saved by faith, not by work.

but I also know I need to give Jesus an account of my life.

so what consequences will there be for such an account?
  2. You should not ask Christians to presume to judge in Christ's stead.
    What does the Bible say?
    Does it say homosexual conduct is OK?
    Does it say that whatever is nor of faith is sin?
    Does it say that all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God?
    Does it not teach that He who said do not murder also said do not steal? So whoever steals is in violation of the law just as he who murders is.
  3. I think Scripture says something about loss of rewards or something like that.

But not all Christians agree with it.

I want to know what it says.
  4. #4 calvin, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
    Look it up
    Ahh well
    1Cor 3:15 If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

You need to study this in context. Scripture is not a collection of 'one liners'
    Where is the Messiah likes this.
  5. Scripture is certainly not a collection of "one liners" and I have never used it as such

1 Corinthians 13:2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

even Pharisees are well versed in scripture, but doesn't mean they are pleasing to God
  6. your point being..........?
  7. my point being having a headful of scriptural knowledge doesn't mean a thing in itself

in a general sense.
  8. You know what, youre partial right OP ..being full of knowledge means nothing if you don't have his power to back it up.

I think the account for us will be, did we live our lives the way God wanted, did we bury the gifts the HS gave us or did we use it for His glory?, did we tell anyone abt His son, have we bore His fruit...

Basically what did we do with our life
  9. If we did good, did what He called us to do used thegifts He imparted into us...and if we ate faithful and endure to the end....

He will say welcome faihful servant...

If we squander or time, talent, ect and do not resemble His son but continue in sin..He will say depart from me all who practice lawlessness.
  10. I hope that helps :)
    福井舞 likes this.
  11. That is just not the case.

1 Corinthians 3 mentions this very judgment:

1 Corinthians 3:13-15 (NLT)
    But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person’s work has any value. 14 If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward. 15 But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames.

All believers will stand before the judgment seat of Jesus Christ, referred to by many as the Bema Seat. It is not a place of judgment for salvation but of reward to those who are righteous already. We are made righteous by the blood of Jesus. so, all believers are judged for their works of righteousness---not sin---whether they be motivated by the desire to bring glory to God or to self...or other.

Some believers will pass though this judgment with glowing rewards and great new charges of duty in the coming Millennial Kingdom, while others will get by with not much---either due to ignoring God's call on their lives or by virtue of their immaturity---babes in Christ. No one at this point will ever be turned away. While I am sure many tears of regret will fall, God will wipe those tears away, as this is a time for rejoicing...it is our Graduation Day!
  12. This may be unrelated, but that never stops anyone else:

Don’t you realize that we will judge angels? So you should surely be able to resolve ordinary disputes in this life. (1 Corinthians 6:3 NLT)

I've never read a clear answer on this one. How will we judge the angels, and why?
  13. As joint-heirs with Christ, we will be right with Him in heavenly authority over the angelic creation. If we are in Him and are like Him, and if we are to reign with Him, it must be that somehow we will share in His authority. If we are supposed to have the mind of Christ in this life, it follows that we will have authority and perfect wisdom in the Millennial age to come, where we will be co-rulers with Christ over the world's nations, almost all of whom will be in need of salvation---assisting the King in ruling with a rod of iron, coming down hard on sin.

(That authority and our roles will be determined at the Bema Seat judgment as part of our great reward, in keeping with the scripture that tells us that to whom much is given, much will be required.

Luke 12:48b GW
    A lot will be expected from everyone who has been given a lot. More will be demanded from everyone who has been entrusted with a lot.)

After the Millennium, I believe that the scripture only gives us a bare glimpse to the possibility that we will not only participate in the judgment of the demonic horde, but also may have some authority over certain angels.

Ephesians 1:19-23
    I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power 20 that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms. 21 Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else—not only in this world but also in the world to come. 22 God has put all things under the authority of Christ and has made him head over all things for the benefit of the church. 23 And the church is his body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself.
  14. In principle, I see your question answered by ::
    Mat 12:41 The men of Nineveh will rise up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and behold, something greater than Jonah is here.
    Mat 12:42 The queen of the South will rise up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and behold, something greater than Solomon is here.
    Though Jesus spoke in response to those seeking signs for His authority, the principle here is that they are going to be judged by their lack of repentance as compared to the people of Nineveh and by the queen of the south, who recognized God's wisdom in Solomon.
    Christians nave never seen Jesus face to face, yet we believe and trust. Angels have seen and doubted. We will judge angels (actions) by our example of faith and obedience.
    This may seem contrary to what Paul is saying........but is it really?
    Well that is as I see it anyway.
  15. Lol euphemia, i was basically saying the same thing.
  16. Maybe, except that you claim that Jesus will cast some of us from Him...which He won't.
  17. No only those who don't do His will..
    Many are called,few are chosen...
    We have free will..
  18. Everyone who finds themselves at the Bema Seat are both called and chosen. They are the Bride.
  19. To Whom was Jesus speaking when He said this??
  20. #20 ixoye_8, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
    scripture makes it QUITE CLEAR ..
    not about rewards .. ALL are judged !!!

Rom 14:10 But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.

Peter says the same thing ..
    1Pe 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

even Jesus says that we all will have to make an account of what we DID (judged for obedience) ..
    Mat 12:36 “But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.

the slave (believer) who did not DO is punished eternally ..

Mat 25:30 “Throw out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mat 25:46 “These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

oops .. NOT saved yet ..
    Mat 24:13 “But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.