1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT AGE AM I?

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by godbe4me, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Okay, here's the next one. Don't forget to not do any internet searches. This is a fun way to learn the bible and searching the answers for yourself. If you need to, search your bible but no quick internet searches. Let's have fun with this!!!

I am the age of Eli when he died.

What age am I?

2. 1 Sam 4:15

3. Okay that is the passage but "What Age Am I?"

4. Can anyone give me a number? What is the age?

5. Just a wild guess, 32 years old

6. The verse says it: 98.

7. I know, but I think this is a "trick" question!

Abdicate likes this.
  8. When Jesus hung on the cross he said,
    Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
    So I am assuming the name "Eli" is referring to God which was Jesus Christ. Was Jesus 32 years old when he died?

9. I'm certain of that too! But the question says:

Eli died at 98. "I am the age of Eli when he died." = 98.

Jesus died at 32. BTW they didn't have verse numbers then, only paragraph markings. So when Jesus quoted Psa 22:1 He was announcing that He was fulfilling that chapter, not that God had forsaken Him.

10. LOL....That is the answer I was looking for. The correct answer is "98."

1 Samuel 4:15-18

15: Now Eli was ninety and eight years old; and his eyes were dim, that he could not see.
    16: And the man said unto Eli, I am he that came out of the army, and I fled to day out of the army. And he said, What is there done, my son?
    17: And the messenger answered and said, Israel is fled before the Philistines, and there hath been also a great slaughter among the people, and thy two sons also, Hophni and Phinehas, are dead, and the ark of God is taken.
    18: And it came to pass, when he made mention of the ark of God, that he fell from off the seat backward by the side of the gate, and his neck brake, and he died: for he was an old man, and heavy. And he had judged Israel forty years.

CONGRATULATIONS ABDICATE!!!!!! GOOD ANSWER...

Please stay tuned for the next riddle.

Abdicate likes this.