1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Wellness and Worship

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by Dusty, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Wellness and Worship

I don't know maybe it should have been worship and wellness but will leave that to you guys to decide.

Hmmmm ...... Here are a few questions to start the thread.

Loving God, do we also have to make the right choices ?

In 1 Corinthians 6 :19 it says " Do you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you received from God ?"

OUr bodies are responding to the environment we create for them. Therefore, healthy diet, exercise and good mental health are important.

Are we out of pace with our eating habits ? Was our last walk a walk to the ice cream store?

Are we are spiritually double minded........saying we believe one thing about the care of our bodies and doing another ? I am speaking to myself here because I don't always make the right dietary choices.

Perhaps we need to move........ beyond merely talking about the physical benifits of a good diet, exercise and time management.

Feeling good is not the ultimate objective----- living in a healthy relationship with God is.

With that ultimate goal in mind we can make choices that help us stay in the right relationship with God.

We can develop and discover an environment in which worship and wellness become a way of life.
  2. One should go hand in hand with the other! While it's true God doesn't use a cosmic calcualtor to keep track of ones mistakes we do reap what we sow and should make healthy choices. God gave Israel a promise of divine heath and at the same time gave them a divinely healthy diet.