Water For The Thirsty

DISCUSSION GUIDE
1. How are Nicodemus and the woman at the well similar? How do they differ?

2. If "salvation" is healing, what needed to be healed in the Samaritan woman, and in her people?

3. What needed to be healed in the disciples, who came upon the scene?

4. What needs to be healed in your community, in your family, in your own spirit?

5. What barriers do you experience to healing for yourself and for others?

Readings for this week
Exodus 17:1-7
Psalm 95
Romans 5:1-11
John 4:5-42

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
- Mother Teresa,

Keep preaching preacher! Oh that "gift" may all see that He came to "give" eternal life.

Isa 49:10 They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.

Just noticed the questions...I will give it a shot

1, similar in that they both held the traditions of faith and had knowledge of the fathers. I think maybe the interesting part is how the Lord dealt so differently with them? To Nic, who was a teacher of the law etc.. He spoke in a mystery and maybe even put unreasonable demands upon his salvation. To the lowly woman, He offered salvation apart from condition.

2. Well of course you made some good points about the power of Christ and the living waters that come to those who accept Him. Be hard to add much to that but to say the Holy Spirit bears witness to what you was teaching.

3. I don't think they understood for what purpose Christ had come, there mindset was yet very much under the law. Many of the things He was teaching them would not be understood by them til much later.

4. Well I believe God works a little different than what we might look upon to see as "needing" to be healed. It is those deep places that God is working to heal in me, to learn to receive and not strive at this life. To live without fear or bitterness in my heart in this world. A preparation for that which is coming. In this inward change and work within me, God will effect a change in that which is outward and around me. Those things He will put under my influence, will be changed by the changes He is making in me.

5.It all comes down to faith working by love, learning to walk in the Divine Nature of God, and putting to death the ways and thoughts of the old man, day by day...

Back