1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

watching some youtube videos a sin?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by 福井舞, Nov 19, 2014.

1. such as Hillsong worship videos that weren't uploaded by Hillsong Church?

I know strictly speaking, viewing them is not breaking the law, but still, the original intention of the artist was not to make those songs available for free, but to make a profit?
  2. I'd say if you are having any doubt about it at all then maybe stay clear of them.
  3. YouTube has a feature similar to shazam. I've uploaded videos of family gatherings, and added Christmas songs to them or whatever. YouTube right away knew the song, and would either delete it right away, put restrictions on it (saying it won't be played in certain countries), or it would allow me to have it on my video, and I think I just couldn't monetize it. Which I wouldn't care to try and monetize family videos haha.

So me personally I don't think it's a sin, but I do agree with LanceA, and if you have any doubt it's better to default on not sinning.
    Silk likes this.
  4. Tricky question :) if you feel that "may be" it is not right, then just stay away from it..

Yesterday I saw a deal that Google Play music is giving 90 days free offer! Try it out.. They have almost all the albums.. I signed up and now I can enjoy lot of songs during my trip to Ohio for thanksgiving!
  5. "...For whatever does not procced from faith is sin." Rom 14:23 (ESV)
    That's just something to think about.
  6. I can't find anything about YouTube in the Bible.