Was Jesus God In The New Testament And The Old Testament?

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by Jacob sander, Mar 12, 2014.

?

Jesus God in OT and NT?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. To Brother Paul & calvin,

I apologize if I was implicating that just throwing the name around and people hearing it are going to be saved, but if I was truly meaning that, what would be their reason for believing on that name unless one did share the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ?

I happen to believe that when it comes to the simplicity of the gospel in believing in the Lord Jesus Christ & that God raised Him from the dead, they are saved. It is the only reason they would "believe" in that name; not to mention the fact that their believing is a work of God Himself since God the Father draws them unto the Son ( John 6:44 ) and reveals His Son to even babes ( Matthew 11:25-27 ) and so even if they do not know everything a disciple would know about Jesus Christ as a mature believer, a babe in Christ is saved simply by believing in His name regarding the Son of God as there is no other name under the heavens by which men are to call upon to be saved.

So when I refer to those that believe, even in His name, I am talking about those that believe on even the smallest revelation of the Son of God as revealed and made possible by the Father that they would believe in His name.

No newborn babe in Christ need fear that just because they do not know enough about Jesus Christ, that they are not saved, because they are saved for even believing in His name. They should be encourage to learn more of Him to grow in the knowledge of Him so that their love and joy may abound more & more, but they can rest assured that their believing in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead is enough for them to be saved in His name.

Silk and Major say Amen and like this.
  2. Well for my part I wish I had replied to you earlier. I am of two minds (split personality?:D) as to replying openly or via PM.
    Sometimes someone will say something in all innocence that evokes a memory or hits a raw nerve etc.
    There was once an active member here who in my opinion seemed to go after apologies as though they are trophies to be collected.
    That of course is my opinion...my impression.
    Still, personally I am uncomfortable with an apology where one is not really necessary.
    I admire the spirit you are showing, and I value your input even if and when I have a different perspective.
    Please don't take this as a rejection of yourself or of your apologetic tone.
    I look forward to any possible future discussions we might have.

Silk, Major and Abdicate says Amen and like this.
  3. I remember R_ _ _ _ _ very well and I certainly do not want to post his name so as to diminish him in any way. You are very correct Calvin
    (Capital "C" show my respect for you).

My personal thought is that you and now TalkJesus are very well informed and compassionate Christian's and I enjoy your presence and your thoughts. I am an old man but never too old to learn and grow from the advice and thoughts of well meaning believers. You both are a great addition to us all.

I speak for myself but I do think that our brothers and sisters here will agree with that comment.

Silk likes this.
  4. I agree and am reminded that the thief on the cross did not know anything at all about the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus but God in the flesh said......."Today YOU will be with me in Paradise".

5. Thanks for replying. God be willing, I too look forward to any possible furture discussions, wherein Jesus may continue to help me to be clearer in what I am sharing so as to not need a clarification again, but Jesus is still Lord.

6. Just sharing a belief that Paradise is Abraham's bosom which "was" located across the chasm from hell. Jesus had descended to preach to the prisoners in Paradise where His new arrival, the thief on the cross was made present by Him.

Now that He has resurrected and has ascended, Paradise is located in Heaven awaiting the time appointed to inherit the incorruptible when OT saints of Paradise & the NT saints that are abiding in Him as His disciples by His grace & by His help shall sit down at the King's Supper in the Father's mansion above at the pre tribulational rapture event.

Major likes this.
  7. Yep......That is my understanding as well.

TalkJesus likes this.
  8. I now have proof in the scriptures this thought is true.

Exodus 33:23 (KJV)
    And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen. ​

The highlighted words is only one in Hebrew and it is אחרי and has the following meanings:

1. the back side, the rear
    a. backwards
    b. hereafter (of time)
    c. behind ​

The translation isn't "my back parts" but "my hereafter" - my future! It also shows that Jesus (my) was the One speaking to Moses as God in full glory. Thank you Lord! :D

Silk likes this.
  9. Hi Tez missed you...I was not being dogmatic about the name (not that you are saying I was) but I guess the point I was making is that "Jesus" is the God-man, and the Word/Son who though always YHVH, was not Jesus before the incarnation.

10. Gen 2:4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.
    Rom 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

11. Jesus was God before the Old Testament was created.
    Jesus was God before the world was created.

Abdicate likes this.
  12. I'm new and have not read all of this post but have a question ... all three books of God?

13. Not sure what they meant, but makes me think of Old Testament, New Testament, and the Heart. :D