War And Christianity.

Christian ethics require me as a husband to protect my wife and my children as weaker vessels. This includes the use of deadly force. The Christian ethic also includes obedience to the governing authorities which includes defense of the wives and children of my countrymen. Unless the governing authorities are actively violating the Laws of God, war is perfectly justified biblically.

Christian ethics require me as a husband to protect my wife and my children as weaker vessels. This includes the use of deadly force. The Christian ethic also includes obedience to the governing authorities which includes defense of the wives and children of my countrymen. Unless the governing authorities are actively violating the Laws of God, war is perfectly justified biblically.

Indeed. But what about when the governing authorities are violating the Laws of God as they so often do? Remember, this is more of a question about the waging, the activity, and the response to war, and less of those who are called by their authorities to obey.

Indeed. But what about when the governing authorities are violating the Laws of God as they so often do? Remember, this is more of a question about the waging, the activity, and the response to war, and less of those who are called by their authorities to obey.

Then obviously killing would be wrong.
Going into Iraq was right, going into afgan satan
(Haha auto spelled by iPhone) was also right. Staying may not be the best strategy because of the muslim's hatred for Christianity. But going in and depleting their ability to start trouble is not violating the Law of Christ.

Then obviously killing would be wrong.
Going into Iraq was right, going into afgan satan
(Haha auto spelled by iPhone) was also right. Staying may not be the best strategy because of the muslim's hatred for Christianity. But going in and depleting their ability to start trouble is not violating the Law of Christ.

?

Haha, no--I knew you meant Afghanistan. I don't mean to be facetious, but the US didn't enter into a war with Iraq because Iraqis didn't like Christians. The US government went in (bypassing Congressional authority) out of fear of WMDs. It turns out that this was flawed, and though Rumsfeld said that this would only be about a few weeks, it expanded into a 9-year-war for what they said was a means to spread democracy.

Iraq seemed to be a war that undermined Christian ethics as it disobeyed Constitutional authority, it undermined the Just War theory, and it undermined the family through financial burdens and unnecessary deaths on both sides. We're currently beginning to see this again with Syria unfortunately.

I disagree. Sadaam Hussien crawling out of his rat hole... Priceless. Props to the US military for taking him down. Satan double crosses these tyrants and I enjoy seeing that happen to them. Kadaffi and now Syria it never pays to side with the Devil.

I disagree. Sadaam Hussien crawling out of his rat hole... Priceless. Props to the US military for taking him down. Satan double crosses these tyrants and I enjoy seeing that happen to them. Kadaffi and now Syria it never pays to side with the Devil.

You disagree with what? That we went there unconstitutionally, that we didn't find WMDs even after it was admitted that they weren't there, or that war undermines the family?

Libya and Syria have serious issues. They governments are pushing tyranny on the people and the rebels fighting back are also pushing tyranny on the those innocently caught in the middle. But this is a matter that we ought not be involved in because when we get involved, we waste tax dollars which promote domestic poverty. Worse, we have been aiding the enemies with arms, and then we decide to fight them.

This makes no sense. And it undermines Christian ethics if peace and family are to be taken seriously.

God sent the US military in.

How do you figure that? Even when it was done bypassing Congressional authority? This seems to be one of the core things that disrupted Christian practice as it was disregarding proper procedure in a very important way. And that's only one part of why it was flawed.

Either we have a Constitution or we don't. And if we do, one would think that recognizing it's place is to not be discarded by anyone.

Why do you say God sent the US military into Iraq?

According to scripture the world is under the authority of the Fourth Beast of Daniel's vision, we live under the gentile empire. This gentile kingdom began with Rome, split into two which is represented by the east/west access of power. Just as God used the Babylonians, Persians, Greeks and Romans, He uses the powers of the Gentiles including the USA to execute His will.

According to scripture the world is under the authority of the Fourth Beast of Daniel's vision, we live under the gentile empire. This gentile kingdom began with Rome, split into two which is represented by the east/west access of power. Just as God used the Babylonians, Persians, Greeks and Romans, He uses the powers of the Gentiles including the USA to execute His will.

Friend, you are twisting scripture in order to justify a lack of prudence and justice.

God used the allies to crush the nazis

The case for WWII was that the Nazi regime was in the process of conquering multiple countries and creating a genocide. And of course our entrance into WWII brought on by Pearl Harbor which was another attack.

WWII and Iraq is like comparing apples to oranges. One was us responding to an attack and the other was us attacking--and unConstitutionally.

Even if we had a dictatorship, this wouldn't mean Christian ethics and morality goes out the window.

Oh really? I'll need lots of Bible verses for you to prove THAT concept for me.

Let's see....Nazi Germany was Gentile. Imperial Japan was too. Communist Russia was Gentile. Franco's Fascist Spain was Gentile and practicing Christians!!!

It's sad to think that those who want to play cop to the world would mangle the Word to justify His backing to their national intrests.

Well, I see in the Bible that God allows evil to reach a certain level like Nineveh for example. God allowed Sodom to survive despite their wickedness. In my view Sadam Hussien and the Taliban, and other ruling parties are given forbearance until they reach a certain point of no return. Once that line has been crossed God uses other nations to deliver judgment for their evil deeds.

Well, I see in the Bible that God allows evil to reach a certain level like Nineveh for example. God allowed Sodom to survive despite their wickedness. In my view Sadam Hussien and the Taliban, and other ruling parties are given forbearance until they reach a certain point of no return. Once that line has been crossed God uses other nations to deliver judgment for their evil deeds.

How is this different from the position of Westboro Baptist Church?

we went there unconstitutionally

I think you're mistaken on this. I'm no Constitutional Lawyer, but there is plenty of precedent that authorizes the President of the United States, as the Commander in Chief of the U.S. Military, to order troops to action without congressional approval. The first time this was done was in 1801 by President Thomas Jefferson when he ordered the newly established U.S. Navy to Libya to fight the Barbary Pirates.

But if there are any Constitutional Scholars lurking, they need to fact-check me.

it was done bypassing Congressional authority

This one, I know you're mistaken on. Congress passed a joint resolution in October of 2002 that authorized military action in Iraq.

Back