1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Wanting to grow in faith for the wrong reasons

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by LaylaRose, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Good Morning! I am a 21 year old living in the great Midwest. I am a born and raised Catholic Christian but would not consider myself practicing. I lost touch with my faith but have this desire to become a better Christian. The only issue is that I feel I might be doing this only for my future husband. I have very high standards and Christian morals and desire a man who respects and shares similar morals. Is it bad that I want a deeper faith because of my future husband? Needing some advice. Thank you!!
  2. Not at all. In finding said husband with strong faith and in becoming as one, surely his faith will work to strengthen and direct yours, as your lack there of will only work to motivate and still strengthen his.

However, I honestly believe that matrimony should be based on an enduring and passionate type of love. An unconditional sort. If that isn't present between the two of you, then perhaps that isn't a thing that would last forever.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
    Cturtle likes this.
  3. Welcome to the forum. Please take a moment and read the Community Rules. :)

To answer your question, seeking God, you'll find Him. But if you want effective change to your life, you need to have a relationship with Him.

Matthew 7:7 (KJV)
    Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: ​

2404, Fish Catcher Jim and Cturtle says Amen and like this.