Walking with Jesus

"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." ~ I John 1:5-7​

I love walking with my Lord Jesus each day, listening to him speak his words to my heart, and following him wherever he leads me. He truly has become my dearest friend. I love how he talks to me even when I am not formally addressing him in prayer. He knows what I am thinking and oftentimes he will answer me before I even voice my request to him. I will hear a song or a scripture in my mind and realize that he is already talking to me about what I was thinking.

There is nothing more wonderful than walking in his love, in his grace, in his righteousness and holiness, and in obedience to his commands. To know that I am in the center of his will, and that I am doing exactly what he has called me to do, brings such peace and joy to my heart. As well, to know that he is using me in the lives of others, even ones I do not know and cannot see, to bring them his words, and to know that his words are blessing and ministering to their hearts, brings me much joy.

Walking with Jesus / An Original Work / May 4, 2011

When you walk with Jesus only,
And you spend your days with Him,
He becomes your dearest friend,
And your desire’s to be with Him.

Sitting with him at his table,
As He breaks the bread with you,
Oh, what sweet and blessed communion,
As He comes and sups with you.

Living for Him, oh, what glory,
Walking daily in His truth;
Leading others to adore Him