If you ever want to know what it truly means to be saved and to be in Christ, and whether or not repentance and obedience to Christ are really required by God for salvation, then read the book of 1 John. He pulls no punches. He tells it like it is. He does not soft peddle the gospel one iota. He’s not concerned about stepping on toes or offending people. He is concerned about people’s salvation, and that so many who think they know Christ really don’t know him at all, and that many will hear the words “I never knew you” on the day they come before God.

So, if you truly want to be sure of your salvation and to be confident that you do know him, then humbly bow before him in repentance (turning away from sin) and choose to walk in obedience to his commands from this day forward. Do not follow the ways of the world, but come out from the world and be separate. Find out what God’s will is for your life, and do it. Remain daily in fellowship with him and in his word and allow his word to come alive in your heart and life. Continue in him. Persevere in the faith. Remain steadfast and not moved from the hope you have in Christ.

Walking in The Light / An Original Work / November 16, 2011
Based off 1 John 1-2

When I lift up my voice, and
Sing praise unto God,
I will fellowship with my
Lord and Savior, King.
In Him there is no darkness.
He is in the light of truth.
If we walk in His light,
From sin He purifies.

If we repent of our sins,
He’ll forgive us now,