Waiting

Psalm 27:14
Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I said, on the Lord!

I find waiting to be so DIFFICULT. There are times God directs your path elsewhere. You have absolutely no idea why. What you once did God tells you to wait. You patiently wait on the side lines - still being busy and about His business.

I learned yesterday through my devotional and studying God's Word.

We are excited for God to work on our lives - we sometimes forget he knows the big picture.

Our zeal, apart from His divine knowledge, can send us racing into the unknown, when ti is best to wait upon Him for gudiance.

God's direction - learning to walk by faith teaches us to stand firm while waiting for His direction.

Grow as believers, and the preparation necessary for God's next step on our lives [take place in the stillness of our hearts].

David believed strongthly, that waiting upon God was vital to walking in His ways.

In fact, twice in one verse, he implored us to wait - Psalm 27:14.

While we are anxious to tackle the next obstacle thrust in our path, God knowss that we need time to grow - time learning to trust in Him - in order to conquer that obstacle. As we dscover that our strength truly comes from God alone, we will wait patiently; for we understand that a deep faith in Him trusts that, with Him alone, we will succeed in walking victoriously by faith.

Lord, thank you for being there in the still, quiet places. Please calm my racing heart so that I may heave the patience to wait and hear your voice.

I've got all the patience in the world until I am angry.

Whilst I am not violent, I usually end up feeling out of control to an extent, like I will start complaining, or my thoughts get carried away with "what ifs" and then it causes anxiety. If I am not around christians who have a calming effect I can get depressed and loose hope.

So Yes, it's VITAL to not only have Patience but Faith too. ( and Love but thats a different thing)

I've got all the patience in the world until I am angry.

Whilst I am not violent, I usually end up feeling out of control to an extent, like I will start complaining, or my thoughts get carried away with "what ifs" and then it causes anxiety. If I am not around christians who have a calming effect I can get depressed and loose hope.

So Yes, it's VITAL to not only have Patience but Faith too. ( and Love but thats a different thing)
Yes absolutely đź’Ż

Hello TiC;

Thank you for sharing Waiting. What you share provided with Scriptures, patience and waiting takes form with different cultures and countries.

"Waiting" in the United States, Canada, England and many western countries receive instant gratification or quick results which can affect it's patience and waiting compared to countries like Central and South America, Asia, the Middle East, the Philippines, Africa and more.

God understands this but the Scriptures still apply to all.

God bless you, sister.

Back