Waiting

That is why I liked the NLT so much before. But for me, I have learned to understand the old English. I like it so much that I want to start taking and writing in it lol

Mr Juk,
You put a big smile on my face and made me laugh some what too. Once I started reading the KJV of the BIBLE I TOO wanted to talk and write that way and here it is 2015 and the android system just about goes nuts when you type this old english. :)

For me brother I found that reading the KJV is best BUT I also have learned that having several other versions around is very, very helpful as well. The Lord has shown me in the amplified and NLT etc, several times something and it made several other scriptures just click. So I would not fret much about the differences but just read them all...Hey when you get to the back of the book and this is in every one of them,,,,,,,,,,,We always win so read them all brother....

Have a great day!!
Jim

God told me a couple of weeks ago through an unrelated song that an intimate relationship with Him is not something that I can handle right now, but do not give up. I am still praying and reading His Word, but I have stopped worrying some. I just wanted to let you guys know. God bless :)

God giving His life as ransom for you should make you grasp the dead obvious and throw that song into the bin.

I think what you need is a session where you just sit and think about God. Trying to understand things from His position / vantage point.

You say in post # 13 that you want to know what God's presence feels like. What answer are you looking for exactly? What do you want of God? God is always there, He is God. So there are really just two options that I see.

1. Satisfy five senses....to feel a bubble of hot air above you or to be able to smell His smelly deodorant?
2. No senses but rather.....something like those warm fuzzy feelings we get when grasping the love our parents had for us when they changed our dirty diapers?

We all have an image of God in our minds. As we learn more about Him / better grasp who He is. That image is refined and our bodies experience many emotions that result in us just wanting to praise and worship Him. Nobody can say God feels hard like He has been working out at the gym. Nobody can say God's presence smells like a shampoo I use. All we can say is that God has given us a brain, emotions and senses. These all go mad in a good sense the more we grasp of Him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Juk
God giving His life as ransom for you should make you grasp the dead obvious and throw that song into the bin.

I think what you need is a session where you just sit and think about God. Trying to understand things from His position / vantage point.

You say in post # 13 that you want to know what God's presence feels like. What answer are you looking for exactly? What do you want of God? God is always there, He is God. So there are really just two options that I see.

1. Satisfy five senses....to feel a bubble of hot air above you or to be able to smell His smelly deodorant?
2. No senses but rather.....something like those warm fuzzy feelings we get when grasping the love our parents had for us when they changed our dirty diapers?

We all have an image of God in our minds. As we learn more about Him / better grasp who He is. That image is refined and our bodies experience many emotions that result in us just wanting to praise and worship Him. Nobody can say God feels hard like He has been working out at the gym. Nobody can say God's presence smells like a shampoo I use. All we can say is that God has given us a brain, emotions and senses. These all go mad in a good sense the more we grasp of Him.
Well, it is my dad's CD. But anyway, I just thought that God's presence felt like someone was always there next to you. But I'm not sure, of course. Does it feel any different for you?

Mr Juk,
You put a big smile on my face and made me laugh some what too. Once I started reading the KJV of the BIBLE I TOO wanted to talk and write that way and here it is 2015 and the android system just about goes nuts when you type this old english. :)

For me brother I found that reading the KJV is best BUT I also have learned that having several other versions around is very, very helpful as well. The Lord has shown me in the amplified and NLT etc, several times something and it made several other scriptures just click. So I would not fret much about the differences but just read them all...Hey when you get to the back of the book and this is in every one of them,,,,,,,,,,,We always win so read them all brother....

Have a great day!!
Jim
So I guess I will keep my NLT Bible. But I still want to use the KJV though.

Well, it is my dad's CD. But anyway, I just thought that God's presence felt like someone was always there next to you. But I'm not sure, of course. Does it feel any different for you?

Juk, it's not about what you can feel. It's about what you can know. We have the express assurance from God Himself that He will NEVER leave you or forsake you.

Deuteronomy 31:6
6 So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

Deuteronomy 31:8
8 Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

Psalm 118:6
6 The Lord is on my side;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?

Hebrews 13:5-6
5 Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said,

“I will never fail you.
I will never abandon you.”

6 So we can say with confidence,

“The Lord is my helper,
so I will have no fear.
What can mere people do to me?”

I recommend having at least two Bible translations which you can consult and compare.
I have three along with an app on my phone which has many; I find it fascinating comparing the translations, however that is a strange hobby of mine.

Juk, it's not about what you can feel. It's about what you can know. We have the express assurance from God Himself that He will NEVER leave you or forsake you.

Deuteronomy 31:6
6 So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

Deuteronomy 31:8
8 Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

Psalm 118:6
6 The Lord is on my side;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?

Hebrews 13:5-6
5 Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said,

“I will never fail you.
I will never abandon you.”

6 So we can say with confidence,

“The Lord is my helper,
so I will have no fear.
What can mere people do to me?”
So even if I cannot feel God's presence physically, I should diligently read His Word and pray? I thought that the Christian life was supposed to be like the John G. Lake experience, taking to God and being led by God everyday.

I recommend having at least two Bible translations which you can consult and compare.
I have three along with an app on my phone which has many; I find it fascinating comparing the translations, however that is a strange hobby of mine.
I have an NLT paper Bible and a KJV Bible on my phone, but I prefer the KJV.

I have an NLT paper Bible and a KJV Bible on my phone, but I prefer the KJV.
My personal study Bible is the NKJV, the language is more modern but retains the literal translation techniques.

So even if I cannot feel God's presence physically, I should diligently read His Word and pray? I thought that the Christian life was supposed to be like the John G. Lake experience, taking to God and being led by God everyday.

Well, if one is in communion with God regularly and walking by faith, one will feel His presence often, but it isn't about feeling God. It's about knowing God, and believing what He says.

Well, if one is in communion with God regularly and walking by faith, one will feel His presence often, but it isn't about feeling God. It's about knowing God, and believing what He says.
Jesus was right. The truth will set us free. I am trying to find answers but I am not finding peace.

Jesus was right. The truth will set us free. I am trying to find answers but I am not finding peace.
Juk, I am wondering why you say you don't have "peace". Peace is one of the fruits of the Spirit, so you should be very familiar with it. What if any Church are you connected with?

A righteous man's steps are lead by God. You carry your cross. You deny your flesh. You hate what is evil. God will then put you where He needs / wants you.

There is a universe of difference between being lead by God and making God follow our lead.

A righteous man's steps are lead by God. You carry your cross. You deny your flesh. You hate what is evil. God will then put you where He needs / wants you.

There is a universe of difference between being lead by God and making God follow our lead.
What does "carry your cross" mean?

Means to walk in the way Gods word tells us to Juk and to not allow our selves to get into the flesh or act in an unsaved way.
Walk in the spirit so you will not walk in the lust of the flesh....
Denying your flesh of doing things oposed to the word of God....

I hope that helps Mr Juk,
Have as great day my friend
Time for this one to go !!
Blessings
JIm

It is the duty God gives us. Its 'our cross'.

There are three instructions in Matt 16:24.

Matt 16:24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must 1. deny themselves and 2. take up their cross and 3. follow me''.

Example, a nun = no compensation or immediate family (deny yourself) + work at an orphange (carry cross) + be patient, loving and kind to those there (follow Him).

Means to walk in the way Gods word tells us to Juk and to not allow our selves to get into the flesh or act in an unsaved way.
Walk in the spirit so you will not walk in the lust of the flesh....
Denying your flesh of doing things oposed to the word of God....

I hope that helps Mr Juk,
Have as great day my friend
Time for this one to go !!
Blessings
JIm
Thank you! It's much simpler that I thought. That is what Christianity is all about.

Thank you! It's much simpler that I thought. That is what Christianity is all about.

No Broblem Mr. Juk,
People make it hard on them selves. Listen to what Jesus and the word of God says to do or live like. Strive to do so and seek God for His help and direction. Sometimes when God reveals His plan for us it comes a little bit here and there and we do not see the entire Picture. Thank God !! See God knows if He showed it all to us now then we as humans would try to head right there and simply foul things up big time.

So He reveals little bit here and there, just enough to keep you moving in a direction ( His direction) so He can Mold and Shape and Prepare us for His will and perfect plan for our lives. He some times zigs and zags us through life but there are reasons for this, ( His Reasons For His Purpose). The important thing and again this is how people make it harder then it should be. God wants to zig you and you see sometihing else and zag. Now He has to get you turned back around and back on His course. People tend to fight and slow things up and blame the devil and life and some times even think, hey its a good thing so it has to be of God.

All things that glitter Mr. Juk are not always GOOD for YOU. They may be good for some one else but some things simply do not belong in His plan for you. So when you feel God pulling you one way, just move with Him at His speed. Sometimes He moves you to a new thinking or a little higher understanding in an area of His word and your life and simply wants you to keep reading and studying in this area and seeking Him.

Best to not be so concerned with God using you before it is too late. God is ALL KNOWING and He knows your heart and knows He can use you but before this can happen He has to prepare you and train you or things won't quite go the way they should....Be at peace my brother and know you are far more ahead right where you are at your age thena lot of belivers twice your age..

Relax and go at it SLOW and DELIBERATE walking within His very word and ways.
I am very proud of you Mr.Juk,
Have a wonderful and blessed week
Jim

Back