waiting for heaven

Jesus is paradise,no matter where you are if your with Jesus you are with paradise.he asks his father who is God,that his followers would be with him.also he prays not for the world but his followers in the world.i guess that is my answer.:)

Actually Rick is right, we are inheriting the earth and not Heaven for a thousand years. It's best to read revelation.

I'm not sure what happens after the thousand years and the battle against the demons. Not sure where we're going.. but I know that our Father has something great planned for us!! :)

By the way Kingdom means government so Christ's government is being placed on the earth so that we may be ready for His coming and our job is to preach the Gospel (which means Good News) so the gospel of Christ is the good news that we can be saved, yay! :D
We will be getting the new jerusalem which is really big and has everythign for His children :). Praise the Lord for giving us the best things although His presence will suffice.

About the thief going to paradise with Jesus.
Let's not forget that early Greek and Hebrew scriptures did not have any punctuation so that sentence may actually be the following.
"I tell you today, you will be in Paradise with me."
Which means, Today I tell you, or On this day, right now, I am telling you that You WILL be (future tense) in paradise with me. Which means again that "I am telling you this now, you will be in paradise with me."
Catholics tend to use this verse a lot to prove to others that dead saints are alive rather than their spirit Sleeping in Heaven, so that they may continue their traditions of men and pray to the dead and to saints for intercession rather than directly to God through Christ Jesus our Lord.

In any case it does not matter if someone is mistaken about where we're going as long as we remain faithful to God in all our ways, we are surely saved.
God bless you all my brethren

i set a place for you,my father has many mansions,to be where i,am.make a new heaven and earth.God of the living.you will be able to go out and come in.i ,am the gate.my stance is we go up.:D

ramsey sounds like you work for the government,there is no government on this sorry earth which is Godly.:eek:

Well brother I Have said that the government is being placed on earth. being placed so that we may be Ready, which is the Holy Spirit of God which makes us ready for the coming of the kingdom of Christ to be born again of the Spirit and not of the flesh. So that He will reign on the New Earth and we that have kept His commandments and had faith in Him shall be heirs with Christ Jesus our Lord and truly be the sons of God.
“The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”

Brother do you honestly believe that Heaven is our reward right after Christ's coming ?
Then that would render the New jerusalem and the 1000 years on the New earth as false right ? Yet this is what the Bible states.
It's exactly right that we are getting a New earth and heaven (you have even said it using a verse from the Bible), but that heaven might not be the same heaven where God lives. I doubt the Kingdom of God will change for it is His home. but there are 3 heavens stated in the bible (read Paul's letters and you will understand) First is the atmosphere of the earth, second is the universe and all things therein, Third is the Heaven where God lives.
So I doubt that there will be a new Heaven since we have not even seen the Heaven that is now! so why get something that is new if we have not seen what currently exists when that something is not corrupted even! I doubt Where our Father lives is corrupted :)! Praise God!!
So the new earth and heaven could be simply the New earth that Revelation speaks about, where Christ will come and God will give Him the new Jerusalem which has been prepared like a bride. (someone correct me if I am wrong please :) )

I do hope you understand that we can't really get a new Heaven since we haven't experienced the Heaven that is now. And that is Where God lives I believe and He can change it anytime that He wishes. The new earth will be completely new and all memories shall be erased, all of our tears shall be no more, the LORD our God will be with us :) !!! Praise the Lord!

But after the 1000 years on the completely New Earth, I do not know where we're going!

and if I am wrong about everything then so be it ! as long as I'm with God and Christ and all of you my brothers and sisters I am happy !!!!!!! :)!

ps: I do work for the government in Canada haha :p but don't worry, I am not a part of them :p just temporarely for the summer :)

It's exactly right that we are getting a New earth and heaven (you have even said it using a verse from the Bible)

Why then would Jesus say that we are getting a new Earth? Would we need earth if we had the True Kingdom of Heaven where God resides?
Brother lol.... praise the Lord :)

Here brother, these are all the verses together
kevinquick.com/kkministries/books/reasoning/earth.html

It would be great if we could travel from Heaven to new Earth lol :p as spirits of course. haha. that would be nice. In any case what are your thoughts on these verses ?
Ignore to whom it is designated for, but just the verses are of importance.

Bear in mind that the "heaven" or "heavens" is either the atmosphere of the earth, or the universe. Unless it says Kingdom of Heaven or something that designates God's home.
God bless :)

sorry m8 i can,t get on them.but we are spirits,human form is for Gods pleasure.and human form is pleasureable.but there are many more places to visit,as long as you are in christ,other words being a good person.this place is lost.

Back