Wages Of Sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you think it did? Of course it has no end.

OK, what do you make of this?

KJV Leviticus 7:34 For the wave breast and the heave shoulder have I taken of the children of Israel from off the sacrifices of their peace offerings, and have given them unto Aaron the priest and unto his sons by a statute for ever from among the children of Israel. (Lev 7:34 KJV)

According to the English translators these sacrifices of the Mosaic Law will last forever. Jesus and Paul said the Law came to an end.

OK, what do you make of this?

KJV Leviticus 7:34 For the wave breast and the heave shoulder have I taken of the children of Israel from off the sacrifices of their peace offerings, and have given them unto Aaron the priest and unto his sons by a statute for ever from among the children of Israel. (Lev 7:34 KJV)

According to the English translators these sacrifices of the Mosaic Law will last forever. Jesus and Paul said the Law came to an end.

H5769
עלם עולם
‛ôlâm ‛ôlâm
o-lawm', o-lawm'
From H5956; properly concealed, that is, the vanishing point; generally time out of mind (past or future), that is, (practically) eternity; frequentative adverbially (especially with prepositional prefix) always: - always (-s), ancient (time), any more, continuance, eternal, (for, [n-]) ever (-lasting, -more, of old), lasting, long (time), (of) old (time), perpetual, at any time, (beginning of the) world (+ without end). Compare H5331, H5703.

"It is the permanent right of Aaron and his descendants to share in the peace offerings brought by the people of Israel."

The right of Aaron to share in the peace offerings of Israel is a shadow of what is real in God's forever Kingdom! Jesus Christ is our high priest, and we as His people, are also priests and kings and we also share in the peace of Israel---forever.

H5769
עלם עולם
‛ôlâm ‛ôlâm
o-lawm', o-lawm'
From H5956; properly concealed, that is, the vanishing point; generally time out of mind (past or future), that is, (practically) eternity; frequentative adverbially (especially with prepositional prefix) always: - always (-s), ancient (time), any more, continuance, eternal, (for, [n-]) ever (-lasting, -more, of old), lasting, long (time), (of) old (time), perpetual, at any time, (beginning of the) world (+ without end). Compare H5331, H5703.

"It is the permanent right of Aaron and his descendants to share in the peace offerings brought by the people of Israel."

The right of Aaron to share in the peace offerings of Israel is a shadow of what is real in God's forever Kingdom! Jesus Christ is our high priest, and we as His people, are also priests and kings and we also share in the peace of Israel---forever.

Not according to the English translators. According to them the Aaronic priesthood is forever. That would men there are two priesthoods. There is passage after passage in the OT like the one I posted. How can all of these ordinances be everlasting ordinances yet come to an end, I don't believe they can. So, do we believe what the Bible says or the dictionaries?

Not according to the English translators. According to them the Aaronic priesthood is forever. That would men there are two priesthoods. There is passage after passage in the OT like the one I posted. How can all of these ordinances be everlasting ordinances yet come to an end, I don't believe they can. So, do we believe what the Bible says or the dictionaries?

The Aaronic priesthood is a foreshadowing.

In the Millennium, there will be revived offerings and certain sacrifices, and I believe they will all be done as a memorial. They very well could continue in the Kingdom age forever.

It was a vision of the kingdom.

KJV Matthew 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
7 And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.
8 And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.
9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead. (Mat 17:1-9 KJV)

What do you consider reality, what you see with your physical eyes or what the Holy Spirit show by visions? This world is passing away and the lust there of. Reality is only found were things change not, which can not be seen with your physical eyes, but eyes of the heart.

How can one be fully two different things?
You seem to be unaware that Jesus had two natures. A human nature and a divine nature. It was through his divine nature that God father worked through. It was Jesus,s human nature that he was tempted to sin, as God can not be tempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back