1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Vista Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Discussion in 'Technology and Internet' started by Beloved, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Vista Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

We have Vista now and there are some features I don't like.

For example on my Desktop most all of my shortcuts register a large E
    instead of a personal Icon or Avatar:confused:Even CFS is a large E.

The second is having to register and put in a password for the 5 Identities I have. Is there anyway I can change this.:confused:

2. I can't help you with your questions, but I feel your pain.

I can't stand Vista and neither can hubby.

Did you recently buy your computer? I know that the new Windows software is coming out on October 22nd and most places where you buy computers, are offering a free upgrade when it comes out. You might want to check with where you purchased the computer if it was recently.

Blessings, Cheri

3. I think Micro$oft has a patch for the virus called Vista - they're calling in Windows 7.

4. Huh, I have Vista on my laptop and I like it better then XP. haven't had a single problem with it. :)

I don't know how to help with your "E" problem but I was thinking with the password part, when it asks to put in a password can you leave it blank so there is no password? Just tossing out ideas.

5. Interesting for me to know -- are you using licensed OS? Because what about Ukraine, people (and even companies) mostly use "pirate" versions of OS, MS Office etc.

6. I have vista on my laptop and have no problems at all...all my shortcuts are icons..have never seen the E thing.

There is a way to change it so that you do not need a password, though i would not recommend it..the passwords are to protect your computer..especially if you have multiple users.

7. You can right click a shortcut and go to properties - change icon - to change the icon. It sounds like you have website shortcuts on your desktop and the E is blue and represents a website to be opened in Internet Explorer.

You can also right click a shortcut and rename it. The name sometimes is more useful than the icon graphic.

8. i can't answer :[
    my vista laptop broke 4 times.
    vista was awesome in the beginning, but then it turned started randomly breaking. (i've only had it for 3 years!) i sincerely hope that you have better luck with this one!
    it's always a stress when my laptop breaks!

9. lol :D

10. I don't like windows OS never been a fan of them. I switched to linux long time ago.

I have few macs also.