1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Virtue: Faithful

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by Steve Amato, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Virtue: Faithful

2Ti 2:2 And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. As noted, it's difficult to find reliable people. And thus the ministry suffers, few being faithfully involved. Men should strive to be reliable and to be teachers, which is a sign of maturity, and an expected end. For "by this time you ought to be teachers" Heb 5:12b

The Lord commends the faitfulness of his servants. Mt 25:21 "His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’Fatihfulness, reliability is what is sought in a servant. Which would you prefer? A fancy car which works 50% of the time or a cheap ugly car which works reliably? Reliability goes hand in hand with usefulness, and as such the reliable will be entrusted with more.

Consider Paul who said, "I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service." 1Ti 1:12 Reliability can give one a good reputation even to one's enemies. 1Sa 29:6 So Achish called David and said to him, "As surely as the LORD lives, you have been reliable, and I would be pleased to have you serve with me in the army. From the day you came to me until now, I have found no fault in you, but the rulers don’t approve of you.

A fundamental way in which reliability is practiced is in keeping one's word. A faithful man is one who keeps his oath even when it hurts Ps 15:4

The faithful reliable man has an attitude of long-term perseverance. The unreliable are prone to get-rich-quick schemes as he is not reliable in the long term to hold on to a job. Thus afaithful man will be richly blessed, but one eager to get rich will not go unpunished. Pr 28:20

To help in the practice of faithfulness and reliability I would advise to avoid taking on non-essential responsibilities. And the more you have, the more resources you'll spend on maintenance and your interests will be divided."I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord."1Cor 7:35