1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Virtue: Diligence

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by Steve Amato, May 25, 2015.

1. Virtue: Diligence

The practice of the Christian faith is characterized by diligence.

Heb 6:10-12 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

Paul instructs Timothy, "Set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. ... Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress." 1Tim 4:12b-13,15

The diligent attain wisdom. Wisdom personified says,"I love those who love me, And those who seek me diligently will find me." Pr 8:17

Diligence has a spirit of zeal. We are to be "not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord" Rom 12:11
    Cturtle and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  2. Amen Brother for there is no excuse for spiritual laziness and then crying out to God why did you allow this or that. The word diligent is mighty powerful in His eyes.
    God Bless You

Abdicate likes this.