1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Virtue: Courageous

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by Steve Amato, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Virtue: Courageous

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong." 1Cor 16:13 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Josh 1:9

Saving faith is characteristically courageous, and it needs to be, seeing that the implications and applications of Biblical faith fly in the face of the world's practice and point of view, the world being hostile to it. Jesus said, "A servant is not greater than his master. If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you."John 15:20a A person doesn't really believe in Christ until he realizes and embraces the implications of the faith. "Christ is faithful as a son over God’s house. And we are his house,if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast." Heb 3:6"I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you——unless you believed in vain." 1Cor 15:1,2 Saving faith is a courageous faith.

"Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold." 2Cor 3:12

For the believer, courage invokes courage among the brethren. "Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly." Php 1:14 And courage communicates conviction. "Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved— and that by God." Php 1:27,28

Courage is a consequence of having fellowship with Jesus. For"when they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus." Acts 4:13