1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Vice: Pleasure Seeking

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by Steve Amato, May 27, 2015.

1. Vice: Pleasure Seeking

Pleasure seeking comes natural to our flesh. It is characteristic of the world. "People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited,lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God" 2Tim 3:2-4 If one does not set limits and exercise self-control it can take over one's life and turn one from the love of God.

Now "At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures."Titus 3:3 But "those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires." Ga 5:24

We should beware of excusing ourselves on the basis of being unemployed, disable or otherwise living under difficult circumstances. For "the widow who lives for pleasure is dead even while she lives."1Tim 5:6

Pleasure seeking gets in the way of living a frutiful Christian life. "The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature." Luke 8:14

It is not wise to always seek a good feeling. "The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of pleasure." Ec 7:4 Moses accepted the way of discipline over pleasure. "He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short time." Heb 11:25

Therefore do not fall in love with pleasure, you will prosper neither materially nor spiritually. "He who loves pleasure will become poor; whoever loves wine and oil will never be rich." Pr 21:17
  2. Whenever I am loving the Love (God) that loves me, I am in love. To me that is pleasure to my heart. Psalm 23:5 ... my cup runneth over.
    The pleasures sought from this world is a false-pleasure to satisfy my false-self, or ego.
    Mykuhl likes this.