Very worried

Discussion in 'New Members Welcome' started by Coveclemence, Dec 2, 2017.

1. This is where you have to trust that its completely been done. That as you asked, Father was faithful and did his part. It's not an intellectual understanding.... it's faith. Faith is trust. Trusting that God did what He said He would do.

When we are all first born again, our spirits are recreated. Made brand new by creation power, like in the garden of Eden. But that is where the total reconstruction has stopped, until we make the choice to erase the old ways and thoughts with The Word ... and the Truth of the Word takes the place of the old IF we make the choice to keep feeding it into our minds. It's not automatic and there are many things or behaviors that work like bleach and can take away what we have put in. Ie.. unforgiveness and bitterness and not walking in love or filling our minds with the trash/ways on tv instead of the Word.

Think of it this way... each Word of the Living Word we plant into our minds and hearts (inner man) will grow tall and strong as we continue to water the seeds/plants with the same Word that we have planted. Meaning reading the Bible over and over a lot.

The devil has assigned to each person an imp that will constantly whisper evil thoughts into our ear if we allow them to. Our job is to refuse to think the evil thoughts. For the biggest spiritual battle every person will face is in their mind.

God gave us the tools to get rid of the evil thoughts. The Holy Spirit spoke through the Apostle Paul and told us to cast down every imagination and everything that exalts itself against the knowledge of God. Taking into captivity every thought (refuse to think them) and make them obedient to Christ.

This means when those evil thoughts are bombarding our mind... it's our job to say no I'm not going to think that. In the past 2 days I have been quoting 2 Corinthians 10:5....
    2 Corinthians 10:5 (KJV)
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Because I made the mistake of trying to combat those ugly thoughts on my own. After quoting that verse out loud the voices have quieted. They have no choice but to bow their knee to the Power of the Word of God.

Now the devil is persistent, and will keep trying to get you to think evil thoughts... but as you quote the Word of God, instead of allowing those thoughts to stay in your mind, you will notice that they have gone.

And as you continue to fill your mind with The Words of the Bible... you will notice the change. But it does take work, and it takes persistence. It takes choosing The Words and ways of the Bible over what your mind or body desires. For we have to override what we have allowed in the past.

In your situation and life... you have allowed the enemy to whisper a lot of ungodly things into your mind for so long... it's very out of control (don't be upset/embarrassed.. for every person has done this in their life for certain periods of time.. some for all of their lives because they never choose to make Jesus their Lord. (Lord is quite different from Savior)

Up until maybe 2 years ago... did I finally understand that I needed to put this into practice. And just in the past 6 months or so, I've learned to make it an every day, every moment of every day, every thought practice. And still I get lazy or am learning more of the ungodly thoughts that I have held onto for 46 years... and am having to ...with the Lord's help... kick them out of my thinking.

But if I had not taken the first step... I would still be right where you are today. We have to start off small. Just having the knowledge of what is happening, and who is behind it... helps. But I still have to refuse to think the evil thoughts or allow the evil images that the enemy is trying to put into my mind.

Knowing and realizing that every Word I speak is a container... full of power to produce whatever I say, is also a huge breakthrough. But even now I'm not perfect in my words and make mistakes... but the more I put this all into practice... the easier it gets to get my thoughts and words to only be what God has already said.

bobinfaith and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  2. As Cturtle has said, you have to have faith and believe. Faith must be used in order for it to grow, mature, and become fruitful. That's where it all begins.. like she said, faith, belief, trust... As these are used & practiced they grow & strengthen. You begin in faith just the same as a baby learns to walk... As long as you are sincere in your heart, God knows it. And He does honor His promises... do not doubt that. Don't allow yourself to doubt Him! He loves you and wants the best for you. He loves you, and each of us.
    John 3:16
    God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life

We are all here to help, encourage, and pray for you.
    You have to allow yourself to grow and leave any and all doubts behind you. Feed your spirit with God's word... Don't choose to feed enemy by allowing doubt and fear to come between you & God.

Matthew 7:7-12 - Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
    Matthew 21:22 - And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
    Mark 11:24 - Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them]
    John 15:7 - If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
    Take care of yourself & God bless.

bobinfaith, Coveclemence, Cturtle and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  3. Without Christ you can not.
    However with Christ in you, now you can but you will most definitely have to do your part.
    Blessings

bobinfaith, AtomicSnowflake and Cturtle says Amen and like this.
  4. Coveclemence

Something to think about and remember is that the spiritual realm is very real... which I'm sure you very well know. And we cannot allow ourselves to think that just because we accept Christ that we will have no more problems. I thought that for to long. And I have since learned that there is a reason why The Father has given us His weapons of spiritual warfare, and told us all the things about fighting the good fight of faith. And all of the wys to fight. To endure hardness as a good soldier.

The devil hates us all. And He is a thief and a robber.. ready to steal, kill and destroy anyone who allows him to. We have to learn his tricks and the ways he attacks.... and fight for what God has told us is ours.

bobinfaith, Coveclemence and AtomicSnowflake says Amen and like this.
  5. Believe in all your heart and soul that God sent Jesus Christ to die and rise from the dead. To give us eternal life and to secure our place in heaven. And not just reading His word but also praying and fellowshipping with other believers at church. Praying for you!

bobinfaith and Coveclemence say Amen and like this.
  6. Yes, I got scared reading about the parable of the wheat and the tares. I never knew about that. I don’t want to be a Tare.

bobinfaith and chili say Amen and like this.
  7. You have genuinely accepted Christ as your Savior... you will never be a hard. The fact that you dont want to be and are worried about it, proves that.

bobinfaith, Fish Catcher Jim and Coveclemence says Amen and like this.
  8. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge:
    but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

(But this doesn't mean to be afraid of God...)
    ---------------------------
    (from, Jamieson, Faussett, & Brown Commentary).
    7. The fear of the Lord--the principle of true piety (compare Pro 2:5 14:26, 27Job 28:28 Psa 34:11 111:10 Act 9:31 ).
    beginning--first part, foundation.
    fools--the stupid and indifferent to God's character and government; hence the wicked.

bobinfaith, Cturtle, chili and 2 others say Amen and like this.
  9. Yes, I really do especially after reading the parable of the sower and the virgins. If I have thorns in my heart I just want god to break them down.

bobinfaith, chili, Fish Catcher Jim and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  10. Ya Coveclemence it IS the hardest thing to do for your self. I was in the same boat you were. I WAS afraid to let go of what I had. I thought I had it good aaahahahaha ya right. I felt Jesus knocking on my heart for a long time. I should have been dead at least 5x but Jesus was protecting me all this time. HE had a plan for me. So my last episode of near death I finally realized
    that I need to change my ways or die w/o God. That thought rite there scared the .... outta me. So when I finally accepted Jesus as my Lord and savior ...............OHHHHH the peace and love I felt made me extremely humble and I cried. I cried very hard out of acceptance to the Lord. My heart is no longer hardened . It's hard to write this cuz I can't see the keyboard hehe. However my heart IS protected by God. So to make a very long story short I have Jesus in my heart and HE IS my Lord and savior and I have never looked back. My life is wayyyyyyy better now than before. And I will be praying for you Coveclemence. Oh and a Merry Christmas to you my brother from another mother

bobinfaith, Cturtle and AtomicSnowflake says Amen and like this.
  11. Thank you. I felt doomed today as I Projected cursing god in my head. OCD issues I suppose. I just get tired of existing with my filthy vile thoughts. I need Christ to be with me always.

bobinfaith and chili say Amen and like this.
  12. Of course you do !!
    That's because God told us to cast down those thoughts and replace them with His Word.

That means you got to be getting His Word in you.
    Just reading here and there won't do you a hill a beans good for you Must be Speaking His Word and Doing His Word.

Scripture tells us that Jesus is Always with us as He will stick closer then a brother.
    Blessings
    FCJ

bobinfaith, Cturtle and chili says Amen and like this.
  13. Thanks fisher catch jim. I noticed at bible study this past Sunday, I felt like I didn’t belong or why Im i here , but then as the study went on and fellowshippig with others I felt this comfort . I was into what was being said during the study.

bobinfaith, Cturtle, chili and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  14. That's the enemy and some of those thoughts you cast down and replace with the Word of God which means Speaking Them and thinking on them and Not the enemies thoughts.

You are very welcome
    Blessings

bobinfaith, Cturtle, chili and 2 others say Amen and like this.
  15. If someone has been involved in anything to do with the occult..the enemy makes many efforts to discourage them from trusting in the power of God. Hopefully you renounced any of that when you accepted Christ. The enemy of our soul is a sore loser. He does try to regain lost ground by attacking, discouraging, lying, and providing circumstances to thwart you in your newfound spiritual growth and progress. Keep praying and renouncing anything you once had to do with the occult. Trust in the power of God to continue to release you. The Holy Spirit is greater than the unholy spirit.

bobinfaith, Cturtle and chili says Amen and like this.
  16. hehe what I was gonna say :) Stand strong in your new found faith. James 4:7 Therefore submit to God . Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

bobinfaith and Cturtle say Amen and like this.
  17. Was it hard for you to transition to this life in the beginning?

chili likes this.
  18. Greetings,
    It's only as hard as we make it.
    The hard part is making up our mind to make up our mind that we will simply Trust and Believe in God's Word and do things His way no matter how we feel or think or what it looks like.

God is not looking for perfection for He is already Perfect But God is looking for a Willing Heart to Be Willing to Trust Him So Much that you will do things His Way.

It's really that simple.
    Blessings
    FCJ

sandpiper, bobinfaith and Cturtle says Amen and like this.
  19. Thanks fisher catch jim, I felt I have made up my mind to follow his truth, but I hate this feeling that doesn’t want to. I feel I have been reading too much articles on the internet and not enough in the word.

bobinfaith, chili, Cturtle and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  20. Hi Coveclemence ,
    Lol I do believe that you answered your own question very well.

Let His Truth found in His Word guide you and if He wants you to read something on the net, well He will leed you there.

The flesh will fight against you but Remember the one you Feed the Most will be the one with More Authority and Power in your life.

Feed the flesh and reap from the flesh
    Feed the Spirit and reap from the Spirit.
    It's really a No Brainer.
    You just have to make up your mind on which way you desire to go and stick to it.

The hardest part about walking is taking the first step.
    Blessings
    FCJ

bobinfaith, chili, Cturtle and 1 other person say Amen and like this.