Very odd

To whom it may concern:

I have a new Chromebook and with it, I purchased a secondary keyboard which I affectionately refer to as the "beast".
It's exactly like those huge keyboards that would come with desk top computers. It's a wonderful thing and even keeps up
with my very fast typing. However, I think I must have pressed something and I have no idea what it would be.

When I shift my number 2 key instead of getting @ ... I get " and when I shift the ' key I get the @ so somehow
these two keys have their wires crossed. Never seen anything like this before. It seems to be the only thing affected.

Was just wondering if there is an explanation for this switch up. I must have pressed something and I have no idea what.

Attachments

• IMG_20231104_112741.jpg
    IMG_20231104_112741.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 3
Good morning, In Awe of Him;

Keyboards are not supposed to be complicated as you are inquiring. If you don't get a solution here then I would contact the company's support service. It could be a defective 2/@ key on the board.

God bless
you, sister.

Keyboards are not supposed to be complicated as you are inquiring. If you don't get a solution here then I would contact the company's support service. It could be a defective 2/@ key on the board.
I don't think my keyboard is complicated. I am tending to think I pressed a button that set something in motion. I have used the @ button off the number 2 up until today. I think the problem is that I do not know my keyboard. HA. I can live with this... I just have to remember the switch up. HA.

My first guess would be that somehow the keyboard setting on your computer is defaulting to a different layout. I don't know every layout, but I know the "shifted" keys are different in some countries, and perhaps your computer thinks you are using a keyboard from one of those territories.

Back