Very Concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.
That - "Do you realize that Israel has the agenda of taking the land from its neighbors?" Is so laughable that only on a faceless forum can it be typed with straight face. Gaza was given to Palestinians after Israel had won it in a war forced on them by their muslim enemies. They won Jerusalem and let Islam keep the holiest Jewish spot for peace - the Dome of the Rock. And look what happens? Tunnel digging on their borders and bombing. And re-look up your definition of Jew. Non-practicing Jews and Jews who had converted to Christianity were still burned in ovens in Nazi Germany. Whether practicing or secular - they are persecuted, hated without reason, and slain. Take a number and get in line.

That - "Do you realize that Israel has the agenda of taking the land from its neighbors?" Is so laughable that only on a faceless forum can it be typed with straight face. Gaza was given to Palestinians after Israel had won it in a war forced on them by their muslim enemies. They won Jerusalem and let Islam keep the holiest Jewish spot for peace - the Dome of the Rock. And look what happens? Tunnel digging on their borders and bombing. And re-look up your definition of Jew. Non-practicing Jews and Jews who had converted to Christianity were still burned in ovens in Nazi Germany. Whether practicing or secular - they are persecuted, hated without reason, and slain. Take a number and get in line.

In the civilized world world, land isn't given to someone just because they won a war. Israel has no legal right to Gaza.

Israel wants more land, and you want them to have more land. So, why do you call my statement laughable when you agree with it?

This topic isn't about nazi germany, nor what the nazis defined a Jew to be. What do Jews define a Jew to be?

If Israel were interested in rebuilding the Temple, they'd tear down the Dome of the Rock. They don't share your theology.

So, you think the Palestinians hate Israel without reason? Now, that's laughable.

What civilized world are you talking about? Israel is NOT looking to annex other lands - unless you mean none of the land is their's? I'm not going to bother going over Israel's history since 1948. They have only engaged in wars that have been forced on them and won against unbelievable odds. I think the Palestinians lost the first war when Britain left and left them with arms and none for the Israeli's. Whether you or the Palestinians like it - the UN resolved the land as the Israelis. I think the Palestinians are typical Muslims. When they are weaker than their enemies, they make treaties they don't keep.

In the civilized world world, land isn't given to someone just because they won a war. Israel has no legal right to Gaza.

Israel wants more land, and you want them to have more land. So, why do you call my statement laughable when you agree with it?

This topic isn't about nazi germany, nor what the nazis defined a Jew to be. What do Jews define a Jew to be?

If Israel were interested in rebuilding the Temple, they'd tear down the Dome of the Rock. They don't share your theology.

So, you think the Palestinians hate Israel without reason? Now, that's laughable.

Well all I can say, is if Mexico ever tried to take California back, we would all be laughing, including Mexico.

They have only engaged in wars that have been forced on them and won against unbelievable odds.

Propaganda.

the UN resolved the land as the Israelis. I think the Palestinians are typical Muslims. When they are weaker than their enemies, they make treaties they don't keep.

The Bible teaches us to obey those in authority over us. The UN is the authority over Israel, and indeed, the legal source for Israel's existence in the first place. The UN has not resolved the land to Israel but still holds that Israel is an occupier in violation of international law.

So... What do you do with
Ezekiel Ch. 20 - that God will Forsake Israel, THEN regather Unfaithful Israel and THEN He will restore her faithfulness?
Jeremiah Ch. 3 - Same... Faithless Israel will be forsaken, then regathered, THEN restored to faith.....
The whole book of Hosea... Same...
Deuteronomy 32?

So... I saw lots of quotes from Romans.. But you missed a few... Why the omission?
Romans 11:1-2...
"I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says....."

Rom 11:7
Rom 11:11
Rom 11:15
Rom 11:16 - If the Firstfruit is Holy - then the lump is also Holy....
This is CLEARLY a reference that if Jesus is Holy (The firstfruit) - so is Israel....

How about Acts 15:11 - Peter declares that the Jews will be saved (in the future) in the SAME way as Gentiles - by Faith in Jesus....

and Zechariah 12:9-10 - That the Lord will save the Jews in Israel - and they will look upon him who they pierced...

God declared Israel to be his SON (Ex 4:22)....

Fast forward to Revelation 7 - where 144,000 JEWS are the only ones sealed through the tribulation..... Notice that it specifically calls out ethnic Jews with a known, verifiable TRIBAL identity....

If you are a Gentile - you are not an Ethnic Jew with a tribal identity by birth....

Many people see the current Faithless Israel in the Land... and this BOTHERS people A LOT.... They see Legal prostitution, drug use, all sorts of Violence, and un-biblical practices... and are turned off....
They see current, "Religious" Jews living in a religion bound by Works of the Flesh where they knowingly DODGE the Scriptures and we mistake the curse of "Blindness" pronounced by Jesus (Ref Matt 13) for "Forsaken" Forever.....

Please realize that the current Faithless Israel returned to the land was PROPHESIED almost 3,000 years ago! Notice the marvelous hand of God at work!

This is key.... That if the God of Israel is Faithful to keep his promises to Ethnic Jews - EVEN through 2,000 years of Captivity, Exile, and abject unfaithfulness - then he can be trusted to keep his promises to US - Gentiles grafted in.....

Thanks

Last edited:
Fast forward to Revelation 7 - where 144,000 JEWS are the only ones sealed through the tribulation..... Notice that it specifically calls out ethnic Jews with a known, verifiable TRIBAL identity....

DNA tests shows that we're all mixed. We're all ethnic Jews as much as anyone else.

Many people see the current Faithless Israel in the Land... and this BOTHERS people A LOT....

Who does faithless Israel bother a lot? Many Christian groups that support Israel seem unconcerned about being Christian faith to the Jews. Every evangelical "Christian" group that leads tours in Israel refuses to evangelize in Israel.

Please realize that the current Faithless Israel returned to the land as PROPHESIED almost 3,000 years ago! Notice the marvelous hand of God at work!

God took away their land because they were faithless. Why would he return it to them when they're still faithless?

Oh, Barnabas. You seem to not be able to grasp Scripture. Sometimes, I wonder if you are teasing us, just trying to stir the pot, or what. May Adonai, the Holy One of Israel, the Mighty Warrior, reach your apparently sleeping soul with Truth.

DNA tests shows that we're all mixed. We're all ethnic Jews as much as anyone else.

Not really.. There are plenty of white papers out there... They can identify "Jews" by specific markers... which means they are not common to everyone...

God took away their land because they were faithless. Why would he return it to them when they're still faithless?

I suppose you could read Ezekiel 20, Jeremiah 3, and Hosea and find out....

What bothers me about Israel is the Billions the US gives them each year. It's mind staggering.
Hmm the numbers I've seen in their historical, political, and economic context don't seem so staggering. The billions are mostly military grants that apply only if they spend the money at Lockheed Martin or Boeing. There was perhaps some genuine concern for Israel...but also there is the obvious strategic value in finding a way to funnel money into our primary contractors, thus strengthening military R&D while simultaneously building a gigantic air force tied to the US and within striking distance of Russia during the cold war (and later Iran and other military concerns) and all of this in bills that get labelled as aid expenditure to a country that is popular for religious reasons to one party and ancestral reasons to the other, rather than defense expenditure.

Outside of the loans that funnel business to our own defense contractors, there is comparatively little cash offered without strings attached (20 times more is given to Palestinian governing bodies). We're just really not that selfless in our support. There are a lot of players involved here. If what the US considers threat in that side of the world depreciated, or we were less certain of Israel's support of US military concerns I suspect those military loans would drop drastically....but for that to happen someone would still have to overcome the combined might of lobbyists from both major political parties, Boeing and LHM, as well as Jewish interest groups...which seems unlikely in this decade.

(None of this is meant to be taking sides in the discussion of the identity of modern day Israel that seems to be going on here. I'm just trying to call out the messy politics as I see them)

Not really.. There are plenty of white papers out there... They can identify "Jews" by specific markers... which means they are not common to everyone...

They can identify a DNA chromosome sequence most commonly found in European Jews and Arabs. This DNA doesn't mix, so it doesn't reflect a person's full ancestry.

I suppose you could read ; ; and Hosea and find out....

Ezekiel 20 was fulfilled in 539 BC, when Judah was restored. Not everything in the Old Testament is about the 20th/21st century.

Ezekiel says the faithless won't be allowed back: "I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel."

Some seem to want it both ways -the UN did resolve and they didn't. Hmmm. As for propaganda? I just watched on CNN a "fair" depiction of events by both sides. Gaza: a bomb killed a 12 yr.old and a "grandfather" and showed a big shrapnel hole in a car and asked the viewer to imagine it in a small child. Nevermind Hamas hides behind these people and these people let them or even whether the Israeli's are responsible for the damage. Israel: An Israeli soldier died and his family tho grief stricken (but not crying) say the Hamas has to be finished. (they don't bother reporting that Hamas' mission statement is to eliminate all of Israel and Jews.). Fair? Propaganda? The US has spent 3 trillion and American lives all so ISIS can take over Iraq. Billions have been spent of US $$$ on Muslims (1.5 billion to Eygpt's - according to Fox News -Muslim Brotherhood PM alone).

Thomas Ice said, a few days ago, " I believe people who hate Jews, hate God." Fox News has reported an extreme rise in anti-semitism. They said that in France 50,000 Jews have left France because of the fear for their safety. I say this hate comes from Satan.

Thomas Ice said, a few days ago, " I believe people who hate Jews, hate God."

I don't believe Israel has a biblical, legal, or moral right to occupy the Gaza strip, but my explanation don't matter? If I don't support the occupation, I must hate Jews. And, if I hate Jews, I must hate God.

I said just now that one who leans on inflammatory rhetoric is probably in the wrong.

I don't believe Israel has a biblical, legal, or moral right to occupy the Gaza strip, but my explanation don't matter? If I don't support the occupation, I must hate Jews. And, if I hate Jews, I must hate God.

I said just now that one who leans on inflammatory rhetoric is probably in the wrong.

Funny - I don't recall saying Barnabas hates anyone. You do make a good case of ifs against yourself, tho.

Maybe because they were given the harshest laws mankind has ever seen? It was a blessing and a curse to be the chosen race. They have been surrounded by enemies from day 1. Nothing new today.

Btw, you are sounding like a Jewish bigot in the line I quoted. Why the chip on your shoulder?

Obviously this is a touchy subject. Please keep the peace by speaking your peace, choose to acknowledge the beliefs of others or not, and move on. Everyone on earth is subject to the sins of others and no one but Jesus is perfect. Israel is a secular nation in government standards, but Benjamin Netanyahu holds weekly bible studies and his son is the world winner of the bible knowledge competition (or something like that). I'll guarantee you that they're having the same discussions we are on this forum. There are a lot of strong beliefs and when the facts are clearly presented, Israel stands alone. Israel vs. The World. War is ugly and if anyone studied WWII the USA carpet bombed cities to oblivion to demoralize the enemy. Israel is showing incredible restraint. I mean, who warns the enemy what they’re about to do? I do not believe that Israel is rejected by God for eternity, but for a time. I agree with @Major, this verse is talking about Israel:

Romans 11:1......
"I say the, hath God cast away his people? GOD FORBID!!! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham of the tribe of Benjamin".

Read my signature… it’s why God went to the Gentiles, to provoke them to jealousy and because they didn’t have faith. But Israel will be saved in a day – that’s not the “church” who is already saved. Then you have to 144,000 male virgin Jews, 12k from each tribe – the church doesn’t do tribes – who are sealed by God in the Tribulation. There, I’ve said my peace… moving on :D :ROFLMAO:

Benjamin Netanyahu holds weekly bible studies

Millions of Muslims also have bible studies. Their religion is still false and none of this justifies occupation of Gaza.

Israel is showing incredible restraint. I mean, who warns the enemy what they’re about to do?

Dropping leaflets has been a common wartime strategy since the airplane was invented. It's good PR and it helps demoralize the enemy. And, I don't think killing over a thousand Palestinians in response to the murder of the three Israeli teens constitutes incredible restraint, especially given that Hamas hasn't been linked to the murders. You want me to give Israel credit for not committing genocide. Sorry, I won't do that.

"I say the, hath God cast away his people? GOD FORBID!!! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham of the tribe of Benjamin".

God has not cast away his people. But, those not faithful to God are not his people, even those Israelis who are members of the tribe of Benjamin, which is none of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back