vegan or vegetarian biblical?

Discussion in 'Requests for Assistance' started by christiangirl7, Aug 16, 2015.

1. I have found that our goverment is full of meat heads ( no pun intended ) We are the only country that allows the goverment to mess with our food.

With this said I will add that over time all the junk we allow to be placed in our food - while it is still alive and after it is prepared for consuption builds up toxins and other such poisons that alters our entire being. We got to be fools to allow ANY ONE to monkey with our food.

In Gods word He has shown us how to grow our food and harvest it and how to feed the land.
    This all gets ignored and chemicals are added to the ground to cause it to continue to grow food. Sad part is they can only treat one area of many at a time and it tends to be what causes it to grow bigger and nothing for the nourishing parts.

God Bless
    Jim

christiangirl7 and Brother_Mike_V say Amen and like this.
  2. Well-too much of anything can be bad for you.....

It doesn't help that the majority of our current 'meat' supply has been tampered with by injecting hormones, antibiotics, GMO's, chemicals, etc....

Some of this is necessary to combat the effects of the curse on the world; but I think most of it is just one more means of power & control over the general population.

christiangirl7 likes this.
  3. Firstly, God said that meat consumption is good for us.
    Secondly, I am heartily sick of all the advice that so called experts have handed out over the last 40 or so years. They have changed and reversed their advice so many times that I consider them to be mostly charlatans with another agenda going on.
    Take the notion that "fat makes you fat". That lie has been sold since the early 60s, and finally they are now admitting that it isn't actually true. Carbs do more damage than fat.
    The prime cause is the food industry, they make trillions$ out of low fat foods sold to silly people. I could go further but do the research.

4. Jim, I have to challenge you here.

Our UK government does an even worse job of interfering and obfuscating about food that yours does. We are the world record holders, we invented the Welfare State, or nanny state, and now look at the basket case called UK plc. The nation has been infantilised by decades of "We know best" government.
    Although he is doing his best, Obama still has some catching up to do in the race to the bottom.

5. To be fair, just because pagans did something does not mean we are not allowed to. For example, some people HAVE to be a vegetarian or vegan due to their body's immune system drops too much when eating meat.

6. I think that our perfect diet is the one we knew about in the Garden of Eden - plants and no animals. I also think it's REALLY important to remember that in Jesus' time, there were no factory farms which are horrific for the environment and incredibly cruel to animals.

7. Know thy food groups.
    It is mostly lack of exercise that kills people in our affluent West. People eat way too much and don't work it off enough.
    Laugh out loud when driving home down Marion Road one comes to a T intersection with Sir Donald Bradman Drive,
    and there across the way is a double story 24 hour fitness gym business. Full of people who pay good money to walk on treadmills,
    ride stationary bikes, light weights, buy expensive high protein supplements. And you've got to have the right brandname clothing.
    Can't help but laugh. How times have changed. People used to work hard and do much more manual labour in the "old days."
    Mind you though we all have broken bodies, arthritis and hip replacements as a consequence.

Some diets are better than others. The Mediterranean Diet, much lamb, kid goat, olive oil, legumes, tomatoes, salads... is one of the
    famous healthy diets that is promoted these days.
    Jesus would have eaten lamb and goat. But pretty much with legumes > lentils, chic peas, beans. This is important because legumes contain
    an active food ingredient that helps to absorb the benefits of flesh protein much better and also counteracts the cholesterol problem of saturated fats.
    Full cream dairy in milk, cheese and yoghurt is now considered much healthier for one. God knows what he has made for our bodies.
    Many nutritionists are returning to the basics of older traditional diets enjoyed by our earlier generations who enjoyed vegetables, potatoes, rice,
    offal, oats, semolina, etc. Different diets for different climates.

Legumes > lentils, chic peas, all the beans are incredibly healthy. Rich in minerals and vitamins plus fibre !!! Don't forget your fibre.
    Toast and baked beans = complete protein / amino acids missing in the bread are in the beans; what's missing in the beans is in the bread.
    Boiled eggs are healthy and have good cholesterol. Yes that's right good cholesterol. See it's complicated.

Acts 10:10 And he [Peter] became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
    10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners,
    and let down to the earth:
    10:12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
    10:13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
    10:14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
    10:15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Cturtle and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  8. Beans are supposed to be sprouted first before consumption. No gas. :)
    I CANNOT get along without meat and feel good.
    Then I read some girl feels sooooo much better giving get up meat.
    Go figure.
    If one is following God, they will live until God says, your work on earth is done. Case closed. :D
    I eat organic vegetables, bread eggs, milk. But meat I let slidea a lot because I don't want to pay so much for it and grass fed roasts are horrible tasting to me and the smell of them cooking in the oven is horrifying.

9. Be thankful if you have the choice of what to eat.

On Saturday, it's 'take-out' day at my house. It's the day I generally chose not to cook. On my way to the 'Burger House of Lard', I passed a man who was sleeping on the pavement/sidewalk. He was shivering and only had a raggy old blanket to keep him warm. It's February in the UK and it's cold. When I placed my order, I made it 3 x regular 1/4lb-ers with all the salad and relish (the salad makes me feel less guilty about feeding my family junk). Plus 1 x 1/2 lb-er with cheese and ketchup (lots of meat to feed a person) + fries. I gave the last order to the guy on the street, who was really grateful. I told him he was very welcome. When I got home, I got moans and groans because there was salad/onions in the burgers!

Be veggie, be vegan, eat meat. Just be grateful.

From Pieces To Peace, Cturtle and Fish Catcher Jim says Amen and like this.
  10. Amen !!
    Brings to mind an old song lyric
    You never know what you have until it gone.

When I moved to michigan I saw a guy shivering and had old clothes and was heading behind a gas station to sleep.

I was unloading the uhaul at a storage place and he asked if he could have some cardboard to sleep on. As I was looking around he said I will buy it from you.

I thought no way. I gave him several big coated special racing signs I had as a collectible. Theses things were like a queen size bed.

Grabbed 2 of my new coats from Christmas and some blankets that I was saving from my grandfather.

As I go to hand them over the fence the man was very great full and pulled out a stack of cash that would choke a horse..Must have been hundreds there.

I refused and gave him the stuff and went back to unloading.

That messed with my head for awhile.
    Blessings
    FCJ

Cturtle likes this.
  11. FCJ, I'm not surprised that messed with your head. What was a guy with so much cash, doing wanting something to sleep on? I suppose we'll never know. I know 'my guy' is a drunk. I saw him staggering around about a month ago in a terrible state. But, as I said to my youngest son, I was a drunk too, once. No I didn't drink meths from a paper bag, or sleep on a park bench, but I had a problem. And it doesn't matter how you dress it up, Chardonnay or Special Brew, a drunk is a drunk. And just because someone is a drunk, it doesn't make them any less human.

I think your guy with the money is messing with my head now too!

12. The more I think about it. This took place about 8 years ago, any way I saw him begging money on the busy intersection and then bought some beer and took it behind the gas station to drink.
    Refused the shelter because they would not let him drink.

Over the next few years Cturtle and myself got to work with and help a bunch of homeless guys around here.

Even got them bibles and devotions along with tons of food, clothes and blankets etc.

Hung out with them a few times and meant a man from Ireland who also was helping them.

We laughed some, because we heard complaints some times that the underware was not the kind they liked or the food was not spicy enough or how they found reasons to not help out when building them a shelter.

They were thankful and yet refused to take care of what you gave them and did not respect other people's property which always brought the law down on them.

Strange times we live in.
    Blessings

Cturtle likes this.
  13. #33 Annie, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2017
    I won't give 'my guy' money, because I'm sure he'll spend it on booze etc.

People are strange. Another great music lyric (by The Doors).

14. It's great that you blessed him with food though. Great alternative!
    Maybe someone will give him a sleeping bag or another heavier blanket to help keep him warm :)

Fish Catcher Jim likes this.
  15. Somebody did!:)

16. I read that vegans cannot survive without supplements because this diet provides zero of the vitamin b12.

17. How ya doing Wwinnie. Praying your day is going well! Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance!

Fish Catcher Jim likes this.
  18. I will Amen that!

Cturtle likes this.
  19. Amen!!! :)

Fish Catcher Jim and Cturtle say Amen and like this.
  20. Can we get a big amen up in here tonight

amen.gif

Cturtle likes this.