1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

vegan or vegetarian biblical?

Discussion in 'Requests for Assistance' started by christiangirl7, Aug 16, 2015.

1. I am very confused about the topic of so many people saying vegetarianism or veganism is healthier when the bible says all foods are given to us. But if I am missing something in the bible on this, please share. Thank you.
  2. *[[Col 2:16-23/KJV]]* Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God. Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (Touch not; taste not; handle not; Which all are to perish with the using; ) after the commandments and doctrines of men? Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
    ThomasA, Ravindran and christiangirl7 says Amen and like this.
  3. You should know that many of the roots behind the drive towards vegetarian and particularly vegan diet is paganism and earth worship.
    Just look at many of the web sites covering these issues and you will see the pagan and idolatrous dogmas that it is inherently wrong to kill any living thing for whatever purpose.
    I suspect that this belief is based on the occult notion that all life is one, and that we are all linked spiritually to all animal life.
    Euphemia and christiangirl7 say Amen and like this.
  4. Welcome to CFS christiangirl7,

Please take a few moment to read the information within the following links.

Welcome Pack - click here

Getting started at CFS - click here

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any staff member who would be happy to help.
    christiangirl7 likes this.
  5. Jesus ate meat. Nuff said.
  6. He did?
  7. Simple answer: do what is right for you body....

Most people (including myself) don't.

Most food on the planet is tainted, re-engineered and lacking in minerals; so eat in way that keeps your body the 'temple of the Lord'.

I 'don't think that anyone can prove or disprove sin for being a 'vegetarian' from the Bible. You could always check out a book called 'The Maker's Diet': but beware, use the discernment of the Holy Spirit.
  8. He ate the Passover meal. It traditionally has lamb or goat.
  9. Thank you for the clarification ...!
  10. "vegetarian biblical?"

I wonder about that also: since Paul discussed about it, those who eat vegetables only must have a scriptural basis....

browsing, seems this can be a scriptural basis:

Genesis 1:29-30New King James Version (NKJV)
    29 And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. 30 Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so.

although after the flood , permission was given to man....

Genesis 9:1-3New King James Version (NKJV)
    9 So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them: “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth.a]'>[a] 2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand. 3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs.
  11. Although I need to add an opinion : )

In Romans 14
    Paul seems to say “those who eat” is of more “Liberty” than those who “eat not”….

And there is a discussion on “Judge not”…
    And I think a more in depth discussion will be “Insist not” : )

considering "fully persuaded" for the sake of being “One Mind” that BOTH do for and give thanks to God….

"He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks."
  12. Thank you all for the food for thought, pun intended. It is difficult to balance the info from the world, which includes scientific studies, with the real truth. There is a lot of evidence that dairy and meat hurt out health, and to me, that doesnt make sense if God intended for all things to be eaten.
  13. I think as it was pointed out earlier: before the flood there was a very different Earth, closer to Eden.

After the flood; God opened the door for mankind to have an additional food supply because the environmental conditions changed.

Think about the original sacrifice: (Genesis 3:21) How devastating was it for Adam & Eve to watch the animals be killed; how horrific-they had never seen such things. And then have to wear the skins? Reminded everyday of their sin and the cost? And then to watch weeds come up and choke the good fruit of the land? And Adam having to now WORK for food? And Eve being grieved in childbearing?

We have gotten used to such things.

Back to my point: We live on a broken earth. God knew he was going to break it. Certain animals were prepared for consumption at Creation. The curse, as well as mankind's manipulation has affected our food supply since the fall in the Garden. Human bodies have been degrading from their original design since the fall. 'SCIENCE' even agrees that DNA and the genome code came from a single original source (group of people or in our case a pair of people).

Time has distorted our gene pool; multiple scientific studies have confirmed, the more a 'race' interbreeds; the more it loses variation in the 'codes'.

Think about that; it's the opposite of 'evolution' but yet science proves it. And racism has no place in Christianity because God designed DNA to be distributed-not isolated....

Anyway; as our bodies are flawed living on a flawed earth with flawed food supplies. You have to find the right combination for your body....
    Euphemia and christiangirl7 say Amen and like this.
  14. Thank you, Brother Mike, that is very helpful:)
    Brother_Mike_V likes this.
  15. Glad to be of service! :)
  17. I think Abdicate has provided the most appropriate Bible verse for this question.. If someone wants to be vegetarian, let him be.. If someone wants to eat all kind of meat, let him be!

It is funny when someone claims that they are vegetarian because it is healthy.. Actually they should introspect on what kind of vegetarian diet they are eating.. Veggie burger is not healthier compared to beef burger!! Most of them pretty much don't eat proper vegetables, take lot of junk food and so on. Veg or non-veg is not about eating healthy or not. Someone can eat health food in either case.

I have an unique taste.. I don't eat chicken.. I just don't like the taste.. I eat egg, goat (common in India) and little fish.. I generally prefer home made Indian style goat only. And it should be cooked in a particular fashion :) So for outside world I am pretty much vegan..
  18. I have a friend who is a "vegetarian".
    In the past she regularly cooked for me, good roast pork, lamb, beef etc. She would eat the vegetables which were cooked in the meat fat alongside the roast. When I queried her vegetarianism, she said she just didn't like meat. She regularly ate chicken though and when I queried it, she said. "I hate chickens, they are nasty things and aren't really animals, so its ok to eat them." Lol.

I had to love her for it because there was no hint of the usual superiority complex that vegetarians seem to have. She just ate things she liked, even if she called chicken a vegetable!
    Fish Catcher Jim and Ravindran say Amen and like this.
  19. I am also often in dilemma. My wife and my daughter love meat. They eat everything! So when they cook chicken at home, I am odd man out.. I have to just go by whatever I get :)
  20. How do you all feel, though, about a lot of studies linking meat consumption to cardiovascular and other health risks?