unity

My dad has bees.
🐝
Today I went to his house and he showed me all of the honey he had gotten from the hives. He took the lid off of a 5 gallon bucket full of honey and on top of the honey there were 3 little bees, struggling. They were covered in sticky honey and drowning. I asked him if we could help them and he said he was sure they wouldn't survive. Casualties of honey collection I suppose.
I asked him again if we could at least get them out and kill them quickly, after all he was the one who taught me to put a suffering animal (or bug) out of its misery. He finally conceded and scooped the bees out of the bucket. He put them in an empty Chobani yogurt container and put the plastic container outside.
Because he had disrupted the hive with the earlier honey
🍯
collection, there were bees flying all over outside.
We put the 3 little bees in the container on a bench and left them to their fate. My dad called me out a little while later to show me what was happening. These three little bees were surrounded by all of their sisters (all of the bees are females) and they were cleaning the sticky nearly dead bees, helping them to get all of the honey off of their bodies. We came back a short time later and there was only one little bee left in the container. She was still being tended to by her sisters.
When it was time for me to leave we checked one last time and all three of the bees had been cleaned off enough to fly away and the container was empty.
Those three little bees lived because they were surrounded by family and friends who would not give up on them, family and friends who refused to let them drown in their own stickiness and resolved to help until the last little bee could be set free.
Bee Sisters. Bee Peers. Bee Teammates.
❣️

We could all learn a thing or two from these bees.
🐝
🐝
🐝

Bee kind always.
I did not write this, but love it.
-Wendy-

i got this off facebook it has a lesson for the Body of Christ

Aw.
I often hear people comment on those drowning and say well they should just swim instead of throwing them a life line. Like the previously mentioned baby boomers telling young people to 'get a job' 'get an education' 'go to college' when they can't.

Young people are taught by baby boomers to be selfish and compete with each other to 'get ahead' instead of cooperate. But some young people are not buying into this mindset...although many join gangs because they need some sort of family around them. I think youth groups are good for young people although I think sometimes they fail to outreach to other young people who aren't in church but need God.

Jesus had the original youth group when he asked 12 young men to join him. These men were fishermen so their work was seasonal. They had little education. They'd never been to college. And they might have worked hard but seen little of their catch.

Aw.
I often hear people comment on those drowning and say well they should just swim instead of throwing them a life line. Like the previously mentioned baby boomers telling young people to 'get a job' 'get an education' 'go to college' when they can't.

Young people are taught by baby boomers to be selfish and compete with each other to 'get ahead' instead of cooperate. But some young people are not buying into this mindset...although many join gangs because they need some sort of family around them. I think youth groups are good for young people although I think sometimes they fail to outreach to other young people who aren't in church but need God.

Jesus had the original youth group when he asked 12 young men to join him. These men were fishermen so their work was seasonal. They had little education. They'd never been to college. And they might have worked hard but seen little of their catch.
You might have your generations mixed up. It was our generation (baby boomers) that was saying in the ‘60’s, “Tune in, turn on, drop out” all the while our parents generation was saying, “Get a job, cut your hair, work hard, etc.”.
Maybe it’s all a matter of growing up.

nice story. but, well, for one, bees dont sin.

if someone continually resorted to abusing me, I wouldn't be willing to stay around and help them to death do us part.. there is a time and a place for everything under the sun, and we cannot continue to put ourselves in danger if "our other little bees" wont play fair, or continue to break promises.

this sounds kinda harsh, but what does the bible say? should we really put ourselves in danger?

You might have your generations mixed up. It was our generation (baby boomers) that was saying in the ‘60’s, “Tune in, turn on, drop out” all the while our parents generation was saying, “Get a job, cut your hair, work hard, etc.”.
Maybe it’s all a matter of growing up.
was it.
anyone born after 1945 is a boomer apparently, up until 1960s or thereabouts. Post world war 2, there was a 'baby boom'. The generation after that was X.

X was named after Douglas Coupland's novel, Generation X. It was about a lost generation of offspring from the Boomers. Materially rich, but emotionally impoverished.

nice story. but, well, for one, bees dont sin.

if someone continually resorted to abusing me, I wouldn't be willing to stay around and help them to death do us part.. there is a time and a place for everything under the sun, and we cannot continue to put ourselves in danger if "our other little bees" wont play fair, or continue to break promises.

this sounds kinda harsh, but what does the bible say? should we really put ourselves in danger?
I don't think the bees were abusing each other, it was actually the human who wanted the honey that got them in that situation --- probably encouraging them to produce too much honey.

Again thank you forgiven61

This was a sweet story on how when ppl seemingly have little or no hope and everyone is ready to give up hope( the beekeeper), there is still some of hope and faith that say........lets try this or that ( lets pray and love) and maybe our effort will encourage them.
This unity of helping ,hoping and holding one another up is what saves the babes in Christ.

Our maturity in the word ,our feverent prayer life, and our continuous showing of love makes the babes desire to move from the milk to the meat of the word.

Let's not be like the world for they choose to let the weaker among them die. Lets us remember we once were of the darkness,of the unbelieving,away from God,diobedient,unthankful ,but because of His GRACE we are NOW grafted into the vine,made partakers of His blessings,love and continued mercy!

was it.
anyone born after 1945 is a boomer apparently, up until 1960s or thereabouts. Post world war 2, there was a 'baby boom'.
Yes it was. I was a boomer (b.1948) and had gotten caught up in the drug culture of the '60's (hippies/yippies). Having had first hand experience of that generation IMHO, you have a mix up in descriptions of the baby boomers. Gen X is another story/another time.

Yes it was. I was a boomer (b.1948) and had gotten caught up in the drug culture of the '60's (hippies/yippies). Having had first hand experience of that generation IMHO, you have a mix up in descriptions of the baby boomers. Gen X is another story/another time.
I think other people have mixed them up not me IMHO
Also, people seem to discount the offspring of THAT generation having to grow up with their influence as parents and the people that now have power, leadership etc.

Anyway. There has always been generation gaps and they won't understand each other. Everyone kind of assumes everything will always be the same for a strange reason. Because a boomer has now free access to drugs they then seem to think this somehow won't affect the next generation who grow up with it right in their house for example.

It was then found out that growing up breathing second hand smoke DOES affect children's lungs. Or drinking alcohol while pregnant actually DOES brain damage to a baby. But an ADD child or one with Autism can't tell you that something you did before they were even born has now affected their entire development. They are just too busy trying to survive and navigate this world.

Psalm133:
Behold, ( or look here) how GOOD and how PLEASANT it is for brethren to dwell TOGETHER IN UNITY.
It is like the precious ointment upon the head,,that ran down the beard,even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
As the dew of Hermon,and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there THE LORD COMMANDED THE BLESSING,EVEN LIFE FOR EVERMORE.

WOOOOOHOOOOO,makes me want to shout seeing this in the HS.!

Back