Unconditional Rejoicing

Unconditional Rejoicing

(MKJV) Habakkuk 3
17 Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls—

18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.

19 The LORD God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.

How easy can it be for us to have the temporal things around us like money issues, social problems, and physical problems (while none of these are fun to have) take us away from rejoicing in our God who has blessed us with every thing good in our lives; from the water we sip out of our cups, to the air we breath. Our relationship with God is priceless: There is no figure, no amount of money that can be placed on it. Even if our homes, our jobs, our money flow become a problem and the temporal things around us fail; Our God is with us and our relationship with him holds fast.

God will be our strength in the times of trouble. When disaster strikes God sustains His people with strength in the spirit, refreshment for the soul to keep us pressing forth.

Psalms 107:35) He turns the wilderness into a standing water, and dry ground into watersprings.

If God can make the wilderness turn into water, and cause water springs to spout from the barren ground that holds nothing, is bone dry, and is thirsty; How much more shall God more cause strength to be in his people to uphold them? As it is written, (Isaiah 40:29) "He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength." Again, (Psalms 103:5) "Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's." Glory be unto our God, who is our strength, who is established with everlasting power and dominion, who reigns forever, whose mercy endures forever. Amen, and again, amen.

Petition: Lord, may we always remember and keep in mind that no matter what storm may come into our lives, that may try to overwhelm us; that you are the strength of our life, our rock. May we stay rejoicing you, the God of our salvation. Make our feet like the feet of deer, that we would tread through the grounds of life overcoming the obstacles and hurdles their in; that our feet ship not clumsily into paths of unbelief, or doubt, or the ways of sinners (psalm 1:1). Thank you our God. We ask these things, in Jesus name, amen.

God didn't promise we won't have troubles... He promised He would carry us thru those troubles. We are not alone.

Amen Copper and Ginger . It is not always easy and satan would have us focus on our problems to take us away from rejoicing in the Lord . B ut we know also that God is bigger than all our problems and He will see us through , if we only place all at His feet

Psalm 40:16
But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "The LORD be exalted!"

Philippians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

http://www.christianforumsite.com/passage/?search=Philippians+4:3-5&version=NIV

I had mentioned this verse in Habakkuk on my thread the week of Thanksgiving. So many are complaining about their situations but we can always find something to thank God for. Counting our blessings gets our mind out of the negative mode back to having a thanksful heart. the children of Israel complained and murmured alot, and the Lord was not happy about that. When we begin to think about it there are more things that are good in our lives than bad.

I had mentioned this verse in Habakkuk on my thread the week of Thanksgiving. So many are complaining about their situations but we can always find something to thank God for. Counting our blessings gets our mind out of the negative mode back to having a thanksful heart. the children of Israel complained and murmured alot, and the Lord was not happy about that. When we begin to think about it there are more things that are good in our lives than bad.

Yes GodSpeaks that seems to be human nature to focus on our problems and complain . I can think of sometimes when I enter church with a spirit of heaviness , but start to praise Him and lift up my hands ( Even though I don't feel like it) that heavy spirt lifts and before you know those problems do not seem so important as I thought they were .

We serve a God who covets the praises of his people and when we praise and worship Him , the enemy has to flee. A thankful heart is not just at Thanksgiving but every day. Make a joyful noise unto the Lord and you will see how He responds to your problems.

Jesus praised our Heavenly Father .... How much more should we praise Him .

Ephesians 1:3
[ Spiritual Blessings in Christ ] Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

Back