Unconditional Love

Sorry, that does not refer to unconditional love. It simply states nothing and no one can take away what belongs to God. And of course this doesn't refer to all mankind, but only those who are in Christ:

Ro 8:1 Hence, now there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

*That's a condition.

God has placed many conditions on us. Jesus took the punishment for our sin and reopened the gates to heaven, but it is solely up to us to accept that free gift or reject it.

If three of us are sitting at a table in my dining and I pour a cup of coffee for each of us, then set it in front of each of us, can you receive the coffee unless you physically reach out and take it? If you don't pick it up and drink, you will not get any coffee.

And so it is with salvation. It has been set in front of us, but we don't have to accept it.

*That's another condition.

and yet another condition:
Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Sorry but that says there'e no condemnation for those who are in Christ. It doesn't say there is no love for those who are not. Because, if that were the case then God would never have sent Jesus to die for us sinners who were not yet in Christ. God does not place conditions on His love for us. He may put conditions on how we serve Him, but He does not put conditions on His love for us. He loves us past, present, and future.

The claim was those verses imply unconditional love. They do not. They speak only of those who are in Christ Jesus not being taken from him.

Of course God must care for/love everyone....He offers salvation even to those who hate Him, yet they refuse the gift. But unconditional love is not implied in those verses and the Bible mentions all kinds of conditions placed on human beings.

Here are a few verses that speak of God's love:

Proverbs 15:9

The way of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, But He loves him who follows righteousness.

Psalm 11:7

For the Lord is righteous, he loves justice; upright men will see his face.

Psalm 97:
The Lord loves the righteous

New Testament verses:

John 14:23-24 "If any one loves me," replied Jesus, "he will obey my teaching; and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who has no love for me does not obey my teaching; and yet the teaching to which you are listening is not mine, but is the teaching of the Father who sent me."

John 8:31-32 ...Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free,"

John 3:36 "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."
Luke 13:3 Jesus said,"...If you do not repent, then you will all perish..."
space.gif

Back