Unanswered Prayers

To All:

I will not be caught up in the "if this" or "why that" anymore. It's going to be different for each person based on THEIR faith. I do not add to the word of God nor hide what it plainly says. It's one's own choice to believe and each has to work out their own salvation this way. I can only speak for myself. What you may or may not understand about what I wrote last night is that it was happening to me as I wrote it. When I said, "this verse reminds me of..." that what happened right then and there. So, as such, I'm sticking to the word of God, not trying to theologize any longer the why this or why that - those questions are really only disbelief, nothing more. I know because I'm the one who started the "why then" question.

Because of last night's writing and learning anew, I slept so good last night for the first time in a many MANY nights. And I had a dream. I won't spell it all out, but in the dream I had my wallet stolen and my phone, but for the life of me I couldn't understand when it happened let alone how it happened. As I went into a diner to call the cops, I heard the Lord ask "Do you believe I can fix this?" I didn't answer, but by not answering, I knew it was the same as saying "no" but I didn't utter anything. Right then a guy walked in with my wallet and phone and said it was a test of my street smarts by the company I work for. I was so happy I got my stuff back that I hugged the guy. Then I woke up and praised the Lord for His grace! First for not letting my doubt keep me from His blessing and second for fixing my problem in a miraculous way. Praise God for His truth!

All day I've been thinking about Heb 11:1. Like it or not, believe it or not, we Christians exist here and in the spirit realm. The Kingdom of God is with us and the Kingdom of Heaven contains our resources. These resources are there for the taking. Here's an example: Jesus clearly stated that He had no power, John 5:19, that it is was all the Father's doing through the Holy Spirit, Luke 4:1, 4:14. When Jesus was preaching and the people were hungry, He thanked God for the food He had and by it fed 4000 once and 5000 another time with just a few fish and loaves of bread. So much so that they ate all THEY wanted and the disciples gathered up baskets full of leftover bread. That's super-abounding grace. He thanks the Father for the resources He needed. When He needed money, he sent Peter to go and get it out of the mouth of a fish. His first recorded miracle was turning water into wine - it wasn't His first because Mary commanded the servants to listen to Jesus and do as He said. She had already been a recipient of God's power through Jesus. Smith Wigglesworth once said "When the Spirit isn't moving, move the Spirit." What he was saying was, doing something bold in faith and let the Holy Spirit work it out. How can you get strong in faith if you don't exercise the invisible resources around us. God make the universe, you don't think He can fix your problem? He's already said so, therefore, claim it, speak it, declare it, until you believe it - hoping to hope as Abraham did! That's what I'm going to do!

So these promises in the scriptures, what do you do with them? Do you accept the unseen (Kingdom of Heaven resources) or do you theologize away the pain of inaction "by God"? What do you do with the Lord's words?

Mark 16:17-18 (KJV)
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

I intend to find out for myself! I'm no longer going to gloss over them or dismiss them because they don't "fit" my theology. If the U.S. Government can identify the tongues of Agnes Ozman spoken in the Spirit as a real non-earthly language and her that she spoke perfect Chinese and Harvard verified Wigglesworth's resurrections, how can I not believe the word of God and His promises for my own life?! God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, only men change, and I'm changing my mind - aka repenting. :D
Brother Ab, keep us updated on your breakthrough. It is very encouraging to hear about the great things the Lord does in our lives. Seek them and ye shall find. May God bless you in a big way.

Two days ago the Lord impressed upon me to pray. I did not know what to pray for, so I started praying in the Spirit for about 20 minutes. After praying I sensed that something was going to happen to either my mother, or father in law in which my wife and I take care of as they are in their mid 80's. The very next day my father in law rolled off his bead, and could not get back up. We went to him and could not get him to answer us, or move half of his body. We called 911 and the paramedics came to our house. After checking him out they thought he just had a "stroke", and they decided to have him transported by helicopter to a Hospital down the hill from where we live. Loma Linda University Hospital is where they took him, which is about 50 miles from us. We called all our family, and calmly drove down to where he was. We knew strokes a lot of times wind up the person dying, depending on how bad it is. My family are all Christians and believe that God is always in control no matter how bad things look.
When we got to the Hospital, the doctor there told us that "Dan", my father in law, had just suffered a "major catastrophic stroke" Half of his brain had no blood flow to it for over two hours. It only takes 15 minutes of no blood flow to cause irreversible brain damage. The doctor said because Dan had a "pace maker" they could not do a MRI which would show them any hemorrhaging in his brain. Things looked very very bad, and doctor said, there was not much he could do. There were only two options. One would just let life take its course and let him die, the other was to do a procedure that only this Hospital could do that might give him a chance, but was very risky. We decided to let the doctor do what he thought was best. The procedure took over two hours to perform, and when completed the doctor came out and showed us on his "cell phone" images of a "CT" scan they had taken before, and after this procedure. The first CT scan showed no blood flow at all covering half of his brain. The other images showed us the "blood clog" he had removed, and how after finding a spot in his vein in his brain that was clogged, and reopened. The last imaged show blood once again flowing where there was none before.
The doctor was unsure of what the outcome would be, and said Dan will most likely be in the "trauma ICU" unit for a few weeks, most likely unconscious.
That same day at 8:20pm we went in to see him, and he was awake. He was very conscience and was able to move parts of his body that was paralyzed.
We were able to talk to him, and he understood what we were saying, by nodding his head.
The next day, when we got there he was sitting up on the side of his bead. We were shocked!!! He even was able to stand up and walk around and speak to us.
All the nurses and doctors in the ICU unit where totally surprised that after less then 2 days, and having major brain surgery that he was able to do any of these things. The first words that came out of my father in law mouth was, "I want to go home"!!!
This is all beyond medical science. This just does not happen.
We are so blessed beyond all we could ever ask or think. Even being able to minister to those in the waiting room who had things nowhere near as bad as what my family was experiencing was a joy to behold, Seeing the peace, and joy that Jesus gives to those who serve him is unspeakable!

Wow! Praise God! May the Lord richly continue to bless you all! Thank you for sharing your testimony of God's goodness.

Read the whole book of Job at once. You'll see what's going on. Pay especial attention to Elihu's words. In the end, God asked Job if he was going to remain in his own righteousness or in God's. God told the devil Job was blameless because of the sacrificed blood, but according to the Law, the Prosecutor (the devil) has the right to exact punishment for sin if permitted. Job admits to his sin of not being at rest, peace, and in fear. Fear is the opposite of faith and anything not done in faith is sin, Rom 14:23, and he was so fearful, he sacrificed for his kids, just in case, Job 1:5. He even admits it.

Job 3:25-26 KJV
For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.
Then he falls in self-righteousness until Elihu shows him the errors of his ways and then God Himself speaks to him stating:

Job 40:8 KJV
Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?​

When did Job blame God?

Job 1:21 KJV
And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.​

So in the end Job repented:

Job 42:5-6 KJV
I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor [myself], and repent in dust and ashes.
Even Job cried out for judicial righteousness:

Job 16:21 KJV
O that one might plead for a man with God, as a man [pleadeth] for his neighbour!​

Little did he know, God already had a Plan to silent the Accuser.

What exactly is it that Job is repenting of?
Was Job guilty of this heinous crime at the outset of the story?
There are a couple things that Job did. He knew it was his own fear that brought about his problems. Job did not accuse God of letting this happen to him....at first. Then after his second affliction, Job begins a accuse God of causing his problems.

Elihu, who is the only person God did not accuse of speaking evil again him was talking to Job and Elihu said:

Job 33 8 "Surely you[Job] have spoken in my hearing, And I have heard the sound of your words, saying, 9 'I am pure, without transgression; I am innocent, and there is no iniquity in me. 10 Yet He finds occasions against me, He counts me as His enemy; 11 He puts my feet in the stocks, He watches all my paths.' 12 "Look, in this you are not righteous. I will answer you, For God is greater than man. 13 Why do you contend with Him? For He does not give an accounting of any of His words.

God never said he would do the things that Job said, yet Job goes, speaking his blind wisdom. This is why he sinned.

Job did not know the back story, he didn't see Satan go to God and ask to test Job's faith. Job assumes God did it. He was wrong. Satan did it by his own accord. God would not punish Job if he was innocence. But Satan would.
Elihu again speaks to Job.

Job 34 34 "Men of understanding say to me, Wise men who listen to me: 35 'Job speaks without knowledge, His words are without wisdom.' 36 Oh, that Job were tried to the utmost, Because his answers are like those of wicked men! 37 For he adds rebellion to his sin; He claps his hands among us, And multiplies his words against God."Job 34 10 " Therefore listen to me, you men of understanding: Far be it from God to do wickedness, And from the Almighty to commit iniquity. 11 For He repays man according to his work, And makes man to find a reward according to his way. 12 Surely God will never do wickedly, Nor will the Almighty pervert justice.

Elihu is saying "Job, God didn't do this to you, yet you say he is."

Even God thought so.

Job 38 1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said: 2 "Who is this who darkens counsel By words without knowledge? 3 Now prepare yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer Me. 4 " Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?\ Tell Me, if you have understanding. 5 Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it?

Elihu said Job was contending with God. God thought he was doing that too...

Job 40 1 LORD answered Job, and said:
Job 40 2 "Shall the one who contends with the Almighty correct Him? He who rebukes God, let him answer it."

Elihu rebuked Job for calling himself more righteous than God? God said that too....

Job 40 6 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said: 7 "Now prepare yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer Me: 8 " Would you indeed annul My judgment? Would you condemn Me that you may be justified?

Job's response back.

Job 42 1 Then Job answered the LORD and said: 2 "I know that You can do everything, And that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You. 3 You asked, 'Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?' Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know. 4 Listen, please, and let me speak; You said, 'I will question you, and you shall answer Me.' 5 "I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, But now my eye sees You. 6 Therefore I abhor myself, And repent in dust and ashes."

The point being.. Don't go telling people things about God that you don't understand. Job did that, he said God did some wicked thing that Satan did and in doing so put himself higher than God.
How many people start out believing the Lord, and then when things get really bad, begin to wonder why the Lord did not stop it, or why is God allowing these things to happen, when all along it was never God, but the Devil?

If Job did not sin, then why did he repent over something he did not do?

Job 42:5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
Job 42:6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.
WHEN did Job say that?
Before Satan approached God and said that Job only worshiped God because God protected him?
Or after?

God called Job "blameless and upright".
God did NOT associate Job's attacks with fear.
God did NOT call fear 'sin'.

This is ridiculous, CCW95A. How can you keep IGNORING what scripture ACTUALLY SAYS and insert words that are neither expressed nor implied?

WHEN did Job say that?
Before Satan approached God and said that Job only worshiped God because God protected him?
Or after?

God called Job "blameless and upright".
God did NOT associate Job's attacks with fear.
God did NOT call fear 'sin'.

This is ridiculous, CCW95A. How can you keep IGNORING what scripture ACTUALLY SAYS and insert words that are neither expressed nor implied?
Why not read all the Word of God? You can not take a single scripture and make a doctrine out of it.

Y'know, Job sacrificing on behalf of his sons reminds me somewhat of God the Father sacrificing His Son on our behalf.
I see no sin in Job, as a father sacrificing for his children.

Why not read all the Word of God? You can not take a single scripture and make a doctrine out of it.
I have. That's why I keep trying to get you to read the actual words. That "single scripture" is in context. Show me where, at any point before Job was struck by Satan, that he was charged by God with any wrongdoing.

You can't.

But context apparently doesn't matter to you.

No, but at the same time you can't read the last page and apply it to the first page.
The first page to the last page is the complete story. You can not have one without the other. God will only protect someone to a certain point. The only person who can make himself unprotected is the person God is protecting.

Ecc 10:8 He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.

Y'know, Job sacrificing on behalf of his sons reminds me somewhat of God the Father sacrificing His Son on our behalf.
I see no sin in Job, as a father sacrificing for his children.
Job did it out of fear. God sacrificed His Son out of Love. Big difference here

The first page to the last page is the complete story. You can not have one without the other. God will only protect someone to a certain point. The only person who can make himself unprotected is the person God is protecting.

Ecc 10:8 He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.
No, you cannot just take a verse after an event and plug it in before. This is a terrible way to interpret any text.

There are a couple things that Job did. He knew it was his own fear that brought about his problems. Job did not accuse God of letting this happen to him....at first. Then after his second affliction, Job begins a accuse God of causing his problems.
So, it develops that you see that at first when the Lord says that Job is 'blameless and upright'...he was. what might have happened later is another story.
When God created Adam was he also not blameless and upright?....OK it didn't last all that long, but he started out with nice shiny shoes.

Back