TV watchdog coalition preemptively protests Comedy Central development of Jesus carto

TV watchdog coalition preemptively protests Comedy Central development of Jesus carto

Conservative and religious groups that have long complained about the irreverent treatment of Christianity on Comedy Central have a new target: an animated series about Jesus Christ living in modern-day New York.

It’s unclear whether the show — one of 28 projects the network listed last month on its slate of potential programs for the coming season — will ever make it out of script development. But that hasn’t stopped a coalition of media watchdog groups from launching an effort to persuade advertisers to boycott the project, if it ever comes to fruition.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...on-series.html

The one thing about this is, from a religious or a non-religous viewpoint, I cannot see anyone, in my mind, who would enjoy watching a television show of this caliber on a rather overrated and dull 'comedy' network.

I do not think you have to be a Christian, necessairly, to see the lack of imagination in this. Why Jesus Christ? Why not make up some interesting dude - why take Jesus and put Him in the middle of this? What could possibly be so comedic about this? That evades me.

Back