Tuesday 6/10/14 Pastor Michael Sermon- The Five Fold Secret To Clearly Hearing God’s Voice!

Tuesday 6/10/14 Pastor Michael sermon- The Five Fold Secret To Clearly Hearing God’s Voice!

Do You Know the Five Voices? In every decision that you are called to make and in every situation that you are faced with, there is always going to be five different voices speaking to you:
  1. The voice of God
  2. The voice of your conscience All these voices are competing
  3. The voice of your reasoning-logic
  4. The voice of your flesh
  5. The voice of the devil
In most cases, each voice is going to lead you in the opposite direction of the voice of God. I Samuel 3:1-10 God called Samuel but Samuel did not have a relationship with God and did not know his voice. He thought it was Eli calling him. When we hear God, do not go to people but go to God and listen to him. When you know the Lord, you will know his voice because you have a relationship with him. If you do not have a relationship with God, you will go to folk that you think do and they may not be any better off then you! We are going to examine each of the five voices and we will start at the bottom, saving the best for last.

Voice of the Devil-- Psalm 55:1-3
When the devil speaks, there is a lack of peace and confusion. When he speaks, his voice comes to:
Deceive you (Rev 20:7-8) Cause you to rationalize sin (Isaiah 5:20)
Cause you to lie (I John 2:4) Discourage you (Numbers 32:6-10)
Blind your mind (II Cor 4:4) Cause you to curse God (Job 3=2:9)
Cause you to doubt God’s Word (Heb 3:12) Bring you fear (Mark 4:40)
If you hear: fear, confusion, torment, doubt, justification of sin, you do not have to pray about it or seek counseling. You are listening to the voice of the devil!

Voice of Your Flesh – Galatians 5:16-21
Your flesh has a voice! It speaks to you in a commanding sound pitch. It does not matter if you are an apostle, pastor CEO, Governor or average citizen. Your flesh speaks to you constantly. This is why we should eat spiritually three times a day. Read the Word and pray! You should never follow the voice of your flesh because it will always be negative. The fifth chapter of Galatians reveals the sound pitch of your flesh. You are listening to and being led by your flesh when you engage in:
  • Adultery
  • Fornication
  • Uncleanness-- homosexuality, pedophilia
  • Idolatry-worship sports & movie stars, money etc.
  • Witchcraft
  • Murder---to spoil others happiness, to kill
The voice of your flesh will NEVER inspire you to do the will of God. It will only talk you into committing adultery, fornication and listening to obscene music. You need to use the Word of God to bring your flesh into subjection. (I Cor. 9:27)

Voice of Your Reasoning – Acts 28:1-6
The Lord God has given us the ability to reason and to rationally consider all options whether blessings or curses. You can always tell when you are listening to the voice of reason because you will weigh the things you see and hear in the natural. If the answer in your mind contradict the will of God then you must abandon the voice of your reasoning. (Number 13:26-33)

Voice of Your Conscience – Acts 26:16
Your conscience is the place where you recognize the difference between what is right vs what is wrong. It is the place where you establish morals and values. There are four types of conscience:
  • A good conscience – I Tim 1:5 - You get convicted
  • A weak conscience—I Cor 8:7 – You don’t do what you say or believe
  • A seared conscience- I Tim 4:2 –You ignored it so long, nothing there
  • A evil conscience- Heb 10:22-- You give yourself to the devil
Only listen to the voice of your conscience if it is a good conscience. Otherwise, do not follow the voice.

Voice of God – I Samuel 3:1-10, John 10:1-5
You know you are hearing the voice of God when you hear these sounds:
  • Instruction in righteousness – (II Tim 3:16)
  • Convicts you of Sin (Roman 10:9-10)
  • Guides you into Truth (John 16:134)
  • Comforts you (John 14:16, Psalm 23:4)
  • Increases your Faith (Romans 10:17)
  • Causes you to Triumph in Life through Jesus Christ (II Cor 2:14)
  • Assures you of the Heavenly Father’s love toward you (I John3:1)
  • Leads you to salvation (Romans 10:9-10, II Tim 3:15)
Jesus said, “My sheep know my voice and a stranger they will not follow!”

AMEN

Back