1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Trump vs Clinton

Discussion in 'News and Articles' started by KingJ, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Why is it so close?

I have been watching many videos and reading many articles. I still do not understand why voters are still voting for Hillary? I do not live in America so I may be missing something obvious.

From what I have seen I don't think anyone can trump Trumps proposals / promises. Then the attempts by the others to keep face amidst Trumps slandering seems so silly. It is all clearly staged.

From all I have watched of Trump, it is literally only his insult to McCaine been captured that he needs to re-think / apologize for.

I think Trump will be good for the US. What are your thoughts?
  2. Nanny state condition... Hillary is the status quo and Trump appeals to those who are tired of the Nanny state. This is why he won't win...the oligarchy won't allow it. A controlled population has a powerful government. A free population has a small government. A Nanny state draws in the population via pure bribes - free housing, food stamps, free healthcare, all a complete lie to keep their thumb on the population. The only way out is a restoration of the old ways or a restart, which isn't good. And with 51.3% of the U.S. population getting some form of subsistence, Nanny state is here to stay until such time as it collapses or a reset.
    KingJ likes this.
  3. I'm not a Republican or Democrat, but out of all candidates I would say the most promising are, Bernie, Carson, and Fiorina. I liked Rand Paul, but felt he wasn't as strong in the last debate. Fiorina I feel did the best in the debate last night. Either way I'm still voting for the same person I voted for last time, which I'll be writing in Christ's name again on my ballot.
    Grant Melville likes this.
  4. I think that Churchill got it spot on when he said "The greatest argument against democracy is a 5 minute talk with the average voter"

American's have the luxury of picking from news station to hear what they want to hear. The news station tells them what they want to hear, and who to vote for. The book 1984 is frighteningly accurate in the downfall of a once prosperous society, and the American population is doing a marvelous job at burning their own country.

I think trump would be the second worst choice next to Clinton. I refuse to vote for a man who professes to be christian, then boasts about sleeping with the world's hottest women. I won't vote for anyone who is not a born again believer.

I'm personally shooting for Carson, and have been for a while. I disagree with some political issues, but the man is a bold, in your face Christian who relies on the direction of God. I'd take that over anyone.
    JG27_chili likes this.
  5. I think it would not be a bad idea to make voters take a test before voting.
    KingJ likes this.
  6. I don't want to agree, but I do. If our education system was solid, and common sense and manhood were still a common practice, I would be against a test. But as it stands, most highschool seniors (about 90%) cannot pass the citizenship test. Most people's political knowledge comes from Facebook, msnbc, fox and cnn.
    Where is the Messiah likes this.
  7. As an outsider, Australian, I see Trump as a bit bombastic and uncouth, not really presidential material, just rich with a big mouth, but maybe America is becoming like that,
    loud obnoxious so a nation gets what it wants, gay marriage, legal drugs, Donald trump.
  8. That's a good way to put it, although I do believe that decriminalizing drugs would be a benefit, but that's a different topic all together.

Trump is a businessman, he's the last thing America needs.
  9. Yes there is a good case for decriminalising drugs,
    .......it would push thousands of criminals out of jail for minor offenses, that would free up police and prison resources and budgets,
    .........make drugs very cheap as everyone would virtually grow/bake their own
    ......totally destroy the drug trade across the world and power of those that control it.
    As a negative,
    lots of people making their own dope would open the door to bad products so it would be best if macdonalds could distribute it in burgers and fries...ookay now i'm just being dumb.
  10. we already have a bad enough addiction to fast food, no need to make it worse :ROFLMAO:
  11. Lol. Trump is at least faithful to his current wife. His stand on abortion (wrong) and homosexuality (leave it to the courts) is good.

Carson is probably the best candidate agreed. I would say Trump is second.
  12. America needs someone like Trump though. Every other person apart from Carson and maybe Mccaine look and sound like terrible car salesman.
  13. Why do you say that? A good businessman is exactly what a country needs. A country has to be run like a business or else nobody gets to keep their jobs...which with crazy debt from bad deals is what is happening in the US.

I really think it is a no brainer to vote for Trump. I only support Carson because he is a Christian and has said he would like to work with Trump on some of his ideas / something like that.
  14. Does Trump want to legalize soft drugs?
  15. If he's a christian businessman, go for it, I agree. Trump is not, he runs business based on deceit, half truths, and charisma. If the other canidates are bad car salesman, he's just a good car salesman who still takes your money. Some of his economic plans are fine, but again, I'd take any guy who follows God over a faithless businessman.
    JG27_chili likes this.
  16. Carson is the most vocal Christian, not the only one. It is like he is playing that card to its max. Without it he is simply a good doctor. No offence to him but his idea for 10% tithe tax would probably have every accountant in the US stressing about their jobs / laughing at him.

He does deserve credit th0ugh for being the only Christian in the debates. In that recent Republican one everyone was tearing into each other. When he had his chance to tear into Trump he didnt take it. Instead he was very humble and gave Trump a free pass.
  17. I thought all of the Republican candidates considered themselves Christians. I think I saw recently even Trump was carrying around a Bible.
  18. Carson was the most Christ like in the debate.
  19. #19 AgeofKnowledge, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    It's sobering to me how many people and organizations rely on the government for money. I wrote a blog post for a political blog in 2013 in which I began adding it all up. Here's what I found:

I. As of January 2012, the U.S. Census Bureau announced that an astounding 49 percent of all Americans live in a home that receives some form of government benefits:

II. Now we add in all government workers that depend on government for their income. Total employment by industry (including federal, state, and local government employment) can be found at:

As of October 2012, the federal government employs about 2,807,000 people. State governments employ about 5,242,000 people. Local governments employ about 14,344,000 people. So we need to add another 22,393,000 Americans plus all of their dependents that rely on government.

III. Next is the money government puts into the private sector:

1. Alan Peters and Peter Fisher (Associate Professors, Graduate Program in Urban and Regional Planning, University of Iowa) estimate that state and local governments provide $40–50 billion annually for corporate welfare.

2. The Cato Institute studies show about $100 billion a year currently is allocated as corporate welfare by the federal government.

3. There are a material number of private sector businesses and self-employed individuals that profit off government contracts and many other ways besides the above.

When aggregate outflows are considered, the majority of the U.S. population presently depends on government for money either completely or partially.

The causes of that were disconcerting and manifold and include everything from the present U.S. trade paradigm, to the breakdown of the family, to the sweeping influence large for profit corporations now have on all three branches of government. Interestingly, both political parties share the blame for it (with the understanding that each is more culpable than the other per specific cause).

However; from a Christian perspective, even more interestingly than all of this are existing scholarly published studies that point to root causes few today even articulate which trend back even before examples from J.D. Unwin, Tonybee, Quigley, etc...

KingJ and Abdicate say Amen and like this.
  20. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that a record 94,610,000 people (ages 16 and over) were not in the labor force in September. . In other words they were neither employed nor had made specific efforts to find work in the prior four weeks. September’s participation rate dropped to 62.4 percent, matching the lowest level seen since October 1977. See BLS Table A-1. Employment status of the civilian population by sex and age: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t01.htm

The unemployment rate remained a low 5.1 percent primarily because so many Americans couldn't find work for so long that they've stopped looking and are no longer counted as unemployed.

Interestingly, "foreign-born" jobs numbers increased by 14,000 while those for "native-born" Americans sharply declined by 262,000. See BLS Table A-7. Employment status of the civilian population by nativity and sex, not seasonally adjusted: http://www.bls.gov/webapps/legacy/cpsatab7.htm

The U.S. economy may not even have posted 1% growth this last quarter (see here) and bank stocks slightly fell 1%-2% (see here).

BUT, there was growth in the U.S. national debt. Total outstanding public debt rose to $18,150,616,066,342.53 on 10/1/2015 (see here).