1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

True Liberation!

Discussion in 'Thoughts for Today' started by Loon Watchman, Oct 18, 2016 at 5:07 PM.

1. [​IMG]

It’s a wonderful thing when Christians decide to make a positive difference in their world. There is so much suffering — poverty, starvation, slavery, etc. And it is exciting to see the Church taking a lead in such things as ending sex trafficking. (These issues are very important to me as well. Over the years, my wife and I have been blessed to minister to the poor at homeless shelters, food pantries, orphanages, and other places — as well as working with ministries focused on ending sex trafficking)

But in the midst of our efforts to advance social justice, we must never lose sight of the real prize: people coming to know Jesus. It would be a great tragedy for the world to become a “better” place, with less poverty and misery, and yet not see the SPIRITUAL REVOLUTION break forth that our glorious Messiah paid such a great price to begin. And it would be a calamity beyond words to set people free from slavery and poverty without introducing them to the only One who can break the chains of darkness that bind their souls.

So, I want to encourage everyone, as you go about doing good works: to dare to say His Name — the only Name and reality that can make a real, eternal change in anyone’s life. And ultimately…it’s all about eternity.

loriT, Melizza and Cturtle says Amen and like this.
  2. Amen.
    loriT, Loon Watchman and Cturtle says Amen and like this.