True Heart Change

Verse of the Day:

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:10 (NIV)

Thank You, Jesus, for all of the love that You put into creating us. Thank You for the good works that You created us for as well. I pray that I will be in tune with You so that I can ensure that I am fulfilling the purposes that You created me for. I pray that You will show me exactly who You created me to be and for what purposes. Lord, give me dreams, visions, revelations, or whatever method You choose so that I may learn exactly how You see me, how you created me, and what You have called me to do.

' “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell. “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift. “Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny. “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell. “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery. “Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one. “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.'

Matthew 5:21-48

https://www.bible.com/bible/111/MAT.5.21-48

The Old Testament laws were more of morals and behavioral controls, whereas the New Testament deals with who we are and we should be becoming more like Jesus every single day. The New Testament deals with our hearts, where as the Old Testament deals with the outside (what others see). This transformation begins the day we give our hearts to Jesus and repent of our sins. Then as we grow in our relationship with Him, He begins to change our hearts. We grow in our relationship with the Lord through prayer, worship, reading and studying the Word of God, obeying Him, and serving. Not only do we not murder, but we do not let the sun go down on our anger so that we do not become bitter and hate others. When we are angry, we learn to pray instead of sin. Through prayer and worship, the Lord can calm the storm that is inside us and fill us with His peace. Then we can bear the good fruits of the Holy Spirit instead or yelling, complaining, saying the wrong things, or disrespecting others, or other sins (not just murder). Not only do we not commit adultery, but just like with anger, we allow the Lord to change our hearts so that we no longer lust. The world tells us to avenge ourselves on our enemies, but the Lord tells us to “turn the other cheek” and to allow the Lord to avenge us instead. He also tells us to love and pray for our enemies, instead.

The Bible even says that if anyone want to sue us and take something from us, that we should give them even more than they asked. If someone forces us to go one mile, we are to go above and beyond. As God’s people, we are to be generous and to have a Kingdom mindset rather than think of ourselves. In all that we do or say, our motive should be love and to draw people to the Lord. In fact, we are supposed to be known for our love and for the fruits of the Spirit. We are to be like Jesus to the world, not seeking to be liked for who we are, not to demand our rights, and not to build our own kingdoms, but to count it all rubbish for the sake of gaining Christ and storing up treasures in Heaven. Anyone can love those who love them, but Jesus teaches us to love even those who hate us and do evil against us. That is when we are most like Him and bring Him glory. That is when others begin to take notice that we are different. We will never be perfect in these flesh bodies, but the Word says that we must “be perfect as our heavenly Father is perfect.” Perfect is the standard, so we will daily miss the mark and will have to confess and repent, taking up our crosses daily. Since we cannot be perfect, Christ died for us and won the victory. When we depend on Him, the victory that He won is ours as well. Thank You, Jesus! Hallelujah!!

Hi Lovekr07 ... The other day, I asked you if you would kindly share a more personal post ( meaning tell us something about yourself ). You stated you were very busy but also in need of fellowship. These forums are small and so we truly are like family.
I do not mean any disrespect whatsoever... and I'm not sure how others feel about this... but... I personally am unable to take the time to read these long teachings without any knowledge of WHO is posting them. This a unique place in that there is NO one here who simply posts a thread and then signs out without any sort of communication with others.
God bless you sister.

Hi Lovekr07 ... The other day, I asked you if you would kindly share a more personal post ( meaning tell us something about yourself ). You stated you were very busy but also in need of fellowship. These forums are small and so we truly are like family.
I do not mean any disrespect whatsoever... and I'm not sure how others feel about this... but... I personally am unable to take the time to read these long teachings without any knowledge of WHO is posting them. This a unique place in that there is NO one here who simply posts a thread and then signs out without any sort of communication with others.
God bless you sister.
Good morning. I apologize for the delay. I will try to post something today. God bless you!

Back