trinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this was a prayer for the then and future church to walk in unity but not a prayer for world peace.

Right. Unity among His disciples on earth, and implicit that we will all be one in Heaven.

I wasn't reading the thread quite right, because I was responding more to unity among Christians, not a general world peace. I get now why you referenced Matt 10:34.

some say God is a trinity,then what about 3 diffrent sections of christians working as 1.instead of knocking our faith little by little lets question the world together.:)
God is ONE: One being, three persons. A human is one being and one person: A cat or dog is one being and NO persons: God is one being and THREE persons. We can not FULLY understand the Trinity, but the scripures are pretty plain that God IS Trinity:

Jesus tells his apostles to baptize "in the name [notice, singular, not plural] of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matt. 28:19). This is a proof-text: three distinct Persons united in the one divine name. In 2 Corinthians 13:14, Paul writes, "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." We see this same unity of divine Persons in 1 Corinthians 12:4–11, Ephesians 4:4–6, and 1 Peter 1:2–3.

The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is God (cf. John 8:58, 10:38, 14:10; Col. 2:9). It also clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God (cf. Acts 5:3–4, 28:25–28; 1 Cor. 2:10–13). Everyone agrees the Father is God. Yet there is only one God (Mark 12:29, 1 Cor. 8:4–6, Jas. 2:19). How can we hold all four truths except to say all three are One God?

And yes, Jesus DID say he was God. In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I Am" (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59). Also significant are passages that apply the title "the First and the Last" to Jesus. This is one of the Old Testament titles of Yahweh: "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of armies: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god’" (Is. 44:6; cf. 41:4, 48:12).

MODERATORS COMMENT

This topic has been discussed many times on the forum.

When members join the forum that say that they accept our Statement of Faith.
Point 2 of that statement reads

There is only one God who reveals Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

This thread is therefore being closed.
After further discussion by the moderators it may be re-opened or on the other hand we may decide not to reopen it.

We thank all who have taken the time to contribute to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back