Transformed into his image

Then hopefully they would get on their knees like we should do, which most don't do anymore.

I was thinking of this passage earlier and what you said reminded me of it .

Lamentations 3:27-31 (New International Version)

27 It is good for a man to bear the yoke
while he is young.

28 Let him sit alone in silence,
for the LORD has laid it on him.

29 Let him bury his face in the dust—
there may yet be hope.

30 Let him offer his cheek to one who would strike him,
and let him be filled with disgrace.

31 For men are not cast off
by the Lord forever.

Well humility is a huge factor . but Isaiah 58 appears to indicate it is the appearance of the heart that mattered then as Jesus pointed out many times still matters now .

Joel 2:13
And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.

Yes it is a matter of the heart, not only the position of the body. Although sometimes if a person doesn't want to kneel or prostrate themselves before God, it can reveal they may not be humble in heart

My mistake . when you said Action = possible heart condition . the question in me was upon

"it can reveal they may not be humble in heart"

since God already knows our hearts and we don't have anything to prove to him .

it seemed you were talking about proving to people such as yourself that they were not humble because they didn't follow man's prescription .

so since that was not the case . then there is no need judge the core by the symptoms . God knows what's up . and where everyone is at .

Romans 14:4
Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Psalm 11:7For the LORD is righteous ;he loves righteous deeds; 8 the upright shall behold his face.

Psalm 140:13 Surely the righteous shall give thanks to Your name; the upright shall dwell in Your presence (before your very face).

When the face is mentioned it speaks of intimacy. He desires and initiates a personal encounter with us and awaits our response. When He draws you seek His face and be quick to run to him. Don’t be like the Shulamite who put her lover off too long and he withdrew.

Song of Solomon 5:2I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night. 3I have put off my coat; how shall I put it on? I have washed my feet; how shall I defile them? 4My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him. 5I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands dropped with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, upon the handles of the lock. 6I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer

Song of Solomon 1:4Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.

We need a fresh passion for His presence, the desire for a more personal intimacy with Him. One moment in His presence can do more for you than months going through a ritual of religious duty. His presence is transforming and changes us more and more each time we are with Him. We are forever transformed from glory to glory each time we meet with him

Mark 7:6 And he said to them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,"'This people honors me with their lips,but their heart is far from me;7in vain do they worship me,teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'

They praised Him with their words but their heart was far from Him because they refused to set aside their traditions that hinder the Spirit from having His way in their lives.

We want a heart felt relationship, not something that is not real. We want to develop a passion for Him, a burning flame within us that will replace just going through the motions or having a form godliness. In His presence we worship Him in Spirit and truth.

John 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit , and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.

The very reason you were created is because He wants you to be with Him, in His presence forever.

Revelation 4:11Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

We need a fresh passion for His presence, the desire for a more personal intimacy with Him. One moment in His presence can do more for you than months going through a ritual of religious duty. His presence is transforming and changes us more and more each time we are with Him. We are forever transformed from glory to glory each time we meet with him

Amen and amen and the verse that comes to mind :

Psalm 84:10
Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

http://biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=KJV&passage=Mark+7:6

Amen and amen and the verse that comes to mind :

Psalm 84:10
Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

Amen

Psalm 122:1
I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD

Psalm 100:4
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Psalm 116:19[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]In the courts of the LORD's house, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise ye the LORD.[/FONT]

Yes we enter into His courts with thanksgiving and praise. Then we move closer into the Holy Of Holies and enter into His presence in that secret place alone with Him.

I remember a song that says ''There is no place I'd rather be than at your feet" :bow:

I'm so thankful that I found this through GodSpeaks' signature :) I needed this tonight. Praise God!

Brother

Thank you Brother. Praise the Lord!

If you read all this thread already, you're sure a fast reader LOL! Personally, I get more out of it and it sticks with me more if I read a small portion, prayerfully meditate on it and the Lord reveals even more! The Holy Spirit shows us many things that are interesting :D

GodSpeaks said:
His presence should be the reason we live. Sure there are many important things in our Christian life, but if the presence of the person of Jesus Christ is not #1 in our thoughts and desires, then we need to examine our priorities.

I want to enter into higher heights in the Spirit, into deeper depths of His love! He is pursuing us, drawing us toward Himself into the secret place that we can share our love.

Song of Solomon 2:14 O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely.

Do you hear His calling? Do you feel your heart stirring for Him? Lord awaken our heart to answer your call and come be with you!

I want to enter into higher heights in the Spirit, into deeper depths of His love! He is pursuing us, drawing us toward Himself into the secret place that we can share our love.

Amen GodSpeaks ... That is my desire as well . We do not want to become stagnant but each day reach into His heart of love that we may also project that love to others.

The love of God is deeper than the ocean and wider than the seas . God is love and we are his people so we are love.

Amen GodSpeaks ... That is my desire as well . We do not want to become stagnant but each day reach into His heart of love that we may also project that love to others.

The love of God is deeper than the ocean and wider than the seas . God is love and we are his people so we are love.

That's a great song about His love :)

Back