Transformed into his image

Now the answer doesn't always happen immediately and if not we need to get some help, whatever the area our problem, if we have waited as long as possible. So that was not doubt. But its great when it happens almost instantly.

And it helps not to be a doubting Thomas like I was and then turned mine on and actually turned my head away , thinking it is not going to load . And Holy Spirit said " but didn't you ask ?' I said oops " sorry please forgive me . "

We all have those times. But we encourage each other to not give up when believing the Lord for something that seems impossible.

Sometimes we are not asking Him to meet a need but wondering how we can do what He has told us to do. That many times seems so impossible. But we don't look to ourselves but Him.

Like David's brother that I mentioned. He certainly didn't think David was qualitfied for anything other than to tend to sheep. But it's not dependant on our qualitications and abilities, Its our availablity. Its not what we can do, but what HE can do through us if we are yielded to Him and obedient.

Like David's brother that I mentioned. He certainly didn't think David was qualitfied for anything other than to tend to sheep. But it's not dependant on our qualitications and abilities, Its our availablity. Its not what we can do, but what HE can do through us if we are yielded to Him and obedient.

Bingo .... You hit the nail on the head . God uses people that we don't think qualify but they are the ones who are obedient . David is a perfect example . and all the disciples were of all things just fishermen , probably with no education and all they knew how to do was fish but they left their nets to follow Jesus .

Recap of this subject:

The Impossible is Possible

Jeremiah 32:27
Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Ephesians 3:20
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

He is El Shaddai, the God of more than enough, the All Sufficient One

1 Guard against doubt and unbelief

2 There is power in being of one mind and in unity

3 Keep your thinking in line with God’s word.

4 Watch what you feed into your mind and spirit, what you see, hear and read.

5What you say causes defeat or brings victory.
Keep what we pray and say in line with Gods Word

6 How you see yourself determines what you do

7 How you see your situation determines your future

8 Look at the promises of God by faith, not at your present circumstances

9 Expect God’s miracle working power to work for you

10 Turn loose of the past

11 Don’t allow people to limit you, distract you or hold you back

12 Religious traditions prevents the Word of God from working in your life

13 Your availability is greater than you ability

Dream big. He is the God of abundance, the God of the impossible!

Luke 18:27
And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

12 Religious traditions prevents the Word of God from working in your life

I would have to say this is the biggest deterent in many Christians lives . For some reason , tradition plays an important role in our lives and it is hard to break from those things . Sunday in my house was a day to rest read and leave on your sunday clothes .
I think a lot of churches are breaking away from tradition .

I just think in my own life of when I was small ( decades ago ) and we had to wear hats , no jewelry , long skirts, no long pants, no makeup and all of this was focused on the outward and now of course later learned that God does not look on the outward but on the heart. Mind you now I thing some of the young people have gone to other extreme but I pray that the Holy Spirit reveals that to them and all I can do is pray for the young people in my church and love them where they are at.

My comment would be that you have covered this so well that there probably isn't a question . Wonderful thread my dear . Keep up the good work .

Thanks. It wasn't as thorough as you think or both subjects would have been twice as long.

[And everyone is saying, please spare me! LOL]

now of course later learned that God does not look on the outward but on the heart.
Right. The Pharisees were only concerned with the outward appearance but their attitudes were ungodly.

Matthew 23:26Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. 27Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 28Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

(new topic)

Transformed By His Presence

2 Corinthians 3:18And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect[a] the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

We focus on so many things in our Christian lives, but the focus needs to be on His presence. That is of utmost importance. In His presence is where we are transformed into His image. The more we are alone with Him in that secret place, one with each other, He changes us to be more like Him. And the more we become like Him the more we reflect His glory. We are to be pure vessels so that glory can shine forth unhindered.

2 Cor. 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.

glass - Greek -
1) to show in a mirror, to make to reflect, to mirror
2) to look at one's self in a mirror
3) to behold one's self in a mirror

What do we see when we look in the mirror? What is deep within can show on the outside also. The Spirit of God that is in you can radiate out of you.

Are we reflecting Him? You can see the glory of God on the face of many people who have an intimate relationship with Him.

What do we see when we look in the mirror? What is deep within can show on the outside also. The Spirit of God that is in you can radiate out of you.

Are we reflecting Him? You can see the glory of God on the face of many people who have an intimate relationship with Him.

How true . A friend of mine sent me a picture of a saint of God that he had not seen for a long time . The man is in his late 80's and he wanted to see him . When I saw the picture ( and not knowing the man ) I sent back a reply saying the love of Jesus radiates from this man and his face is shining with the glory of the Lord .

We know God is omnipresent, He is present everywhere. But it isn’t a reality to everyone. We must have a personal encounter with the manifested presence of the Living God to impact our life and completely transform us .

When we are hunger to have such a relationship He will met with us and invade our soul with His transforming power. It was His passion to give His all for us. When we realize all He did, it should give us a holy passion for Him, to truly know Him and desire to be in His presence constantly.

His presence should be the reason we live. Sure there are many important things in our Christian life, but if the presence of the person of Jesus Christ is not #1 in our thoughts and desires, then we need to examine our priorities.

The Lord showed someone a powerful thing. In these last days the Spirit of God is going to move in a mighty way when those who know and experience his power come together in unity with those who know and experience His presence. It will transform the church and the world

The Lord showed someone a powerful thing. In these last days the Spirit of God is going to move in a mighty way when those who know and experience his power come together in unity with those who know and experience His presence. It will transform the church and the world

Praise God . The church in N. America needs a good shaking . We need to be receptive and open and on our knees praying . Nothing will happen without the church becoming more active instead of sitting in their comfortable pews.

Praise God . The church in N. America needs a good shaking . We need to be receptive and open and on our knees praying . Nothing will happen without the church becoming more active instead of sitting in their comfortable pews.

That's right! we have to make the pews less comfortable! such a great idea!

Back