Transformed into his image

Many times the most powerful impartations of the Spirit have come upon me through seeking Him more, worshipping, prayer, and ministering to Him alone.

If we are not endued from on high there will be no conviction or power to change lives.

The Bible says the Lord confirmed the Word with signs following those "that believe" It didn’t say pastors and evangelists.

Jesus said I only say what the Father says, only do what Father does. And so should we imitate our Father.

John 8:31Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed.

Understanding this is so important. If we just listening and do what He says, and try to follow His instruction, miracles happen. Not because we are seeking after the miracles, but because we are seeking to follow the Lord He provides the power. The more I just commit to just listening and following what He asks me to do moment to moment, the more I see incredible things happen around me.

On the other hand, when I have tried to go make things happen in the name of the Lord, the power was not often there and looking back on those times, I not sure much was accomplished. I'm not always sure much came out of what I did when I was following the Lord also, but I was always sure that He was doing things. It was then that I saw the incredible things.

Rain on cloudless days, the dead raised, the Spirit manifested, people healed, and I know a man that was taken up to heaven, yet of what importances is any of that if others don't come to follow the Lord. And of course there is always the time of persecution. Jobs are lost, and you are made to feel like an outcast in the synagogue. So then it also seems like there is time to sit under the plant and reflect back on what good it all was. Yeah, maybe a city was saved, but will it not turn back? There is nothing new under the sun.

The wind still blows where it will. Storms still come up; earthquakes and fire too. And there is One that comes like lightning and rebukes the wind. And when I hear that still small voice, I still wrap my mantle around me and come out of the cave. There must be more to be done.

Here are some people who wanted to do things their own way.

Gen 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

God had to go down and confound their language because if they were all in unity and spoke the same thing they could accomplish what they wanted. We would think that’s impossible, there is no way they can do that. But look what God said.

Gen 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. 7Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

If they were not able to do this then He would not have to come down and confuse their language to stop them from working together to accomplish it. If the ungodly can do this when it wasn’t God’s will, just think what could believers do when they follow His will? Miracles that were supposedly impossible.
This shows what you think is powerful and does matter. When we are in unity working for the same goal there is power in that. Just as on the day of Pentecost they were all in ONE ACCORD, of the same mind. They were believing for the promise of the Father to be sent.

Acts 2:1And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

[That’s a miracle in itself getting 120 in agreement! LOL]

Where as before He dispersed them by confounding their language to replenish the earth as He told them, now He united them in the Spirit with the language of the Holy Spirit. What we believe is powerful. Jesus said in Matthew 9:29 ’’According to your faith be it unto you’’.

understanding this is so important. If we just listening and do what he says, and try to follow his instruction, miracles happen. Not because we are seeking after the miracles, but because we are seeking to follow the lord he provides the power. The more i just commit to just listening and following what he asks me to do moment to moment, the more i see incredible things happen around me.

yes if we would just simply believe what he said and act on what he directs us to do, relying on his ability, by his power, much would be accomplished for the kingdom of god.

on the other hand, when i have tried to go make things happen in the name of the lord, the power was not often there and looking back on those times, i not sure much was accomplished.

that's why christians and preacher get burned out and some even quit. They are trying to do things in their own power and ability. It may seem some are blessed at the time, but not anything that is lasting, and certainly does not change anything or anyone without the power of his spirit. We used to sing a song years ago about how we don't want to just be blessed but we want to be changed!

GodSpeaks said:
Hebrews 3:12Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

When Jesus was in his hometown it says

Mark 6:5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. 6And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

That boggles the mind of some. This did not say Jesus would not do it, but it says he could not . Why ? Because he cannot work in an atmosphere of unbelief or doubt. Unbelief limits God in our life.

Jesus went to pray for the damsel who died.

Mark 5:40 And they laughed him to scorn. But when he had put them all out, he taketh the father and the mother of the damsel, and them that were with him, and entereth in where the damsel was lying. 41And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise. 42And straightway the damsel arose, and walked; for she was of the age of twelve years. And they were astonished with a great astonishment.

He put them out of the house so that unbelief would not hinder the power of God. It may seem that is impossible but He chose in His sovereignty to give us a choice, a free will whether to believe or not. He responds to our faith rather than need. If He responded to need then every need in the world would be met and it would be heaven on earth right now. It's easy to see it's far from it!

CBE You mentioned of awesome things that happen, yet its not important if people don't come to the Lord. I believe that is why the Lord demonstrated His power. Because then many will believe.

Acts 9:32 And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all quarters, he came down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda.
33And there he found a certain man named Aeneas, which had kept his bed eight years, and was sick of the palsy.
34And Peter said unto him, Aeneas, Jesus Christ maketh thee whole: arise, and make thy bed. And he arose immediately.
35And all that dwelt at Lydda and Saron saw him, and turned to the Lord.

36Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.
37And it came to pass in those days, that she was sick, and died: whom when they had washed, they laid her in an upper chamber.
38And forasmuch as Lydda was nigh to Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent unto him two men, desiring him that he would not delay to come to them.
39Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber: and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them.
40But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up.
41And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive. 42And it was known throughout all Joppa; and many believed in the Lord.

Thats what Jesus did from town to town. They all followed Him and the religious leaders were so jealous they wanted to kill him.

Acts 2:1And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

He put them out of the house so that unbelief would not hinder the power of God. [Mark 5:40]

This shows the importance of the unity of believing. Wrong thinking can limit God in our life. It begins with a thought , we believe it, we speak it , then act on it. This forms habits, develops our character, then becomes a way of life. Whatever controls your thoughts will control your life. If we do not think correctly we cannot believe correctly, according to the Bible and this is one reason nothing is accomplish

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God

We renew out mind to the Word of God which shows us what He thinks and what we are to believe.

Religious ideas limit God. Jesus told the Pharisees they were "making the word of God of none effect through your tradition" because they were teaching man’s doctrine and calling it God’s teachings ( Mark 7:13 ). Much of the preaching in churches is religious thinking and is not scriptural. It is just what they have heard all their life. If you put your man made traditions and doctrines above what God says, then His word will be ineffective in your life.

One day the Holy Spirit said something to me that was very profound:

Humility is choosing to believe what I said in my Word over choosing to hold to what you have always believed. That’s pride.

2 Corinthians 10:4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds 5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Besides putting God Word in our heart to renew our mind, we must pull down every strong hold, and bring every thought that is contrary to God’s Word into obedience to Him. If we do not do so the second they come to mind, and entertain them at all, we have lost the battle. This is where most people are defeated. It’s the battle of the mind. But God gives us the power and grace to overcome. The more we put these things into practice the more we will begin to think like Him.

1 Corinthians 2:16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

If we are always trying to analyze and reason out everything with our natural mind it can be a hindrance to faith and limit God in our life. Being skeptical will squelch His power on our behalf

1 Cor 23:14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Cor 1:23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29That no flesh should glory in his presence.

God has chosen to confound the wise by doing things that may not be logical, to bring them to humility. Man thinks in his wisdom he can do all things in himself and does not need to depend on God. The Lord does not tell us to analyze His ways but to believe in His supernatural power to do what is impossible in the natural

How we think and speak does affect our lives. What we think gets in our heart and Jesus said, out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Matthew 12:34)

Psalms 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

We have a choice what to say. There is power in your words. So choose to say what is good, what agrees with God's Word, and what brings blessings.

Proverbs 18:20 A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled. 21Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Proverbs 13:2A man shall eat good by the fruit of his mouth: but the soul of the transgressors shall eat violence.

Prov. 21:23Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.

Psalm 34:12What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? 13Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. 14Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it

Proverbs 10:11The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.

When we pray what God says in His Word or speak in agreement with it, He says the angels hear us voice His Word and begin to work on our behalf. They listen for His Word to be spoken

Hebrews 1:14Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Psalm 103:20Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

But if we speak the opposite of God’s Word the angels cannot respond for they will only do God’s will.

Prov. 6:2Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.

Isaiah 55:11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

What you say causes defeat or brings victory so don’t limit God through your words

Psalm 141:3Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.

Matt 12:36-37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Deuteronomy. 30; 19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live

When we say what the Word of God says , there is power because its His words we are speaking and shows we are in agreement with Him. Although God said He gave the land to the children of Israel, they said they could not possess it, and they didn’t. But Caleb and Joshua said they could. And they did.

Numbers 13:2 Send thou men, that they may search the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel: of every tribe of their fathers shall ye send a man, every one a ruler among them

When the men returned Caleb said:
30 Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it. 31But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we.

When we speak the opposite of what God says, He calls it an evil report. Whose report will you believe? I will believe the Lord! If God say we can do something He will give us the power, strength, and whatever is needed to do it.

Numbers 13:32And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.

What you listen to can affect your life. When people speak negatively it affects everyone around them. If you listen to the wrong report, a negative report, you can could die in the wilderness too like them, instead of fulfilling what God has for you.

The majority of the spies, 10 out of 12, influenced all the adult children of Israel to believe the evil report they brought back, and not do what God told them to do. It was not God’s will for them to wander around there for 40 years. It would have only taken about 11 days. Their bad report was sowing bad seeds into their hearts and what they reaped was not good. Most of the spies caused them to lose out of entering the promised land. If you continue to say "I can’t" and "This is impossible", you will stay defeated in the wilderness. So take heed what you hear.

How we see ourselves determines what we do and can keep us from doing God’s will.

Numbers 13:33And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

They said they were not able because all they saw was the circumstances. They could not see God’s promise to give them the land as long as they could only see themselves as little grasshoppers, helpless against the giants. This kept them from going forward. It was His will for them to go on up and possess the promised land, which is symbolic of the abundant life in Jesus.

Are you in an impossible situation? By faith we believe and see the promises the Lord has for us.

Corinthians 4:17-18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Don’t look at the impossible circumstances at the time, look at God's promises by faith. What we see is only temporary, so look at God's Word, which is the answer. If you look at the situation, how it looks in the natural, it can stop your miracle.

Matthew 9:20 And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment: 21 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.

She saw within herself receiving healing as she touched Him. That’s how faith works. I’ve heard people say “I just can’t see myself doing that ’’. If we cannot see the thing God promised happening, or can't see ourselves doing what God said we can to do, it will never happen.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report. 3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Just because you cannot see it in the natural does not mean things are not happening in the spiritual realm. But it may or may not take time to see it manifested in the natural realm. Everything you see was created out of the invisible things not seen. That doesn’t mean just the physical things like trees and mountains, but also situations being changed in our lives. The natural mind cannot understand or explain the things of God but nevertheless, He is still working and rearranging circumstances to bring about the answer to what we need.

Joseph was a dreamer. Genesis 37 tells us God had given him a dream that he would be a ruler over his brothers and even his parents and he knew in his heart it would come to pass.

Of course his brothers could not see him ruling over them and hated him for it, so they threw him in a pit and sold him as a slave. The pit is about as low as you can go but no matter what, he kept his eyes on the dream. He had seen himself in that dream as a leader and He became the head of Potipher’s house and later even head of the prison.

Joseph didn’t let his brothers stop his dream. God wants us to dream big! Don’t let anyone or anything stop the dream He gave you. With our eyes on the promise God gave us, we can achieve that dream. If He spoke to you it will bring it to pass.

David was in an impossible situation in the natural. He said he would fight Goliath, yet he was only a young boy and Goliath was huge in comparison. His older brother was angry and wanted him to go back to his sheep. But David didn’t seeing himself like his brother did, as just a shepherd boy. He saw himself as God saw him, doing what God led him to do before he even did it. This is what he said before the stone hit Goliath:

1 Samuel 17:46 This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee.

By faith he saw the it in his spirit; he saw the answer before it happened. He didn’t looking at the situation in the natural like others. He was not looking at how big Goliath was, he was looking at how big His God was! So don’t let the giants in your life keep you from receiving what God has spoken to your heart. God is bigger than any giant!

I love all these faith stories in the Bible . When we read them they also build faith in us . Yes Joseph was a dreamer but he also believed God would be there for him and he knew our God would deliver him from the prison and stood tall becuse he was a righteous man and did nothing to deserve prison . Yes , stand upon God's promises and His dreams and believe and move forward in Him , knowing that not by might nor by power but by His Spirit it will come to fruition .

There are so many men of faith for us to look to . Men who stood for what matters , men who did not waver or back down , men who payed the ultimate price and were not afraid of what others would say because they knew their God and were faithful to Him . Yes and many of them died for the glory of God and were not afraid .

Thanks GodSpeaks for this wonderful thread . God Bless you .

I love all these faith stories in the Bible . When we read them they also build faith in us . Yes Joseph was a dreamer but he also believed God would be there for him and he knew our God would deliver him from the prison and stood tall becuse he was a righteous man and did nothing to deserve prison . Yes , stand upon God's promises and His dreams and believe and move forward in Him , knowing that not by might nor by power but by His Spirit it will come to fruition .

There are so many men of faith for us to look to . Men who stood for what matters , men who did not waver or back down , men who payed the ultimate price and were not afraid of what others would say because they knew their God and were faithful to Him . Yes and many of them died for the glory of God and were not afraid .

If everyone in the church stood firm in the face of opposition like they did this world would be totally different

Thanks GodSpeaks for this wonderful thread . God Bless you .
You're welcome. I praise the Lord He has blessed you.

If everyone in the church stood firm in the face of opposition like they did this world would be totally different

For sure sis . The men of the Old and New Testament were pillars of the faith for us to copy .

What we expect is what we will experience. If we want him to move in a situation we must expect it. We cannot continue to do the same thing and think things will change. There must be some kind of change, whether in attitude, thinking or deed.

Paul speaks in Phil 1:20 of "earnest expectation" In the Greek this means "intense anticipation". Anticipation will bring the answer to what you are expecting. It raises your level of faith and puts you in a position to receive the manifestation of your miracle. The Lord is looking for someone who will believe Him for impossible situations in their life. It is an opportunity for miracles.

The reason nothing happens for some people is they don’t believe it and don’t do anything about it. Others expect something to happen, but always expect the worst because of past failures. Holding on to past mistakes and failures can keep us from receiving what we need from God. If we keep looking back we can’t go forward.

Expect a good outcome and enter into the good things the Lord has for you.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

That my dear is the essence of our faith .... expectation , hope and believe .

If expectation is not there , we cannot believe our God of the impossible will do anything for us . If we start with the little things , they will multiply and get bigger and bigger until we realize what a Mighty God we serve . He is bigger than all our problems . He will see us through ... maybe not with the outcome that we thought t but a better one ...

OUr job as you said is to believe . Jesus told us to BELIEVE
Matthew 8:13
Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! It will be done just as you believed it would." And his servant was healed at that very hour.

People might think this is silly but just recently I had a computer problem and it would not start and I started thinking ... I have to take it in to be repaired . No , I prayed ... believing and yes afterwords when the problem was corrected I was ok with that until I stopped believing and boom the problem started all over again .... Satan wants to distract us from believing our prayers will be answered so he puts all kinds of thoughts into our minds ... All we have to do is say .... satan Jesus has overcome you on the cross and get behind me and to my amazement my computer is fine again . Thank you Jesus .

P. S. ..... In my doubting time I even told a member that I would probably be away for a while because of my computer problems

No its not silly. Can't God do anything? Yes. So he could fix a pc , a car, anything. Remember last week when I was having trouble posting and this was going crazy? I cleared eveyrthing ran virus scan etc, it turned out ok. I was praying the whole time but that didn't change at the moment. I turned it off and was going to call someone about it. on Monday if ti didn't stagithen up. When I turned it on again it worked fine and has since then :D Praise the Lord!

Now the answer doesn't always happen immediately and if not we need to get some help, whatever the area our problem, if we have waited as long as possible. So that was not doubt. But its great when it happens almost instantly.

Galatians 5:7Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

People may try to hold you back from God’s best or distract you. Remember how the majority of the spies cause the children of Israel to lose out on their dream of entering the promised land? The majority will kill your dream too if you allow it.

Some may criticize or discourage you and try to get you to give up on what you are believing for the Lord to do. They will try to prevent you from going forward with the Lord. Many times they are really jealous. They would like to have a dream and be successful attaining it but are not willing to pay the price. It takes an effort to go upstream. We can't just go along with the crowd like the children of Israel did or it will be disasterous like it was for them.

If people try to distract you and prevent you from doing God's will, be determined you will not allow them to do so. Nehemiah 6 tells of the rebuilding of the wall. Their enemy Sanballet tried every tactic to prevent it, mocking and laughing, fighting and reasoning. Let them know you are busy doing God's will and don't have time getting involved in that. Dont listen to every reason why you should come down off the wall!

Whoever is holding you back is keeping you from entering into what God has for you. But God is bigger than any person and can change the situation.

Back