Transformed into his image

When the burnt offering and the sacrifices were given the children of Israel bowed down and worshipped and the Lord. We may gave our offerings and praise to God but are we giving ourselves..all we are? How about our mouth? That seems to be the last thing we are willing to yield.

The Bible talks a lot about the tongue as being a common cause and root of evil and unless we can bridle our tongue we not be able to praise God in the way that He desires.

Psalm 34:13
keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies.

James 1:26
If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.

James 3:9
With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness

The Bible talks a lot about the tongue as being a common cause and root of evil and unless we can bridle our tongue we not be able to praise God in the way that He desires.

Yes is does. There are so many verses about the tongue both positive and negative there is no way to post them all. Usually our problem is right under our nose LOL. That's where it started.
But praise the Lord we can also turn it around!

Proverbs 21:23
Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.

Psalm 34:13
keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies.

James 1:26
If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.

Those are some strong verses. How we relate to our brothers and sisters in Christ , how we talk to each other, the attitudes and motives of our heart affects how the Spirit of God moves through us and in our midst.

Ephesians 4:22That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Ephesians 4:15But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Ephesians 4:29Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 31Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

There's too much arguing the scripture instead of preaching the gospel; too many with a critical spirit, always in strife , making accusations, and making excuses for gossiping about others, even about other Christians. This is not a good witness and grieves the Spirit of God. We would be wise to guard our hearts concerning these things. Lets do all we can to stay in harmony and peace. We can do so by staying in the Spirit and leaning on Him. Here’s a good Psalm to abide by.

Psalm 101:2I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. 3I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. 4A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person. 5Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer. 6Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me. 7He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.

Ephesians 4:15But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

A good verse to go by for sure . Unfortunately some people in the church have driven others out because of this verse being taken too strongly and like everything taken to the extreme . They think it is their right to tell and correct but have not asked the Lord to give them the right time , place and attitude of heart cause if the heart is not right people will not recieve it . It has to be done in love.

I know of people who refuse to come back into the church because of individuals who have hurt them and they say to me , if that is what Christianity is all about then I don't want any part of it . Sad but true .

THE POWER OF GOD

I believe it’s time for God’s glory and power is to be demonstrated, to give hope to this lost world. And this is why.

There have been many drastic changes in our country. In this time when so many have lost jobs, houses, businesses, the change in health care, and who knows what else next. There are many natural dangers and dangerous people.

There could be many opportunities for the Lord to manifest His power and His glory for His church and to others through His church. And He has already done many awesome things in my life and others I know.

We need to begin again to trust the Lord for our health, our finances and every areas of live, and not trust in our pay check, the arm of flesh, this world system or the government. We can see that now, the way this nation is going nothing is working. But GOD has the answer. The ways of Jesus is the answer. Lets get back to the Bible and what it teaches we should be doing.

Some say we don’t need miracles anymore. But we need them more than ever: protection, provision for us when everyone is lacking, healings and deliverances. We can pray for people and the Lord will answer, causing them to desire to be saved and know the Lord. This could be the time we do the greater works of Jesus and bring in a great harvest. Its only by the demonstration of His power that this troubled nation can be helped. I believe that’s what we have to do to get this country out of the mess its in. Its the only thing that will wake the church up and get the world's attention so they will come to the Lord.

2 Chronicles 16:9For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strongin the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him

We are his hand, feet and voice on this earth now. He said to go into the highways and byways. Tell them about the Lord, get them saved, healed and delivered. That’s what he commissioned us to do. He has always used His people for His glory. And we can do it. We are just the vessels but its His power

There are many churches that have been praying for a move of God. In our nation’s history the Lord has visited us and even other nations which completely revolutionized everything. You know the glory of God has come to a community when the bars and clubs close down. Even whole towns have been saved. Since He did it before He can do it again and I believe He will. God is still on the throne and when we pray, believe and use the authority God gave us, He will move all heaven and earth for His children.

I believe in these last days even if others are in lack the Lord will provide for His own as He did in times past. He fed the children of Israel manna and quail in the wilderness. He protected them in the land of Goshen from all the plagues that troubled those around them. They didn't touch them.

He can use us to make a difference in our city and our nation. We can be a part in many salvations, healing, and deliverance, by HIS power that can even impact the world. The Lord uses ordinary people to do the extra ordinary things.

Matthew 24:14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

What gospel is that? The same gospel He preached. He always healed, delivered, and ministered to people in all areas, not just concerning salvation of the soul. Jesus and the disciples ministered out in the streets as He went from place to place and trained them to do what He was doing.

The reason so many think the Lord can’t use them is they feel their faith is not strong enough to do the works of Jesus. But they are trying to have faith in their own faith instead of having faith in GOD. Can’t he do anything? Is anything impossible with God? No. Has He used other people to do mighty things, even the miraculous? Yes. Then there’s no difference, He can use you. You can do the works of God when you realize you are just the vessel, but it’s really God doing the work through you by HIS power. We need to get our mind off of ourselves and on HIS ability. This is what’s holding people back.

2 Corinthians 3:5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God 6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

When man thinks He can preach eloquently enough to save the lost his pride prevents the Lord from working through him. But there is no way he can demonstrate God's mighty powerful works unless he humbles himself and lets the Spirit of God flow through him. He cannot do the miraculous, only God can.

The harvest is ripe, and the laborers are few. Time is running out . What we do for the kingdom of God must be done quickly

He can use us to make a difference in our city and our nation. We can be a part in many salvations, healing, and deliverance, by HIS power that can even impact the world. The Lord uses ordinary people to do the extra ordinary things.

That's exactly it .... And when you spoke aboutpride , that is the main reason why the church is suffering . I see so many times people who think because they are in this ministry that others should give them a pat on the back and tell them how good they are . Sorry but it's true . They are waiting for people tocredit them instead of asking God where they should be in the Body .

Not being critical here but an observer : there is one person in particular that has herself in almost every ministry in the church and I am wondering how she can possibly devote herself to all . Finally the church had to say you can only be in x number of ministries . The commitee that I am on , this person always forgot to come to because she was too involved . There comes a time when you say am I working for Jesus or myself ?

When man thinks He can preach eloquently enough to save the lost his pride prevents the Lord from working through him. But there is no way he can demonstrate God's mighty powerful works unless he humbles himself and lets the Spirit of God flow through him. He cannot do the miraculous, only God can.

The harvest is ripe, and the laborers are few. Time is running out . What we do for the kingdom of God must be done quickly

Again this is man being prideful and full of himself instead of God . The only way God can work is if we humble ourselves . Look at Jesus example .... We never ever see him having pride .... what did he do ? He came into the world in a lowly manger , He died between two thieves , He washed his disciples feet . , He had no where to lay his head , .... You are right on the money " GodSpeaks " It is by the power of the Holy Spirit working through us and us saying I am just a broken vessel , needing to be filled day by day.

The harvest is right in your own town .... You do not have to be a missionary in a foreign land but a missionary in your own neibourhood .

Matt. 9:37............Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." - 2 Chronicles 7:14

there comes a time when you say am
i working for jesus or myself ?

John 3:30
he must increase, but
I must decrease

it is by the power of the holy spirit working through us and us saying i am just a broken vessel , needing to be filled day by day.

Yes he is the one who empowers you. If you seek him and yield to him, he will surely flow though you in a mighty way. He is the one who anoints us and appoints us to do certain things but it’s HIM who works through us.

the harvest is right in your own town .... You do not have to be a missionary in a foreign land but a missionary in your own neibourhood .

Right. You don’t have to be a pastor, evangelist or a well known minister either. I've said before, if he can use a raven and a donkey he could even use me.:)

matt. 9:37............then he said to his disciples, "the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.

2 Corinthians 5:18and all things are of god, who hath reconciled us to himself by jesus christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19to wit, that god was in christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

No one knows everything, we are still learning. But we can tell them what he has done for us and how we came to know Him. We are living epistles to the world. Like they say, you may be the only Bible some will ever read.

No one knows everything, we are still learning. But we can tell them what he has done for us and how we came to know Him. We are living epistle to the world. Like they say, you may be the only Bible some will ever read

That's right and if we run across some one who says they have arrived and know everything ..... run , baby run ... he he ... That is not the person you want to be around.

Yes we do not have to have a flowery testimony .... just tell it as the Holy Spirit leads and He will show you and tell you what to say . Most of all like you said if God can use a donkey .... well I think I am a little better looking than a donkey .... he he .... not much mind you .

Be His hands and feet extended . God the extra mile . Let your neibours see who you are and who you stand for .

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows

John 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Lately we have seen it getting dark in our nation and the world very fast. And it will get darker. The enemy tries to deceive us into thinking we are helpless to do anything about all we see coming to pass. Too many have bought into that and given up. We don’t have to cower down to the enemy in all he is trying to do in America and the nations. Let’s not sit back, but rise up and take authority over him. The Bible says we are to occupy until he comes.

Isaiah 60:1Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.

I realize prophetically speaking this is talking about Israel in the last days, but spiritually its true of all God’s people. We are of the seed of Abraham through Christ Jesus and His blessings are upon us also.

Isaiah 60:2For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee 3And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

You are as light in this dark world to point others toward the only hope there is – Jesus. The darker it gets the brighter the light of God’s glory shines through you.

Matthew 4:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

That light will draw them, they will see something in us is different, and when they come to us we can tell them its Jesus. Then we can lead them to the Lord or pray for whatever the need may be in their life and the Lord will answer. He anoints us with His power and glory to be demonstrated through our lives for the benefit if His kingdom. To do this we must stay close to Him and keep our lamps burning brightly

Luke 24:49And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Acts 2:39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

The promise of the Holy Spirit has already been given, so we don’t have to tarry for that. But after we receive Him, if we start our day getting filled up by tarrying in His presence, we are endued with power from on high. Then we can go out and touch lives all through the day whether its ministering to their needs, prayer, an encouraging word, or to bless them. The reason some are ineffective is they don’t take the time before they go out to wait in His presence and receive that anointing upon them to minister.

Many times the most powerful impartations of the Spirit have come upon me through seeking Him more, worshipping, prayer, and ministering to Him alone. When we get hungry and desperate enough to seek Him, He will empower us and the flow of the Spirit will get stronger within. The purpose for the anointing of God to overflow through us to others is to break bondages and meet their needs (Isaiah 10:27).

Acts 1:8But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

If we are not endued from on high there will be no conviction or power to change lives.Jesus send the Spirit to enable us to preach the gospel (2 Cor. 5:18), to heal the brokenhearted, set captives free (John 11:44), comfort, bring joy, and free them from oppression for God’s glory (Isaiah 61:1-3)

John 14:12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the words that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

The Bible says the Lord confirmed the Word with signs following those "that believe"(Mark 16:16-20). It didn’t say pastors and evangelists. We areall believers. But most doubt the Lord can use them. His power was demonstrated all through the Old and New Testament. He has never changed, He is the same today (Hebrews 13:8). Don’t ever think He can't do anything now that He has done before.

Jesus said I only say what the Father says, only do what Father does. And so should we imitate our Father. We renew or minds to think like Him, to speak and act like Him, and do what He does. Jesus trained his disciples to do what He was doing.

Ephesians 5:Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.

John 8:31Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed.

The Bible says the Lord confirmed the Word with signs following those "that believe"(Mark 16:16-20). It didn’t say pastors and evangelists. We areall believers. But most doubt the Lord can use them. His power was demonstrated all through the Old and New Testament. He has never changed, He is the same today (Hebrews 13:8). Don’t ever think He can't do anything now that He has done before.

Jesus said I only say what the Father says, only do what Father does. And so should we imitate our Father. We renew or minds to think like Him, to speak and act like Him, and do what He does. Jesus trained his disciples to do what He was doing.

Trying to remember what I said before being kicked off ....
Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Ok .... In this fallen world that we are living in , there are many Christians who are willing to sit back and let others do the work , but that is not what Jesus said He told us to go into all the world and preach the gospel and that didn't mean we had to leave our community .We are called to be workers and messengers of the gospel in our our area. . We all are Jesus messengers and His hands and feet extended.

If we are to be transformed into His likeness , then we need to be His example . Jesus told us that He is the same yesterday , today and forever so why do people think that the same miracles that were performed in the NT cannot happen today ? He also said oh' " ye of little faith " .

If we have the faith of a mustard seed , we can say to the mountain be removed , and if we have mountains in our lives that are unsurtmountable , If we believe He will deliver us .

Why is it in other countries , they are seeing God's power displayed in visions , healing and baptism of the Holy Ghost and power ? Could it be because these people are willing to fast and pray all night and wait for answers to prayer ? Could it be because they hunger and thirst for more of Jesus and His power? Could it be because their faith is being increased as they see the wondrous miracles happening before their eyes . ?

Yes my brothers and sisters there is power in the Blood .. the precious Blood of the Lamb

Trying to remember what I said before being kicked off ....
Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Ok .... In this fallen world that we are living in , there are many Christians who are willing to sit back and let others do the work , but that is not what Jesus said He told us to go into all the world and preach the gospel and that didn't mean we had to leave our community .We are called to be workers and messengers of the gospel in our our area. . We all are Jesus messengers and His hands and feet extended.

If we are to be transformed into His likeness , then we need to be His example . Jesus told us that He is the same yesterday , today and forever so why do people think that the same miracles that were performed in the NT cannot happen today ? He also said oh' " ye of little faith " .

If we have the faith of a mustard seed , we can say to the mountain be removed , and if we have mountains in our lives that are unsurtmountable , If we believe He will deliver us .

:preach:

Why is it in other countries , they are seeing God's power displayed in visions , healing and baptism of the Holy Ghost and power ?

Because they HAVE TO trust God or die, they have no choice. Here we are complacent and at ease and pride ourselves in our own sufficency. But sorry to say the day may soon be coming they will be desperate too and will have to trust Him. They should not have to get in a situation like that but should want to depend on Him.

Could it be because these people are willing to fast and pray all night and wait for answers to prayer ?

Absolutely, they know they need Him.
I hear people say I dont need anyone and I dont need your prayers. Oooookay!

Could it be because they hunger and thirst for more of Jesus and His power?

Oh yes! They know He is satisfies

Could it be because their faith is being increased as they see the wondrous miracles happening before their eyes . ?

All denominations on the mission field believe in the miraculous because they need miracles desperately, believe for them and see them. They know in those countries of the demonic activity, poverty, oppression and persecution and how He delivers and heals them.

Yes my brothers and sisters there is power in the Blood .. the precious Blood of the Lamb

:amen:

Matthew 5:14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Philippians 2:15
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world

Everyone is not be happy to see the light of the glory of God, for they love darkness and their wicked deed. They don't want the light to expose them, so they persecute us.

Romans 8:15
16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

1 Peter 4:13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
14If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

But no matter how some come against us, its NOTHING compared to His glory in our lives. It's all worth it! Even though God's children share in His glory because they are persecuted for that light of His glory shining through them, it is all ultimately for HIS glory. ALL we are and all we do is for HIM to be glorified.

1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

New subject:

THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE

Luke 18:27And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God

Luke 1:37For with God nothing shall be impossible

Ephesians 3:20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

He is the God of abundance, The God of more than enough! When we know it is impossible with man and only God can bring it to pass, then HE gets all the glory!

Don’t limit God

Psalm 78:40How oft did they provoke him in the wilderness, andgrieve him in the desert 41Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel

God says not to have hardened hearts of unbelief, as they did in the wilderness. Because they did He said:

Hebrews 3:11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) 12Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Because of unbelief they could not enter the promised land. He warns us not to do the same. Limiting Him grieves the Spirit of God. We must guard against it.

Hebrews 3:18And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? 19So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Hebrews 4:1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

They are an example to us to learn from so we will not make the same mistake. If you are in unbelief, the Word will not profit you.

They are an example to us to learn from so we will not make the same mistake. If you are in unbelief, the Word will not profit you.

Most definately . Some people would say that the OT is just books of stories that are of no importance , but I would say they are all there for God's purpose and for us to see how back in those days how the people lived and for us to understand and not make the same mistakes. In order for us to learn these are part and parcel of our faith .

Hebrews 10:22
let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Most definately . Some people would say that the OT is just books of stories that are of no importance , but I would say they are all there for God's purpose and for us to see how back in those days how the people lived and for us to understand and not make the same mistakes. In order for us to learn these are part and parcel of our faith .

If we look at the Bible as history, Old or New Testament, then we are not applying the Word to our life and we won't be victorious. If we live according to the Word and listen to the Spirit for direction, we don't have to 'learn the hard way". But too many take that route and there can be consequences that cannot be changed

Back