Tongues And Prophecy - Benefit For Whom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then men can be 'perfect'.

This is why it is so incredibly important to understand what is really being said.

Personally my fav 'perfect' is pleroo. Which means to be filled up, like a cup.

The Greek word for perfect in Matt. 5:48 is......"TELEIOS" and does not refer to sinless perfection.
"Perfect" here in Matthew means complete, that is possessing a love that God's embraces whose love you as well as those who do not.

Sorry Rav, we tried, it seems some people just have to argue and have the last word, what did I read in the OT, oh yeah, they muddy up the water for others, ...what I think you can see here is proof of what Paul told us, seek/desires the best gift, ...love.

May the Lord richly bless you today brother,

Gene

The Greek word for perfect in Matt. 5:48 is......"TELEIOS" and does not refer to sinless perfection.
"Perfect" here in Matthew means complete, that is possessing a love that God's embraces whose love you as well as those who do not.

I know that it means that. That is why I questioned her use of perfect.

Man can be perfect in scripture.

But when most people hear the word they think infallible. Which is DEAD wrong.

This is why the infallibility label placed on men is so in error and yet so prevalent in religion.

The King says we are to be complete as God is complete. He is the best God he can be. He is at his apex.

And so should we. At our apex. Nothing left to achieve. But not without fault.

This is why words translated from one language to another can be so harmful when not used in the context of the whole of scripture.

Take for instance this one. Isa 45:7
Evil is Hebrew is Rah.
But it means adversity and strife, making your life hard. Not sin.

But English speakers see evil and think related to diabolic intent. It is not. Because if you look at the whole of scripture God cannot be diabolic because he would stop being God.

When people take these things out of context and use their own traditions for definition we get the wrong things out.

Ya know, here it is,

From my very first post on this forum we have posted what the Lord has done in my life and through my hands, I have tried from the get go to glorify my Lord, I'm the doulous, I don't seek attention for myself,

but there are some here that all I hear is I, I, I, me, me, me,we are the only ones that are correct, we disregard what the Word says in it's correct context taught to us by the Holy Spirit and go by OUR experiences and those that do are wrong and blaspheming God!

I'm tired of this, it's NOT correct Christian behavior and it's NOT the Holy Spirit!

And the correct way to read Galatians 5:22 is,

The fruit of the Holy Spirit is Agape (love), ...and this Agape (love) will be manifested in and through our lives by, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, meekness and self-control,

which, fruit inspector I am, I don't see any in those that have to have it their way!

Be careful and pay attention, it's easy to copy and paste, but that ain't gonna get you to Heaven,

Let us not become glory-seeking, provoking one another, envying one another. Gal 5:26

Why not let the Word judge ya'al for once?

I know that it means that. That is why I questioned her use of perfect.

Man can be perfect in scripture.

But when most people hear the word they think infallible. Which is DEAD wrong.

This is why the infallibility label placed on men is so in error and yet so prevalent in religion.

The King says we are to be complete as God is complete. He is the best God he can be. He is at his apex.

And so should we. At our apex. Nothing left to achieve. But not without fault.

This is why words translated from one language to another can be so harmful when not used in the context of the whole of scripture.

Take for instance this one. Isa 45:7
Evil is Hebrew is Rah.
But it means adversity and strife, making your life hard. Not sin.

But English speakers see evil and think related to diabolic intent. It is not. Because if you look at the whole of scripture God cannot be diabolic because he would stop being God.

When people take these things out of context and use their own traditions for definition we get the wrong things out.

Got cha! You are very correct. It is amazing to me how some people can become so fixated on a word which has the wrong meaning and when shown, reject the real meaning altogether.

It goes IMO to prove that we like what we know even if it is wrong and we tend to reject the truth when we come across it.

That is exactly why so many people are lost in this world! They like what they are and do not want to change.

Ya know, here it is,

From my very first post on this forum we have posted what the Lord has done in my life and through my hands, I have tried from the get go to glorify my Lord, I'm the doulous, I don't seek attention for myself,

but there are some here that all I hear is I, I, I, me, me, me,we are the only ones that are correct, we disregard what the Word says in it's correct context taught to us by the Holy Spirit and go by OUR experiences and those that do are wrong and blaspheming God!

I'm tired of this, it's NOT correct Christian behavior and it's NOT the Holy Spirit!

And the correct way to read Galatians 5:22 is,

The fruit of the Holy Spirit is Agape (love), ...and this Agape (love) will be manifested in and through our lives by, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, meekness and self-control,

which, fruit inspector I am, I don't see any in those that have to have it their way!

Be careful and pay attention, it's easy to copy and paste, but that ain't gonna get you to Heaven,

Let us not become glory-seeking, provoking one another, envying one another. Gal 5:26

I agree with your thought. But we are humans and one of the failures of man is that he has a need to be right!
What you are seeing here on this site is what is seen in all walks of life and all occupations with all walks of people.
We do not like being told that we are wrong and regardless of whether or not we are Christians or not, we will challenge everything.

I am not saying that is right, only that it takes place everywhere with everyone.

it's easy to copy and paste, but that ain't gonna get you to Heaven,

I do not believe there is a single one of us that use copy and paste as entrance in to The Kingdom.
Nor is it the intention.

Let us not become glory-seeking, provoking one another, envying one another.
Gal 5:26

And I do not think anyone is seeking glory for ourselves, provoking for the sake of provocation nor giving into envy.

And as we are using The Word to debate and discuss I'm fairly sure we are all covered. Not just once but much of the time.

I do not hate anyone here. I cannot. It is against The Second Commandment.

Not allowed to hate people. Things, yes. I can hate traffic jams. Concepts, yes I can hate expletives. But people, no.

If I break that command, I break the first. That is rebellion.

I agree with your thought. But we are humans and one of the failures of man is that he has a need to be right!
What you are seeing here on this site is what is seen in all walks of life and all occupations with all walks of people.
We do not like being told that we are wrong and regardless of whether or not we are Christians or not, we will challenge everything.

I am not saying that is right, only that it takes place everywhere with everyone.

In the same vein,

There are some here that I disagree with and they disagree with me, I'm going to use major as and example becasue he is a mature brother and even though we disagree on certain irrelevant subjects we have the same heart for the Truth and the lost.

The evidence of the Holy Spirit working in our lives, being filled with the Holy Spirit, having received the second baptism of the Holy Spirit, having the fire fall from Heaven on us, what ever you want to call it, is, ...he is my brother, we have the same Spiritual Father and Mother, I love him too much, because of the Holy Spirit in me, ...to argue with him, ...how can/could I hurt one whom I love?

@Dave Lucas , what I'm talking about when I say copy and paste, is someone can copy and paste verses 100 or 1000 times, that doesn't mean the Holy Spirit in me will testify that it's from Him if it's not used in the correct context of how He wrote it. Jer 31:33 Jn 14:36, 1 Jn 2:27

In the same vein,

There are some here that I disagree with and they disagree with me, I'm going to use major as and example becasue he is a mature brother and even though we disagree on certain irrelevant subjects we have the same heart for the Truth and the lost.

The evidence of the Holy Spirit working in our lives, being filled with the Holy Spirit, having received the second baptism of the Holy Spirit, having the fire fall from Heaven on us, what ever you want to call it, is, ...he is my brother, we have the same Spiritual Father and Mother, I love him too much, because of the Holy Spirit in me, ...to argue with him, ...how can/could I hurt one whom I love?

Yea.........and the next thing you are going to say is that he is ugly, BUT I still love him!

Well, that OK. My mother still says that but my dog still kisses me! Dogs are really good like that!

In the same vein,

I feel the same way about him. I have many friends who are baptist and otherwise who have not and do not want the baptism of the Holy Spirit. That is their prerogative. They are still born again, and are my sisters and brothers in Christ. I love them very much!

You are very correct and of course you know that you fall into that category.

That is why I post so much Scripture, but I have noticed that you tend to not respond to those Bible verses.

Example would be post #36.

Funny. I am non-denominational, and free of the hold of sectarianism.

I feel the same way about him. I have many friends who are baptist and otherwise who have not and do not want the baptism of the Holy Spirit. That is their prerogative. They are still born again, and are my sisters and brothers in Christ. I love them very much!

But you see Euphemia, I know lots of Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians and even John MacArthur..., (and how about Spurgeon, do you dare to say he wasn't filled with the Holy Spirit?) who are filled with the Holy Spirit, just because we/they don't believe in the same qualifications as you that doesn't negate the filling/baptism of the Holy Spirit in their lives for the ministry He has called them to, on the contrary, their ministries do authenticate their being baptized by the Holy Spirit.

And here is a reply to your post saying God wouldn't want us to authenticate tongues to see if what we hear is a known language or just muttering and peeping, ...on the day of Pentecost, 32 AD those in the upper room started speaking unintelligible sounds and we are told by Luke what those strange unintelligible sounds were,

And how do we each hear in our own dialect in which we were born? Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya around Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians, we hear them speaking the great things of God in our own languages. Act 2:8-11

the disciples didn't know what they were saying and notice they hadn't asked for it, so for those listening it sounded like gibberish, except those that heard their own language being spoken, ...so you see, God did authenticate what languages the disciples were speaking, maybe as long as 25-30 years after the incident of Pentecost, by having Luke write them in his book for us.

I purpose the same thing to you that I did to mitspa, write or record what you say when you are speaking in tongues and let us authenticate it, like God did for us using Luke and like Paul told us to do, 1 Thes 5:21 and if you think or say you have a problem with that then use your concordance and look up the meaning of prove in the verse.

Earthly tongues for the purpose of the gospel is the very first use of the gift. This is another form.

I will never write or record praying in tongues as that is Holy Spirit speaking to the Father. If we were meant to record or write it, then He would tell us to. It is not God-honouring to manipulate it, so don't ask people to do something like that. the fact alone that I asked the Lord for the gift and He obliged me that day with great blessing and confirmation is authentication enough. it is for my personal use and edification that is fine with me, and it is a wonderful pleasure for my Father.

It passes the test.

Earthly tongues for the purpose of the gospel is the very first use of the gift. This is another form.

I will never write or record praying in tongues as that is Holy Spirit speaking to the Father. If we were meant to record or write it, then He would tell us to. It is not God-honouring to manipulate it, so don't ask people to do something like that. the fact alone that I asked the Lord for the gift and He obliged me that day with great blessing and confirmation is authentication enough. it is for my personal use and edification that is fine with me, and it is a wonderful pleasure for my Father.

It passes the test.

Wrong again, the very first use of tongues was telling the wonderful works of God Acts 2:11

Peter gave them the gospel in Acts 2:22-36, and like I stated above, God did authenticate what tongues they were speaking 25-30 years after the fact, so your refusal for your own personal reasons doesn't coincide with the Word and what God has done, so I have to ask myself why don't you want us to hear the wonderful works of God and be blessed along with you, don't we deserve it, are we not a part of the Church, ...are you that naive to think that those that heard the speaking of tongues on the day of Pentecost didn't go home and tell the wonderful works of God they had heard in Jerusalem?

What's the difference, they told others what they had heard in their own language, why won't you tell us what you say in a language foreign to you and we will have it translated and then all will be blessed, ...just like back in 32 AD.

"This is another form."

Now, the Word tongues is used in the NT 27 times and every time it is a language know on the planet, so what you are telling us is you have had a new revelation from the Lord just for you.

"...it is for my personal use"

Again, the NT doesn't teach us tongues is for someone's personal use, the very fact that it is a foreign language shows it is meant for someone else.

Wrong again, the very first use of tongues was telling the wonderful works of God Acts 2:11

Peter gave them the gospel in Acts 2:22-36, and like I stated above, God did authenticate what tongues they were speaking 25-30 years after the fact, so your refusal for your own personal reasons doesn't coincide with the Word and what God has done, so I have to ask myself why don't you want us to hear the wonderful works of God and be blessed along with you, don't we deserve it, are we not a part of the Church, ...are you that naive to think that those that heard the speaking of tongues on the day of Pentecost didn't go home and tell the wonderful works of God they had heard in Jerusalem?

What's the difference, they told others what they had heard in their own language, why won't you tell us what you say in a language foreign to you and we will have it translated and then all will be blessed, ...just like back in 32 AD.

"This is another form."

Now, the Word tongues is used in the NT 27 times and every time it is a language know on the planet, so what you are telling us is you have had a new revelation from the Lord just for you.

"...it is for my personal use"

Again, the NT doesn't teach us tongues is for someone's personal use, the very fact that it is a foreign language shows it is meant for someone else.

I'm not "wrong again", nor for the first time.

I don't manipulate God and His gift to appease your doubts. You are confused about the gift of tongues, and seem, like others, to want to remain in ignorance of it. So be it, until you desire the gift for yourself, and ask the Lord for it. The gift I have is for use in private prayer and worship, where the Spirit speaks mysteries to God. My mind is quiet and resting while my spirit is engaged, and being blessed and edified, which is God's purpose for it..

I'm not "wrong again", nor for the first time.

I don't manipulate God and His gift to appease your doubts. You are confused about the gift of tongues, and seem, like others, to want to remain in ignorance of it. So be it, until you desire the gift for yourself, and ask the Lord for it. The gift I have is for use in private prayer and worship, where the Spirit speaks mysteries to God. My mind is quiet and resting while my spirit is engaged, and being blessed and edified, which is God's purpose for it..

You are wrong in saying the first time the gift of tongues was used was Acts 2:11 was to give the Gospel,, the Gospel was given by Peter in either Greek or Aramaic, ...I'm sorry, but do you read the Bible?

Please explain to me how I'm confused and want to remain in ignorance about the gift of tongues when I speak in tongues?

Do you have some special revelation?

You are wrong in saying the first time the gift of tongues was used was Acts 2:11 was to give the Gospel,, the Gospel was given by Peter in either Greek or Aramaic, ...I'm sorry, but do you read the Bible?

Please explain to me how I'm confused and want to remain in ignorance about the gift of tongues when I speak in tongues?

Do you have some special revelation?

They told of the mighty works of God in each of the hearers' languages, which turned their hearts toward the Gospel message which was coming next. Holy Spirit knew what He was doing.

You don't have to experience tongues if you don't want to, but you are not to mock it out of your ignorance of it, or to forbid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back