Today's Thought

Dusty

Inactive
Today's Thought

Proverbs 3:11-12 (NIV). My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.......

Thoughts on This Verse...

Discipline, even when it is not falsely confused with puni...shment, is considered irritating, and unnecessary. The lazy and sinful part of us wants no boundaries, even if they are good, and no direction because it might conflict with what we want to do. But the Lord disciplines out of love to bless us. It is a sign of his delight. Why? Because he is not content to leave us unchanged, unmotivated, and disinterested. He wants to move us closer to our goal: Jesus!

Proverbs 3:11-12 (NIV). My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.......

Thoughts on This Verse...

Discipline, even when it is not falsely confused with puni...shment, is considered irritating, and unnecessary. The lazy and sinful part of us wants no boundaries, even if they are good, and no direction because it might conflict with what we want to do. But the Lord disciplines out of love to bless us. It is a sign of his delight. Why? Because he is not content to leave us unchanged, unmotivated, and disinterested. He wants to move us closer to our goal: Jesus!
Amen Dusty! That's some awesome stuff! :) :) :) :)

Agreed. Good word. If only I'd read this a week or so ago. Also: Hebrews 12:6-7 (KJV--because I like the word "chasteneth") "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?"

Agreed. Good word. If only I'd read this a week or so ago. Also: Hebrews 12:6-7 (KJV--because I like the word "chasteneth") "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?"

Amen .... That is a good verse . It's not always easy to take the chastening but we are His children and need correction no matter how hard it hurts. It is for our good because of God's love.

Back