To Jeff: I Thought This Was A ''friendly'' Christian Forum...?

This does happen unfortunately when a person meets someone and stops going to church. You have let a relationship with some guy interfere with your relationship with God.

'Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?' (2 Corinthians 6.14-15).

I believe God is trying to lead you to having a true relationship with Him. You say it's killing you that you've stopped going to church. I would hope you return to church and put an end to this relationship that is not from God. As in the verse above , it is dangerous as it will take you away from the faith and thus your faith will be weak. It is better to be alone with God than do things that are against His will for you. Trust in God with your whole life, He has a much better plan for your life than you may think.
Thank you so much. That is very encouraging. But I have a guilty feeling, like I'd feel bad to leave.

That's a tough one. I'm sorry you are going through this. Know that God wants you to be a disciple and that means freedom from hopelessness.

I will be praying for you, dear!

If you need some ridiculousness you are welcome at the clown thread. And don't be afraid to post pictures of your pets doing silly things.
Thamk you please, please do pray for me!

No. I just can't seem to let go. It's like something is holding me back.

Then, Beloved, put God FIRST and be blessed. Else, you will never know how much the Lord can bless you. If a man loves a woman, he will want to walk with her in holiness...if not, he will try to hold her back from serving God.

Then, Beloved, put God FIRST and be blessed. Else, you will never know how much the Lord can bless you. If a man loves a woman, he will want to walk with her in holiness...if not, he will try to hold her back from serving God.
Oh my gosh. I never looked at it like that. Thank you.

Thank you so much. That is very encouraging. But I have a guilty feeling, like I'd feel bad to leave.
You have no reason to feel guilty or bad for leaving. I pray you will do what is right and that is to put your relationship with God first. And sooner rather than later. I was in long-term relationship which was very unhealthy. I became christian but tried everything i could to make it work. It ended up destroying me to. I left it too long to get out and should have got out much much sooner. I'm still suffering consequences of being in that relationship. I must admit i was confused about staying or leaving but you could say i stayed until the very end. Now i look back and know exactly what i should have done. Like i said i stayed until there was so little left of me- my life, my sanity was in danger. Mine was extreme but at the end of the day it is our life and our salvation at risk

You have no reason to feel guilty or bad for leaving. I pray you will do what is right and that is to put your relationship with God first. And sooner rather than later. I was in long-term relationship which was very unhealthy. I became christian but tried everything i could to make it work. It ended up destroying me to. I left it too long to get out and should have got out much much sooner. I'm still suffering consequences of being in that relationship. I must admit i was confused about staying or leaving but you could say i stayed until the very end. Now i look back and know exactly what i should have done. Like i said i stayed until there was so little left of me- my life, my sanity was in danger. Mine was extreme but at the end of the day it is our life and our salvation at risk
I so very much appreciate you sharing that with me. See this guy is not that bad. He treats me good. But there is a down side to it. I caught him talking to other women, saying things he should only be saying to me. I didn't do anything about it and I don't know why. I'm still here with him!! Something in me said "why leave him just so you can move on and put up with the same crap with another man. Might us well stay with him and put up with him". I was never like that!! I left my ex because of cheating, no chances nothing I just left. He treated me good as well, besides that. So why am I so trapped with this one? I don't understand and I miss god so much. I still pray and read my bible and talk to him but don't go to church. I miss that so much. I just miss the way my life was before this guy. I don't know I feel lost and confused. I don't even know what happened or what is happening. I just pray and ask god to help me and I put this in his hands because I obviously can't deal with it on my own.

I so very much appreciate you sharing that with me. See this guy is not that bad. He treats me good. But there is a down side to it. I caught him talking to other women, saying things he should only be saying to me. I didn't do anything about it and I don't know why. I'm still here with him!! Something in me said "why leave him just so you can move on and put up with the same crap with another man. Might us well stay with him and put up with him". I was never like that!! I left my ex because of cheating, no chances nothing I just left. He treated me good as well, besides that. So why am I so trapped with this one? I don't understand and I miss god so much. I still pray and read my bible and talk to him but don't go to church. I miss that so much. I just miss the way my life was before this guy. I don't know I feel lost and confused. I don't even know what happened or what is happening. I just pray and ask god to help me and I put this in his hands because I obviously can't deal with it on my own.
I understand how you feel. My faith was compromised, i even stopped going to church for a while and missed it so much and things got worse for me. Don't ever settle for less and if you live wholeheartedly for God you wouldn't even think that you would be in a relationship with someone that would treat you like ****. That just wouldn't happen. Stick with God, you will come ti know your worth and you would never entertain the thought of somebody treating or speaking to you disrespectfully. That is not what God has in mind for you. It is so important that we value ourselves and enjoy the opportunity for it to be just you and God before you even think of dating and marriage. It is very hard when you are still around the other person to break away. When i eventually got away, i am actually in a different county now, the freedom is immense. It's beautiful, amazing, a release and i can be with God wholeheartedly, give my life totally. Sometimes we are tricked into thinking 'he's not that bad' when a nice side to their character comes out, but is that genuine. Anyway i don't want to go on too much , i just want to let you know how important your relationship with God is and that it must come first and it be amazing for you if you went back to church again. It' d do you wonders by the sound of it and you wouldn't have the loss you're feeling now. Wouldn't you rather be a woman of God and have a man of God in your life in the future rather tjan compromising your faith and worth now?

I understand how you feel. My faith was compromised, i even stopped going to church for a while and missed it so much and things got worse for me. Don't ever settle for less and if you live wholeheartedly for God you wouldn't even think that you would be in a relationship with someone that would treat you like ****. That just wouldn't happen. Stick with God, you will come ti know your worth and you would never entertain the thought of somebody treating or speaking to you disrespectfully. That is not what God has in mind for you. It is so important that we value ourselves and enjoy the opportunity for it to be just you and God before you even think of dating and marriage. It is very hard when you are still around the other person to break away. When i eventually got away, i am actually in a different county now, the freedom is immense. It's beautiful, amazing, a release and i can be with God wholeheartedly, give my life totally. Sometimes we are tricked into thinking 'he's not that bad' when a nice side to their character comes out, but is that genuine. Anyway i don't want to go on too much , i just want to let you know how important your relationship with God is and that it must come first and it be amazing for you if you went back to church again. It' d do you wonders by the sound of it and you wouldn't have the loss you're feeling now. Wouldn't you rather be a woman of God and have a man of God in your life in the future rather tjan compromising your faith and worth now?
I would definitely love to have a man of god. But I don't want to be alone and what if that man never comes? I'm scared I guess and confused. All messed up, put it that way

I would definitely love to have a man of god. But I don't want to be alone and what if that man never comes? I'm scared I guess and confused. All messed up, put it that way
If it's God's will for you to be married to a man of God it will happen if you trust the Lord. Give your whole life to God so he has access to work in your life. For the time being it is best to be alone (although we are never really alone when we have a relationship with God), rather than jeapordising your faith. Sometimes people want to take matters into their own hands rather than trusting God. They become impatient. Like Abraham who wanted a child. God promised he would be the father to a nation. Sarah, his wife told Abraham to lay with the servant and Ishmael was born who eventually Abraham had to turn away into the desert. Issaac was the promise not Ishmael. Talk to God, ask Him for guidance , seek to do His will for life.

Back